Strain recommendation

SteveTheTrout

Hi - I have chronic nausea and various GI upsets from a horrible case of food poisoning 6 years ago (diagnosed as "post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome" that probably will never go away), and now that MMJ is legal here in Maine, I'm in the process of medicating myself legally (just waiting for the card to arrive in the mail).

In the meantime, I'm researching strains that are exceptionally good for alleviating nausea and stimulating appetite. My dispensary carries the following strains:

Vortex
Train-wreck
Stella berry
Super silver haze
Sour Diesel
Super lemon haze
Rock lock
Pineapple express
Master Kush
Himalayan gold
Great white shark
Durbin Poison
Cheese
Blueberry
Bubba Kush
Bubble gum
AK-47

I saw reviews for about half of these strains on the MMJ strain review forum here, but none seemed to be recommended specifically for GI issues.

In anybody here knowledgeable enough about the strains listed above to recommend a strain or two that I should try first? Or perhaps a strain not listed above that I should see if my dispensary could grow specifically for me?

Thanks a lot -

Steve

Hi LoadedToad - thanks for the information. I've started with small samples of Himalayan Gold and Bubble Gum - the HG seems to work OK but not fantastic for me, and the Bubble Gum not so much. StellaBerry will be next on my list to try, as the dispensary just got some of that in stock. I was a casual smoker for years before turning to it for medicinal purposes, and I'm amazed at how many strains are available and that (apparently) there are real differences among them. I never knew what I was getting, buying it off the street, but the quality and effects did vary, but it was nothing I could predict beforehand. Now that I'm starting to get more and more info, I can work on finding specific strains suited to me, and so far, this forum has been my best source of information!

Well, it's comforting to know that there are others like me (even though I wouldn't wish my condition on anybody else) in that I know that I'm not alone or a hypochondriac! Do you mind if I ask what your condition is caused by?

Wow - that sounds terrible - I can certainly sympathize and empathize with you. Mine has only gone on for 6 years (I'm 35 now), and I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering for virtually all your life. I'm glad to hear that MMJ works for you - it's about all the works for me too, but just not with 100% reliability.

Yes, I'm sure anxiety plays a big role for me - my GI condition causes much of the anxiety in itself, but add any other anxiety on top of it and it makes it worse.

Let me know how your experimenting with different strains goes, and I'll do the same. Good luck!

yes i would also like to no good strains for horrible gi/bowel,internal bleeding ulcerated hemrhoids due to paralyzed since 1985,16 im now 41.i no how bad gi problems r there horrible,not to mention my back legs,i cant move my back or legs due to metal rods everywhere.so ur info would b much appr. ty vm

Hi Deadhead - so far, in my limited experience, I've found that Sour Diesel works best as far as settling my stomach and giving me an appetite, and Great White Shark and Himalayan Gold work pretty well. I just tried some Vortex and I'm not sure yet. Bubble Gum and Stellaberry didn't seem to work quite as well for me - which was different from what Toad said in his reply. I'd recommend getting a little bit of as many strains as you can find and trying each for, say, a week and see what happens. I'd guess that there's so much variability among people that there's no way to predict how a certain strain will affect a certain person, so trial and error is probably the best way to start. Good luck, and I hope you can find some relief
Steve

Wow - that sounds terrible - I can certainly sympathize and empathize with you. Mine has only gone on for 6 years (I'm 35 now), and I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering for virtually all your life. I'm glad to hear that MMJ works for you - it's about all the works for me too, but just not with 100% reliability.

Yes, I'm sure anxiety plays a big role for me - my GI condition causes much of the anxiety in itself, but add any other anxiety on top of it and it makes it worse.

Let me know how your experimenting with different strains goes, and I'll do the same. Good luck!
will do.like said monday doin sour d,8 ball kush,burmese kush.cole train,nebula,acid and if i got the room my freebies wappa,dna rocklock.but live in apartment and u really got to keep track of when insp. r.and get down and done,ya no.but ty vm for ur care about my pain and contacting me.i no gi probs bite balls.hope u will find ur perfect strain to.will let ya no in 3 months how those stains im doing work for the gi.white widow was excellent for my relaxing,didnt like big bang,wasnt horrible just not my cup of tea.hercules was nice,but i heard people say it sucked but i think they were new at it.mine is wow,very cerebal fast intense high.but no gi or munchie relief,a little.ttyl troutman.ty

Ya definetly the Sour D will be good and I would recommend the Cheese as well. A personal favorite of mine. I have stomach issues too (chrons disease) and the cheese does wonders.

Thats cool,i got 2 goin just poppin up.what about bk/burmese kush,8 ball kush,cole train.did u ever try any of these there just a poppin too.

Wow thanks for the info guys. I too have stomach issues going on and my bf has Crohns. I will add your suggestions to my wish list.

I would recommend pure afghani if you can get it. It will relax your muscles and charm your anxiety. You can make some good hash with it which would be even better. I see your list is mostly sativa and haze strain. Indicas with it's high CDB's would be a better medication for you.

Good luck,
Flip

Back
Top Bottom