How to get into the Marijuana Business?

HalloweenGod8

Hello I just would like someone to point me in the right direction about getting into the legal marijuana business. Here is my position. Father died 11 years ago and in a few months I will have full access to my trust, I graduated college and have spent a long time looking for work and not finding it. I have been keeping up with the changes in the law about marijuana and think its a great oppertunity. I know enough about growing but I would like to learn about the business/legal aspects of it cause I know its not as simple as moving to CA or CO and just growing it. Or is it? Well as you can see I don't know. If someone could give me a link or a forum with some info that would be cool or if you yourself do it I would love to ask you some questions. Thanks!

You just have to pick a state and read the laws. Every state is different. I think one of the things you'll be seeing in the coming years is a booming business in the supply of materials for growing and dvd's and books. A good hydro store will always be in demand.

A really great way to learn, if you are in a legal state, is to hop into a coop and volunteer. There's no better way, IMHO, to learn than to dive in and do. The best way for me to learn is to do things hands on. Most coops are run by their members and would be very pleased to have you there to help.

If in California, consider a trip to Oaksterdam Univ....all you ever wanted to know about the business and personal side of the MMJ business and also growing.

The dispensaries/collectives in FAR northern California are a bit more "tight lipped" about giving advice or letting you volunteer to help - scared you'll be their next competition. Most shop workers are close friends/family of the owners...least here. YMMV.

Good Luck.... :peace:

Hello I just would like someone to point me in the right direction about getting into the legal marijuana business. Here is my position. Father died 11 years ago and in a few months I will have full access to my trust, I graduated college and have spent a long time looking for work and not finding it. I have been keeping up with the changes in the law about marijuana and think its a great oppertunity. I know enough about growing but I would like to learn about the business/legal aspects of it cause I know its not as simple as moving to CA or CO and just growing it. Or is it? Well as you can see I don't know. If someone could give me a link or a forum with some info that would be cool or if you yourself do it I would love to ask you some questions. Thanks!

I have been wanting to do just that lately myself. I have recently been volunteering with my Local NORML chapter, and have several ideas that just need a little help getting off the ground(initial startup funding). If interested let me know.

Back
Top Bottom