Chronic Nausea Non-Smoker

GenYHippie

Doesn't seem this board gets much use but i'll post anyway :). Currently im 7 years into chronic digestive issues mainly nausea and vomiting. Been physically disabled by it since 2009, perscriptions, OTC, and supplements don't control it worth a darn so I figured it was time to try MJ.

It has been recommended many times over the years but id finally had enough of a body that wont work and doctors who don't care enough to try. On the advice of another MM user I gave it a try yesterday and im realy not sure what to think.

He takes his in muffin form so I stirred 1/8th tsp ground into the top of each muffin. I had a half waited an hour felt nothing, then about another 30 - 45 minutes later all I felt was throbbing dizziness. I have dizziness issues anyway so im not sure if it was the MJ or just a bad inner ear day.

I have numerous food allergies including dairy and gluten so buying edibles is nearly a no go. Anyone have recommendations for a non-smoker/vaper to make an easy edible for a first timer?

TIA <3

Tinctures, dosing sublingually. You don't have to smoke or vape... It kicks in quicker, and it's your only option if your to sick or nauseated to eat.

If it's good enough quality it barely takes any.. 1-5 ml at most. Some people get uppity about tinctures containing alcohol.. But as long as you take it properly it is negligible. You won't ever feel the alcohol.

If it's a big deal then use PG or glycerol. I've never heard that those were better, but it's your next option for tinctures.

When your nausea is taken care of, make your own edibles! It cooks into fats... I've heard olive oil isn't the best to use, something about how it metabolizes.. But small amounts cook faster than the large batches most people make... I like making bacon and cabbage... Cover the taste very easily!

Hope this is helpful, where you are finding tinctures or hash to make your own should be easy :thumb:

Small dab of Cannabis Concentrated Oil will take care of not only nausea but what ever else ails you dosing on the gums properly has no euphoria and will provide excellent health, preventive maintenance and a feeling of 'well being' that is second to none. Peace

Tinctures, dosing sublingually. You don't have to smoke or vape... It kicks in quicker, and it's your only option if your to sick or nauseated to eat.

If it's good enough quality it barely takes any.. 1-5 ml at most. Some people get uppity about tinctures containing alcohol.. But as long as you take it properly it is negligible. You won't ever feel the alcohol.

If it's a big deal then use PG or glycerol. I've never heard that those were better, but it's your next option for tinctures.

When your nausea is taken care of, make your own edibles! It cooks into fats... I've heard olive oil isn't the best to use, something about how it metabolizes.. But small amounts cook faster than the large batches most people make... I like making bacon and cabbage... Cover the taste very easily!

Hope this is helpful, where you are finding tinctures or hash to make your own should be easy :thumb:

Thank you THsea (love the name BTW :D ) I have started looking into cheap vape pens to see if my lungs can take it but I don't want it to be my main dosing method. My only issue with the alcohol tinctures is that they tend to irritate my stomach and cause salivating which make me vomit :(. Plus I am very gluten sensitive and they often aren't gluten free. I get mouth ulcers when I have contact with gluten :( no fun. Good to know tincture is a good option for me :).

I have already invested in a mini crockpot for infusing coconut or other oils for future edibles :D. I love the idea I can get a longer lasting dose that way and its discrete. Thank you so much for the help and encouragement :thanks:

Small dab of Cannabis Concentrated Oil will take care of not only nausea but what ever else ails you dosing on the gums properly has no euphoria and will provide excellent health, preventive maintenance and a feeling of 'well being' that is second to none. Peace

Hi Motoco! Oh wow never heard of rubbing on the gums before (well not for cannabis anyway ;) ) I will ask the dispensary when I call about the tiniture if they have one they recommend. :thanks:

The Concentrated Cannabis Oil would be like the RSO (Rick Simpsons Oil) Hash Oil or Honey Oil. CO2, Wax, Shattered Glass and the likes do not work on the gums and doesn't dissolve well but are great for smoking. GL

Ok went out on a spree today and got a good amount of bud and such so I thought is update with the new additions -

Indica -
1g Big Bud Shake (for my salve stash)
1g Purple Kush
1g Blackberry Kush
1g Ghost OG
1g Tahoe OG
3.1 Platinum Bubba
3.6 Big Bud

Hybrid -
1g Sweet Lady (was in the clearance bin who can resist for $1 they sai it was harvested early so it was weak)
3.6g Cherry Pie
2g GSC
2g Berry Kush

Sativa -
1g Sour Diesel

Edibles -
Day Dreamers Chocolate Bar Indica per serving 180 THC 5mg CBD 10mg CBN
Day Dreamers Chocolate Bar High CBD 90mg THC 90mg CBD 5mg CBN

Hopefully somewhere in there there is some more relief. Thus far my favorite of my existing stash has been Querkle for PM, AM im still working on but if I can get past the weird eye feel (like fishing weights rolling around the back of my sockets) of Hawaiian Mango its a good daytime contender. GDP and Cannatonic were far to potent for me, Blue Maui (aka Elvis) was too racy for my heart and didn't help the nausea as much as other strains. I like Jack Herer but its on the racy side so I cant use it often but I am thinking about adding some to querkle see how that goes.

Tried my 4.20 sea salt chocolate the other night. I slept through the height of it (which was my intention) and got a fairly solid nights sleep and my stomach was as bad the next morning. That's about the extent of my experimenting thus far. Soon I want to try RSO and a indica tincture.

Back
Top Bottom