Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

Moxxic

Some Approached My Plant The Over Day And Mentioned She Had "Over Mature Bud" Ok Heres Her Story. I Had Her In A Half Gallon Pot For A Little Over 5 Month. She Flowered. Then I Went Ahead And Moved Her To A 3 Gallon Pot. She Grew Taller You Could Say. But As Yet To But On Those "New Branches". Is Waiting For The "new Branches" To Flower Doing Any Harm To My Pervious Buds???!!

Thankx,
Moxxic.
:yummy:
PS . Heres A Photo Of Her.
101_0302.jpg

Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

Ummm do you have a lot of amber hairs on your existing buds?
im not a super expert at all, but from what i understand these help with determining your plants maturity and readiness for harvest.

Thats The Thing. I've Had Amber Hairs For About A Month Now. I Guess I'm Just A Little Attached To The Plant. My Plans Are To Clone Her And Cure The Buds.

Thats The Thing. I've Had Amber Hairs For About A Month Now. I Guess I'm Just A Little Attached To The Plant. My Plans Are To Clone Her And Cure The Buds.

At this point it appears you have done a good deal of damage to your plant by messing with the light-cycles. You should cut the old flowers off and clone it. What is left after cloning may still produce bud, but since you have apparently been messing with the light-cycle it may go hermie on you.

It sounds like you had a flowering plant that you then put back into vegative growth... Not good. You can double-bud (flower the plant completely then force put it back in vegative then flower again) but in the future if you are going to double-bud your plant remember to harvest the bud before you put it back into vegative. And don't expect much from the second harvest. You will get some buds, but nothing like the first.

At this point it appears you have done a good deal of damage to your plant by messing with the light-cycles. You should cut the old flowers off and clone it. What is left after cloning may still produce bud, but since you have apparently been messing with the light-cycle it may go hermie on you.

It sounds like you had a flowering plant that you then put back into vegative growth... Not good. You can double-bud (flower the plant completely then force put it back in vegative then flower again) but in the future if you are going to double-bud your plant remember to harvest the bud before you put it back into vegative. And don't expect much from the second harvest. You will get some buds, but nothing like the first.

What Are The Negitives Of Putting My Plant Back Into A Vegative State? BTW The New Branches Are Already Beginning To Flower.

Cut off the all the dense mature buds and dry and cure them. You can cut off and clone all of the branches that are not fully mature and you can re-veg them just fine. Mulch whatever is left of the mother plant. I think this would be your best route to follow.

Cut off the all the dense mature buds and dry and cure them. You can cut off and clone all of the branches that are not fully mature and you can re-veg them just fine. Mulch whatever is left of the mother plant. I think this would be your best route to follow.

Best Addvice Ever. Thank You.:rollit::thanks::rollit:

Wow is this discussion about the plant in the picture above? What BUD, WHere? My first imprssion is that plant needs water. Second question is this from a seed,I guess it is. Plus looking at the leaf formation it has been stressed. Why the transplant to a smaller container, more stress. I would wait at least 5 mo before deciding to start blooming it needs to mature, kids having kids, not good. RULE veg for aleast 18hrs 24hrs full light/ Rule two bloom min of 12hrs. Darkness every 24, uninterupted.

Not sure where you came up with this info, but plants are routinely forced back to veg after sexing the plant.

True. However the OP had full-on buds growing, he was deep into flowering. The point I was trying to make was that putting the plant back into veg when you have large buds on your plant is bad for the current buds. Harvest the buds you have then go back to veg.

Ummm do you have a lot of amber hairs on your existing buds?
im not a super expert at all, but from what i understand these help with determining your plants maturity and readiness for harvest.

It does help, but you shouldn't determine if it is time to harvest by looking at the hairs, you should be looking at the trichnomes (crystals). This has been covered in depth, i'm sure you can find a tread that explains when to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom