Should I Clone Now or Wait?

deepblue

I recently posted a thread here but unfortunately did not get any replies; so I went ahead and switched my plants to the 12/12 photoperiod. Now after about 4 days one of my five Great White Shark plants is definitely female (the others most likely male but I'll give them a while longer before giving them the axe). My question to you all is do I change my female GWS back to 18/6 and take clones once it has adjusted or do I take clones now (I have 6 cloneable nodes on this particular plant) and put them on a 24hr. CFL? Thanks in advance.

Yeah given the size I would put the females back into veg(18/6) for a couple weeks. You can take clones now. They will just be a little slow in rooting. And probably more risk of herming, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You would end up with feminized seeds.

a hermie is always bad to me! lol

but yeah if you put it back in veg in might get stressed a lil, but if you have 6 site you can clone from then go for it, like weed420 said the will be slow in rooting.
but it works, the difference was about a week or so slower.

Alright that all makes sense. I'll probably take some clones from her and then flower her out. What do you know about cloning a clone? Or at least making one of the stronger clones I take from this plant into a "mother" plant to give me a few more generations. Will I lose anything in the way of genetics or yield? Thanks for your help everyone.

A clone will be an exact match of the mother. Have patience in cloning and read up. They'll take a good 2 weeks to get healthy. Don't water them and don't nute them. Get a humidity dome and just spray them with mist. Soil just needs to be damp not wet.

Back
Top Bottom