Any suggestions?

sungoddess

Anyone have anything that relieves problems for them? I have diverticulitis and when I have attacks... holy moly. And even in between, sometimes I have just plain old keeling over stomach issues that last for half an hour b/c I ate something I wasn't aware was gonna give me so much grief.

What works for you?

I've got irritable bowel syndrome. You might not believe but the best thing I've found for it is seedy low grade Mexican weed. I don't even have to smoke enough to get high,a few hits will stop the cramping dead in it's track.

I, too, know the agony of unhappy intestines, but nowhere near as bad as I'm sure some of your attacks must be...

Two ideas.

1. Indicas -- strong indicas. Nothing works better for my body -- the stronger the better.

2. Eating -- have you tried ingesting cannabis in butter or baked goods? Might be a great way to help prevent an attack, considering you'd be applying your medicine directly to the location where the pain is.

There are receptors for cannabinoids all throughout your GI tract, and the action of cannabis can help to improve motility, reduce swelling, and reduce smooth muscle cramps in the intestines, which can be very very painful indeed.

But ya, indicas, not a hybrid -- a pure indica, preferably harvested later so it has some CBNs in it, rather than being super-THC heavy. CBN's help a lot more in the gut, versus THC.

Good luck!

I, too, know the agony of unhappy intestines, but nowhere near as bad as I'm sure some of your attacks must be...

Two ideas.

1. Indicas -- strong indicas. Nothing works better for my body -- the stronger the better.

2. Eating -- have you tried ingesting cannabis in butter or baked goods? Might be a great way to help prevent an attack, considering you'd be applying your medicine directly to the location where the pain is.

There are receptors for cannabinoids all throughout your GI tract, and the action of cannabis can help to improve motility, reduce swelling, and reduce smooth muscle cramps in the intestines, which can be very very painful indeed.

But ya, indicas, not a hybrid -- a pure indica, preferably harvested later so it has some CBNs in it, rather than being super-THC heavy. CBN's help a lot more in the gut, versus THC.

Good luck!

I typically smoke only indicas... usually the strongest I can find and one of the reasons we started growing. Only time I reach for a sativa is when I have a headache and even then, I usually put it mixed in with something.

You know, edibles haven't worked the greatest for me, but maybe I just need to start making them strong as all getout and try that. I guess that it never really dawned on me that if I was eating the weed, it would actually be sliding through my tract and touching it, applying the meds as it went through - not just going through my body and digesting & having a euphoric effect. I mean, I use creams that are infused and they work awesome. I have even used them directly on my head for a migraine. Why wouldn't eating work? I just need to find the right recipes, so maybe I need to be focusing on some extra time in the kitchen and looking in the recipe area.

TY so much for mentioning that, and being specific for me. You're the best.

I haven't looked at any of these links, found them at another site from Granny Storm Crow's List, all the rest of the links are here for whatever ails you.

CROHN'S/IBS/ULCERATIVE COLITIS

Cannabis-based drugs could offer new hope for inflammatory bowel disease patients

Cannabis may soothe inflamed bowels

In the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing

Crohn's Patients Report Symptomatic Relief From Cannabis

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease

Endocannabinoids and the gastrointestinal tract: what are the key questions?

MARIJUANA AND IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS) (anecdotal)

Marijuana and Crohn's Disease (anecdotal)

Mayo Study: Marijuana's THC Reduces Stomach Cramping

Anti-inflammatory compound from cannabis found in herbs

Cannabidiol, extracted from Cannabis sativa, selectively inhibits inflammatory hypermotility in mice.

Cannabinoids and gastrointestinal motility: animal and human studies.

Hope you all get to feeling better, nobody should be forced to take medicine that doesn't work and be prevented from seeking something that does work and creates no harm to anyone, even the user, except through prohibition. Makes me sick. May someone find this info. useful.

Peace...:peace:

Nice links Toasty. I wish AZ had legal medicinal mj.

I typically smoke only indicas... usually the strongest I can find and one of the reasons we started growing. Only time I reach for a sativa is when I have a headache and even then, I usually put it mixed in with something.

You know, edibles haven't worked the greatest for me, but maybe I just need to start making them strong as all getout and try that. I guess that it never really dawned on me that if I was eating the weed, it would actually be sliding through my tract and touching it, applying the meds as it went through - not just going through my body and digesting & having a euphoric effect. I mean, I use creams that are infused and they work awesome. I have even used them directly on my head for a migraine. Why wouldn't eating work? I just need to find the right recipes, so maybe I need to be focusing on some extra time in the kitchen and looking in the recipe area.

TY so much for mentioning that, and being specific for me. You're the best.
I believe to get the most benefit of this wonderful plant, we need to injest it as well.

I make a propylene glycol tincture in a 1 ounce bottle with 1/2 to 1 gram of hash that lasts me 2 to 4 days. I take sprays or droppers of it through out the day and it tastes great and I'm able to deliver it sublingually as well as mix it with food or drink. I know of cancer patients who take up to 1 gram of hash oil for treatment in one day each day.

One of my friends had this to say about the oil and I can agree that the tincture I use has the same effects.

"Ask my caregiver ... every one of his patients, that he has turned on to the oil, love it! It's not about a head buzz w/the oil, though it can damn near be psychedelic in effect if you get too much ... and that's what kind of confuses people. They expect to get stoned to get relief. And it just does so MUCH! MS? Diabetes? High blood pressure? Need to lose or gain weight? Can't sleep? Pain? Cancer? Depression? Anxiety? Oh yeah ... works on all that!"

Let me know if you're interested in the recipe or just do a search on cannabis tincture recipes. Hope you all get to feeling better.

Nice links Toasty. I wish AZ had legal medicinal mj.
Me too, can't wait for it to be legal period acrossed the world. Go Cali, all eyes will be on them come November.:bravo:

Peace...:smokin:

I have suffered from IBS my whole life.. I have passed out from the pain while waiting for a low altitude bombing run...

One thing that I have found that really helps me, is when I cramp up but nothing happens.. I drink as much water as fast as I can ( big glass ).. In a couple mins ( instead of up to an hour of angry bees stinging my gut ) my gut unlocks, the poo gods smile on me and the pain and cramps goes away.

My guess is that your bowls see that extra H20 ( thats it's job) and gets things moving by pumping that water in to help flush it out.

Please try this and let me know if it helps at all.

Hemp milk helps with IBS and IBDs. Many IBD pts have lactose intolerance on top of all the other discomforts.The hemp milk calms what guts I have left down. I had a total colectomy last year because of Diverticular Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. I still take meds,and see my gastro Dr.,but he is not a believer in MMJ. So I don't even mention it. Sungoddess if your attacks are getting worse,you need to see the Dr.Hope this helps you.

Back
Top Bottom