GREETINGS from the green thumbed toker

Green Thumb

hi to one and all, after spending endless hours reading thread after thread while blazing fatty after fatty i decided to take the plunge and get my own little grow on and join in on the fun. I will be needing some good advice so you can give a fella a helping hand with my first CFL Cheese and mango grow please don't hesitate to drop me a line,,,:thank-you:

Welcome to 420 Green Thumb, glad to have you here. Can't wait to see the journal get up and running. Don't hesitate to call if you need help.

High

Welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

Props on your decision to read read read before embarking on the grow.

We'd suggest you start a grow journal so we can all sign in and help you through the process.

WHATS UP BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!!!!!!!!!....boy did you find the right place...LOL...I did the exact same thing for three months....looked at this site, than did my first grow, thanks to the info you get here, I am smoking DANK...cough....as I type..LMAO....check out my grow....IT WAS AWSOME MAN!!!!...I can't wait too see you'rs man.

O.K. , here comes some info from a newby...to a newby,
1st...CFL is kool, keep those lights real close at first to avoid stretching...long stringy babys.
2nd...keep fan blowing, makes for strong babys, and keeps heat away.
3rd...when you think they need water.......they probably don't...LOL..big newby mistake.
4th...GOOD pics. help everybody here help you BETTER.....they will save you grow in times of panic...and there WILL be panic attacks...LMAO...trust me.
5th...keep a "hand written" log done DAILY....to keep track of what you daily, and make a daily check list and STICK to it.

sorry...LOL....going on a rant...LOL....if you need any help man, throw it out here......GREEN MOJO to your grow man.
PEACE

and always remember that nothing is set in stone, experiment and try new ways of doing things, plants are like people in a way, different personalities, likes dislikes, etc... good growing to ya

Image056.jpg

I fixed your pic display

Use this insert image button for inserting pics instead of create link button button

My suggestion would be to move the lights a little closer, or the shorter plants a little closer to the lights. As close as you can get them without them feeling too hot to hold the back of your hand at the tps. Will minimize stretching.

Looking good - props

hi soniq,,,thanks for replying man i really appreciate it, and thanks for sorting out my picture problems i'm still getting the hang of things, the pic i posted yesterday was how my room was when i first started this thread and things have moved on loads since then,the two biggest things being that i have got myself a bigger area to play with now and i have ditched the CFLs and got my self a 400 watt HPS set up,,its a digital ballast which is supposed to save on energy bills,,what do you think about me switching from CFL to HPS??? Also in the previous room which was a closet grow i was badly in need of ventilation,,all i had was a oscillating fan and now iv got a in-let fan a out-let fan and also a oscillating which is the tower type, my temp at the moment is around 80 is that good or bad??? I do have pics to show you but im still struggling so i will post them on the next post after this, oh yea the strains are 5 cheese plants and one mango,,is there any kind of food or certain watering routine that these strains prefer,,,???please check out my new set up on the next post and give me your honest opinion on every-thing, i also moved the little ones up as you suggested,
latest_set_up.JPG

HI AGAIN GUYS :grinjoint: i have finally nailed this posting pic's into threads thing and now i can really start new journal, for the last few days iv been so busy with work stuff that i have not had the time to sit down on the P.C but i really need help from some professionals so here goes, First please check out the before and after pics, Iv gone from two 200 watt CFLs to one 400 watt HPS---good thing or not???? also i need a good carbon filter can any one please recommend any certain types or make in the kinda mid range price bracket???? also soil which is the medium I'm using and is the thing I'm having problems with because i know certain types of soil I'm buying have like bits tree bark in them is that a good thing or not??? also I'm hitting about 80-82in the temperature department is that to high or too low please help me out this is my first crack at it and really need it to work out for me-- anyways here is the before and after pics
Image056.jpg
And now after and about 6 days on
latest_set_up.JPG
so please give me your opinions i will be very grateful to all replies from you guys, i have been waiting too start this grow for a long time and have read many of your threads i know you know what your doing and I'm pretty sure you can steer me in the right direction, many thanks the green thumbed warrior :yummy:
ANGLE.JPG

I've moved this thread to FAQ. You'll get the most attention from the grow Support Guru in here - until you get your journal started.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Green Thumb, I strongly reccomend that you restart this thread here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine. This is where the Grow Support team will be looking for new journals to look in on and offer assistance. Also, read this How to Make a Grow Journal, it'll help you provide all the needed info so we can help you out.
As far as the switch to HID lighting, HID provides far greater light penetration, but at a cost. They are hot. Your posted temps are ok, but I would keep a close eye on the temps and lower them if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom