What are the prices for legal in Colorado?

Papasmoke1127

Just curious if anyone has been to or lives in Colorado and knows what the prices are for recreational. Also if you are only allowed to buy bud, can you get edibles or seeds if you are from out of state?

Re: What's the prices for legal in Colorado?

Just curious if anyone has been to or lives in Colorado and knows what the prices are for recreational. Also if you are only allowed to buy bud, can you get edibles or seeds if you are from out of state?

Recreational marijuana is now legal to buy in Colorado, and it's not cheap. But pot smokers who waited in five-hour long lines weren't necessarily looking for a deal on Green Wednesday.

"Our most expensive strains sold the quickest," said Toni Fox, proprietor of Denver's 3D Cannabis Center, to The Huffington Post. "We're closing Monday and Tuesday next week to reassess after the large volume of sales we are seeing."

The Huffington Post spoke with owners at many of the roughly 30 dispensaries that sold legal weed on New Year's Day, and they all said the same thing: an eighth of an ounce of marijuana, which would have normally sold for as low as $25, was fetching anywhere between $35 to $70, after taxes.

The proprietor of Denver-based Medicine Man revealed to The Denver Post that, after taxes, the shop was selling an eighth for about $64, and although The Associated Press found at least one shop selling the same amount for as much as $70, Marijuana.com found that the average price right now is approximately $65.

So which strains were the most popular? All of them, according to dispensary owners throughout the state. But many also said their own custom and award-winning strains were big sellers as well.

Many shops raised prices or enforced a purchasing cap of one eighth-ounce in order to mitigate against a possible marijuana shortage.

Prices were also increased by the new 25 percent tax -- 15 percent excise and 10 percent sales -- on all marijuana purchases in the state that voters approved in November, along with any other local jurisdictional taxes on top of that. Marijuana sales are expected to generate nearly $70 million in tax revenue for Colorado in 2014.

But some dispensary owners, like 3D's Fox, chose to absorb the cost of excise tax in order to keep marijuana prices competitive. Fox told HuffPost that her most expensive eighths sold for approximately $50 after taxes.

The state projects nearly $600 million in retail and wholesale marijuana sales annually.

Colorado is the first, and for now, the only state in the U.S. adults 21-and-over can buy marijuana legally. Dispensaries in Washington state, where voters also approved recreational marijuana sales in 2012, aren't expected to open until later in 2014.

Source: Here's How Much It Costs To Buy Weed In Colorado Now

I appreciate it I read the same article was just hoping to have first hand experience.

The prices quoted reflect fracebroke postings I've seen from friends. A little over street prices with the additional taxes is what it looks like. I bet prices go down to street prices when the new wears off.

Some of the prices here are nuts. I know people who payed $60 - $80 an 1/8th for top shelf. I'll just stick to legal growing......it's cheaper.

Hey Papa, New on the block from Colorado. Recreational is going for about $425/oz., which is about $200 more than medicinal. With all of the taxes and fees, legalization of recreational herb is not going to put even the smallest dent in the underground market here.
Any 420 related products like edibles and seeds can be purchased, but you can't take it across state lines, and airports here now have amnesty bins to dispose of anything you may be thinking of taking on the plane....what a waste!

Newspaper report today said prices have gone up from $3000 a pound to $6000 with recreational demands now.

420fang... you are not the only one. If Chaotic had some meds right now he'd be in bed sleeping with his beautiful fiancé. Peace and Love
Chaotic

Leaving colorado soon. Had a great time smoked lots of tree and bought some legal pretty cheap. Got some in the springs from a place called lazy lion for 38$ an 1/8th. The underground market is nice 10$ a gram for some dro! Im ready to move for sure smokin while hittin the slopes legally sure was awesome

$10 a gram is just about right... the underground market needs to go down to $5 a gram... with recreational being $10-12 for top shelf

If this doesn't happen, then you will see a local "Weed Mart" come into EVERY town and DESTROY all competition, legal or not. stop sitting on it and start being the "better man" or you will sit on it forever my friend. The days of $20 a gram are all over. I know at least 6 people that are starting their own "op" this tax season. I visited my "KB" connect just a couple weeks ago, he acted like he was ready to put a bullet in his brain because he can no longer "get his for free". I'm now getting mine from a friend that grows, in 9 months NEVER AGAIN will I pay more than $2-3 per gram. I live in an illegal state by the way and prices are plummeting down. It's beautiful really. :)

I was in Colorado about a week and a half ago and prices were awful lol. I was paying anywhere from $20-$35 a gram for bud. The edibles were expensive and not potent enough for me. The dispensary that had the most strains, 20+, was the most expensive. Selling grams for $35. Ridiculous!!!!! Edibles were around $20. I think the pre rolled joints are the way to go. They have more than a gram of bud and they sell for about $15 where I went. FYI I went to 6 different shops from 4 cities.

The current prices for recreational cannabis are supply/demand based and will go down once more stores open up. The original demand was overwhelming for many of the stores which opened on 1/1/14 and shortages and/or outages were not uncommon. This is the standard model by which a new product is introduced into the market. Demand is very high in beginning, supplies can run low but after the hoopla settles down, the market stabilizes over time. I wouldn't be surprised to see prices stabilize around $30-35 for an 1/8, about $5-10 over current medical marijuana prices, by the middle of this year when the number of stores increases significantly.

FYI, I just bought an ounce of cannabis for $136, including taxes, the lowest I've paid so far. The price has definitely come down significantly since the beginning of cannabis sales nearly 3 years ago.

Must be nice lol Can't buy more than a 1/4 here yet a day if you Rec (Medical has different rules on everything), after tax prices for 1/4oz go $55-90 depending on Dispensary and Quality (THC %, strain, etc...). On the street is even more than that price you quoting for there for a oz, if you looking for halfway decent stuff anyway (Medical oz goes $150-300 and it isn't taxed at Dispensary).

Forgot to add that this ounce had a THC concentration of 22-23%. Some of the lower THC percentages were higher in cost, definitely a supply/demand situation.

Prices I quoted were up to 30% (actually seen a couple over 30, but THC content isn't only thing to base quality on), but majority around is low teens to mid twenties % THC. But I have a feeling legal supply (quite a few big "licensed grows" in the State) will outdo demand and the prices will adjust to the market here after awhile, it hasn't been legal here to buy for very long yet as compared to CO.

Back
Top Bottom