Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

  1. #1
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

    Some Approached My Plant The Over Day And Mentioned She Had "Over Mature Bud" Ok Heres Her Story. I Had Her In A Half Gallon Pot For A Little Over 5 Month. She Flowered. Then I Went Ahead And Moved Her To A 3 Gallon Pot. She Grew Taller You Could Say. But As Yet To But On Those "New Branches". Is Waiting For The "new Branches" To Flower Doing Any Harm To My Pervious Buds???!!

    Thankx,
    Moxxic.

    PS . Heres A Photo Of Her.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 06-03-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Uploaded Photo to 420 Magazine Gallery

  2. #2
    Member of the Month 2nd Place Winner (Feb 10') DroJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ASU
    Posts
    1,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Ummm do you have a lot of amber hairs on your existing buds?
    im not a super expert at all, but from what i understand these help with determining your plants maturity and readiness for harvest.

  3. #3
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Thats The Thing. I've Had Amber Hairs For About A Month Now. I Guess I'm Just A Little Attached To The Plant. My Plans Are To Clone Her And Cure The Buds.

  4. #4
    420 Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moxxic View Post
    Thats The Thing. I've Had Amber Hairs For About A Month Now. I Guess I'm Just A Little Attached To The Plant. My Plans Are To Clone Her And Cure The Buds.
    At this point it appears you have done a good deal of damage to your plant by messing with the light-cycles. You should cut the old flowers off and clone it. What is left after cloning may still produce bud, but since you have apparently been messing with the light-cycle it may go hermie on you.

    It sounds like you had a flowering plant that you then put back into vegative growth... Not good. You can double-bud (flower the plant completely then force put it back in vegative then flower again) but in the future if you are going to double-bud your plant remember to harvest the bud before you put it back into vegative. And don't expect much from the second harvest. You will get some buds, but nothing like the first.

  5. #5
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dirty420247 View Post
    At this point it appears you have done a good deal of damage to your plant by messing with the light-cycles. You should cut the old flowers off and clone it. What is left after cloning may still produce bud, but since you have apparently been messing with the light-cycle it may go hermie on you.

    It sounds like you had a flowering plant that you then put back into vegative growth... Not good. You can double-bud (flower the plant completely then force put it back in vegative then flower again) but in the future if you are going to double-bud your plant remember to harvest the bud before you put it back into vegative. And don't expect much from the second harvest. You will get some buds, but nothing like the first.
    What Are The Negitives Of Putting My Plant Back Into A Vegative State? BTW The New Branches Are Already Beginning To Flower.

  6. #6
    420 Member CharlieMopps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

    Cut off the all the dense mature buds and dry and cure them. You can cut off and clone all of the branches that are not fully mature and you can re-veg them just fine. Mulch whatever is left of the mother plant. I think this would be your best route to follow.

  7. #7
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking Re: Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    Cut off the all the dense mature buds and dry and cure them. You can cut off and clone all of the branches that are not fully mature and you can re-veg them just fine. Mulch whatever is left of the mother plant. I think this would be your best route to follow.
    Best Addvice Ever. Thank You.

  8. #8
    420 Member Retired One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dirty420247 View Post
    It sounds like you had a flowering plant that you then put back into vegative growth... Not good.
    Not sure where you came up with this info, but plants are routinely forced back to veg after sexing the plant.

  9. #9
    420 Member Dr FrankenKush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Third stone from the Sun
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

    Wow is this discussion about the plant in the picture above? What BUD, WHere? My first imprssion is that plant needs water. Second question is this from a seed,I guess it is. Plus looking at the leaf formation it has been stressed. Why the transplant to a smaller container, more stress. I would wait at least 5 mo before deciding to start blooming it needs to mature, kids having kids, not good. RULE veg for aleast 18hrs 24hrs full light/ Rule two bloom min of 12hrs. Darkness every 24, uninterupted.

  10. #10
    420 Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWeed View Post
    Not sure where you came up with this info, but plants are routinely forced back to veg after sexing the plant.
    True. However the OP had full-on buds growing, he was deep into flowering. The point I was trying to make was that putting the plant back into veg when you have large buds on your plant is bad for the current buds. Harvest the buds you have then go back to veg.

  11. #11
    420 Member Dr FrankenKush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Third stone from the Sun
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

    Yep

  12. #12
    420 Member Aussiebonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aussie Aussie Aussie....
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds? Please Help!

    I get overly attatched to my girls too.... but she dosent look to healthy too me dude.

  13. #13
    420 Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Over Mature Buds?? Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroJo View Post
    Ummm do you have a lot of amber hairs on your existing buds?
    im not a super expert at all, but from what i understand these help with determining your plants maturity and readiness for harvest.
    It does help, but you shouldn't determine if it is time to harvest by looking at the hairs, you should be looking at the trichnomes (crystals). This has been covered in depth, i'm sure you can find a tread that explains when to harvest.

Tags for this Thread