Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Should I Clone Now or Wait?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Should I Clone Now or Wait?

    I recently posted a thread here but unfortunately did not get any replies; so I went ahead and switched my plants to the 12/12 photoperiod. Now after about 4 days one of my five Great White Shark plants is definitely female (the others most likely male but I'll give them a while longer before giving them the axe). My question to you all is do I change my female GWS back to 18/6 and take clones once it has adjusted or do I take clones now (I have 6 cloneable nodes on this particular plant) and put them on a 24hr. CFL? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Marijuanaville
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should I Clone Now or Wait?

    Yeah given the size I would put the females back into veg(18/6) for a couple weeks. You can take clones now. They will just be a little slow in rooting. And probably more risk of herming, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You would end up with feminized seeds.

  3. #3
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    1,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should I Clone Now or Wait?

    a hermie is always bad to me! lol

    but yeah if you put it back in veg in might get stressed a lil, but if you have 6 site you can clone from then go for it, like weed420 said the will be slow in rooting.
    but it works, the difference was about a week or so slower.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should I Clone Now or Wait?

    Alright that all makes sense. I'll probably take some clones from her and then flower her out. What do you know about cloning a clone? Or at least making one of the stronger clones I take from this plant into a "mother" plant to give me a few more generations. Will I lose anything in the way of genetics or yield? Thanks for your help everyone.

  5. #5
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Marijuanaville
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should I Clone Now or Wait?

    A clone will be an exact match of the mother. Have patience in cloning and read up. They'll take a good 2 weeks to get healthy. Don't water them and don't nute them. Get a humidity dome and just spray them with mist. Soil just needs to be damp not wet.

  6. #6
    420 Member Ms.Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should I Clone Now or Wait?

    You can definitely clone a clone. ;-) There are some that say cloning a clone decreases potency, but studies have show this isn't true. Clone away. ;-)