humidity

yankee7568

Hello, I am new here. I was wanting to know how to up the humidity? I put a bowl of water in the box, nothing... I misted water in the box nothing... My grow box is 18 SF running three 150w CFL's with a carbon filter with 2 90mm PC fans in it. Also running one 120mm intake fan. Its all lined in trash bags to seal it up and lined foil over that! Its on 18/6 lighting.... The humid is 31% the temp is 90-95 degrees lights on and 75 degrees lights out. the humid is like 21 lights out... Also its in my house so a/c is on 24/7... I know the temps are high but there is no way on getting them down unless I leave the door open... I have more powerful PC fans on the way (Guam is hard to get stuff too). Thanks in advance..:yummy:

First off, let me welcome you to 420, we're glad to have you with us. Personally, I'd be more concerned with your temps than the humidity values you've posted. One way to help the plants deal with high temps is to flood the box with co2...and here is a cheap and easy way to do it.

Get a couple two liter bottles...fill them 3/4 of the way full with water...to each bottle, you can use as many as you want, add 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar and one packet of yeast. Shake like crazy and suspend the tops of the bottles above your plants. Co2 is heavier than the air surrounding it so it will sink. Co2 saturated enviroments help the plants tolerate much higher temps...I have personally read accounts of plants thriving at temps reaching 110f using this method...and as an added benefit, you are giving the plants something they need anyhow.

Thanks for the welcome

So shake like crazy then open them up all the way? Also how long do they last and when will they need to be replaced?

So I wont need to worry about the humidity?

I punch a hole in the caps with a 3/16" drill bit myself...replace when the bubbling stops...that could be 3 days...it could be 10. As far as the humidity goes, it is a little...very little low, I wouldn't worry about it at this point. As your plants grow, they will transpire more water into the box, and the humidity will slowly climb.

It can take a bit for fermintation to start...be patient, and watch for foamy little bubbles to start. Their will also be a smell...kind of like bread dough.

Back
Top Bottom