Something to make me have an appetite

sungoddess

I've been losing weight a lot... when I first started smoking I would inhale food like there was no tomorrow. Now I don't. I can control my nausea and vomiting by smoking, but creating an appetite is like some magic trick that I can't come up with. Can you help me?

I feel like I'm trying to force feed myself. I can't really smoke a lot of straight sativas & I know that's what I need to get myself the munchies, but those increase my heart rate (heart issues). I can mix them with my indicas though. If you know of something fantastic that will give me a desire to eat, I'll be ever so grateful. All I want is to WANT to eat so that I can maintain a weight. I'm actually getting to the point where I'm gonna start freaking out if I lose anymore weight. A couple years ago I'd be jumping from the rooftops b/c I'm doing nothing & I'm losing weight... but now I'm like "Woah... STOP!!" lol It's different when you're sick. I never understood that before when I wanted to lose the weight.

have you tried making cannabutter and using the concentrated butter to make some cookies or something that will give you a stronger appetite stimulation from the thc?

just a suggestion. I know that when I ate one and one half choc cookie made with cannabutter I was starvin about an hour later. That cookie was super strong though. I probably couldve eaten half and been good. I have stomach probs too btw.

I also really watch my eating habits as weight (keeping it on) is really hard. I have some easy to make and easy to drink smoothie recipies if you are interested. It is like a meal in itself because of the supplements I use. It helps. Let me know.

have you tried making cannabutter and using the concentrated butter to make some cookies or something that will give you a stronger appetite stimulation from the thc?

just a suggestion. I know that when I ate one and one half choc cookie made with cannabutter I was starvin about an hour later. That cookie was super strong though. I probably couldve eaten half and been good. I have stomach probs too btw.

Maybe I'll try making some this weekend. I can control the nausea with smoking, so if I can get the butter made & make a batch of cookies and get one down, that would be great if I found myself digging in the kitchen later.

Thanks for the idea. I'll let you know how it turns out.

good luck

I have been dealing with this for over 10 years and found marijuana the only relief. They have done ALL THE TESTS they can.

I was told by my doctor that the FDA currently has NO DRUG that can be prescribed for increasing appetite.

Finding a strain that works good for you and sticking with it is the best advice I can give as I am new to Colorado and just now finding out what works best for me. Keep an open mind, some strong indicas may give you more munchies than you think. One you may like if you can find it is GRAVITY, originally created by Neville back in the day. You can buy a hybrid called ZERO GRAVITY that is similar, although I have not tried the ZERO GRAV's. :goodluck:

I had a total colectomy last year at Cleveland Clinic. After 5 days of no appetite they gave me Marinol. The surgeon was aware of my MMJ status in my state. It did give me an appetite while I was there. The Indicas seem to work better for me,and eating brownies with 1 gram of bud each makes me hungry. If eating and swallowing is tough for you,break it up into little pieces and wash it down with a little water. Smoking or vaping doesn't always make me eat but injesting does. I also found that smelling the Rick Simpson oil will stop my nausea. Guess it's kinda like aroma therapy. Sounds dumb but I swear it works. The nausea wakes me up at night,I reach for my little bottle and dab a couple drops under my nose. Works everytime. And the best part is that I have been able to cut in half one of my RXs for nausea and vomiting.

I think I'm going to have to try the Rick Simpson oil. I had my gallbladder removed years ago and have been developing digestive issues over the years. I have not been able to eat without mmj for almost two years now. Tests and more tests and no conclusive answer to what the problem is. I did learn that I should have been on a special diet after surgery coupled with special meds and had neither. Remedied that with a few good strains in the garden. :)

I was told by my doctor that the FDA currently has NO DRUG that can be prescribed for increasing appetite.

Not true, Zyprexa will make you eat like a monster, I gained sixty pounds in like seven months on that shit, it can also cause diabetes so when I got tested I drank a sugary coffee and they took me off of it!

Being in a similar situation you may find the most improvement, as I did, in changing your dietary and exercise habits. The people that deal with this sort of thing the most are bodybuilders rather than smokers. As an athlete, I highly recommend reading through fitness and athletic forums to find the biggest array of information relating to appetite problems.

I'm sorry if I somehow did this wrong, This is my first time seeking some sort of help on the Internet! I have been recently diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and have only had an appitite after smoking! To top it off I have depression, emphaseima, asthma and bronchitis! Everybody around me look at me as if I shouldn't be in any pain or that I'm faking! :( I can't even bend over with the ammount of pain that I'm in! I lost my job because of the pain disabling my performance! Now that I'm unemployed I'm depressed and don't know what to do! The last I spoke to the doctor was when he diagnosed me! I need some input on what I can do to get back to work so I can afford my mmj as well as my asthma inhalers! Nobody wants to hire me due to my conditions! I just don't know what to do anymore! :'(

Back
Top Bottom