Exactly Why Marijuana Should Be Legal

TheOldGuy

The whole red circles are pro-marijuana sites. the half circle is PBS.com, which was quite unbiased. the rest are anti BS trying to persuade teens not to smoke. i'll have you know that not a single pro-marijuana site on the list encouraged kids to smoke. maybe its time we lets people make their own decision?

actually, i kind've missed my own point, which was that the marijuana culture is an established culture in this country. It's obvious that more people want it to be legal than want it to be illegal. a lot of people don't care either way, so they often times vote no because they are being told by the government (who makes the polls to begin with) that weed is bad.

imagine if during an election for moderator, I said before it that i think rasta.john sucks and listed all these bogus reasons why he wouldn't be a good mod. he'd probably lose pretty dramatically.

lol. That is true....they need a established, un biased, respected frm both sides group to do some serious statistics n polling and just hand out hte information. Like a group that the goverment respected them.

yeea

If I have ever put forth taxes for the drug war, I want that money back being as the drug war obviously hasn't done and isn't doing shit. Lets all demand our money back from those theiving bastards!

Besides, I'm an advocate of direct action, which is basically, "shutup and do something about it."

The drug war in america is a complete joke. If they were actually doing a good job enforcing drug law, then drugs would be extremely hard to find. But I remember in high school I could talk to about 10 people in 10 minutes who could hook us up with weed. We couldn't even get alcohol or cigarettes that easy. Why risk cops lives to raid marijuana farms who are producing it for non-violent smokers.

Even people who are against marijuana have no reason to be against legalization with the following facts. In amsterdam(where the govt regulates marijuana) kids have a 20% chance of trying pot while in america it is 38%(abc special report go to www.pot-tv.com to see it).
Despite an increase of spending of 120% since 1990 marijuana use has increased 20%(justice policy institute reasearch called eficacy of marijuana laws)And the JPI came to the cunclusion marijuana laws have virtually no effect on its use.Last yr 755,000 pot smokers where arrested for marijuna related charges(www.norml.org) which is more then ALL violent crimes combined. Also in states such where marijuana laws are harshest hard drug use is higher(forgot where that is from ignore it if you dont trust me lol). Every year we spend 5.5-7.7 billion dollers on combating marijuana while the black market income of canadas black market for weed(couldnt find number on US) is 20billion dollers. Lets review, higher child usage with prohibition,tied up police resources arresting non-violent ineffective laws and a severe waste of money with the soul intent on diminishing freedom of choice & liberty.

The crappy thing about legitimate information coming from sites like NORML and the like is that because they are for the legalization of marijuana most unbiased people look at them and assume they are just fulfilling a stereotype of stoners and vote the other way. What we need is a lot of non users pointing out these issues and helping people understand the advantages in comparison to tobacco and alcohol. I honestly thing the legalization in Denver is a HUGE step in the right direction. Think about it, if a city like Denver, a really well known city in my opinion, legalizes marijuana it sets the example for other cities. Baby steps is the only way marijuana is gonna be legalized.

The crappy thing about legitimate information coming from sites like NORML and the like is that because they are for the legalization of marijuana most unbiased people look at them and assume they are just fulfilling a stereotype of stoners and vote the other way. What we need is a lot of non users pointing out these issues and helping people understand the advantages in comparison to tobacco and alcohol. I honestly thing the legalization in Denver is a HUGE step in the right direction. Think about it, if a city like Denver, a really well known city in my opinion, legalizes marijuana it sets the example for other cities. Baby steps is the only way marijuana is gonna be legalized.

I agree completly, whenever you meet a dick whos against marijuana politely ask why they have a problem with it & then correct their prejudices so the cannibis culture can slowly but surely get the respect they deserve. As for the HUGE step in denver being a good thing anti marijuana legislators are making a huge step against marijuana with san diego filing a federal suit againt the state of cali. The supreme court ruling on this case could me monstrous.

happytoker said:
... anti marijuana legislators are making a huge step against marijuana with san diego filing a federal suit againt the state of cali. The supreme court ruling on this case could me monstrous.
I hadn't heard about that. Seems like theres a lot of things that could affect the future of marijuana going on right now

I hadn't heard about that. Seems like theres a lot of things that could affect the future of marijuana going on right now

Yup, And whats sad is how significant marijuana & other prohibition laws are to this country but our media hardly covers it because of the contreversy over it. Albert einstien said "Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population." In 1993 the US surgeon general was forced to resign because she stated legalization should be DISCUSSED!!! I love how the "freest country" has so much limitations & taboos.

I remember when i first started smoking i could get weed easier then lighters, no joke id have a problem of having weed without lighters lol. & i remember posting it on this site but illl say why our POLOTICIANS waste our COPS lives(cuz thats how moraly strong they our....). It was first made illegal for rascist reasons(the same as opiots) because according to our gove there were to many mexicans coming in our country so they outlawed it. I remember seeing a qoute from some polotician from a link on this site saying,to the effect of "marijuana is the worste sort of drug whose main use consits of negoes,hispanics & the jazz community ....... (i remember this one vividly) It makes white women seek sexual relations with negroe men" ok, so it was founded on rascism. The reasons why our govt is so opposed to it is because the #1 money making industry is against it.prescription drug companies. 90% of the sponsorship for a drug free america is pharmacuetical companies.Now why would they hate weed? because if everyone could grow such a spectaculer miracle drug why would they make money? So these companies are donating shit tons of money to political parties & these parties are doing their best to keep their main source of income constantly flowing money to them. Which utlimitly shows how america is no longer for the people which our forfathers fought for. Its social(fuck i cant think of the word lol, like going back....) its becoming a social hierachy all over again where the rich get alot more say.

All this anti marijuana talk reminds me of "THE BLUNT TRUTH". Even today anti marijuana ads seem to over do it a bit

Okay

Well Here's The Scenario,
Your at a concert,
Half of the crowd is drinking alcohol.
The other half, Is smoking pot.
The people who are drinking are in the mosh pits,
Beating the shit out of one another,

And the ones smoking pot,
Are kicked back,

Enjoying the music...

And getting along...
Marijuana Is Natural.
&& Completely harmless.

And the fact that it's natural,
Means that anyone && everyone can grow it.

But our government doesn't want it to be legal,
Because they can't tax it.

And because Marijuana mellow's you out.

It gives you inspiration.

It brakes all the mental walls in your head,

From when you were a child, Or ect.

It's Enough to get you to relax,

And really think rationally.

&& Of course they wouldn't want something like that.

Because then, your stronger....

&& So many of us, Together.... could take them out. hm.

Did any one follow me through that one?

xoxoxo

Back
Top Bottom