Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update: S.C. School raided over Marijuana

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Jack
    Racism, Racism, Racism, how much it is brought up in this board, and made a big deal over. Maybe if everyone would quit bitching about it it would go away.
    Back in the day when slaves were common....Did everyone quit thier bitching about the problem, and just carry on with thier own lives....OR did someone bitch about it, and end up freeing them???...

Post Thanks / Like
    i know that. i'm way ahead of you on this one.

think about it just like playing with that baby toy.

lets look at the possibilities for both sides of the issue:

1) White guy is for AA
    2) White guy is against AA
    3) ????? guy is against AA
    4) Black guy is for AA

1. Helpful for AA
    2. Racist
    3. Helpful against AA
    4. Racist

What could 3 be? hmmm....

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now in america I think its safe to say blacks have more rights than whites do. When they were slaves, we had more rights than them, obviously. So what are whites gonna do now? Are you gonna bitch and bitch untill everyone gets pissed and you slam blacks back into the shakles and whip them and make them run around naked? We might, but if we do, you know whats gonna happen? They are gonna have a revolt and there will be a Martin Luther King Jr Jr. and its gonna be an on going cycle and racism will never ever go away unless we all just forget about it and accept that we are all one race... human

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now in america I think its safe to say blacks have more rights than whites do. When they were slaves, we had more rights than them, obviously. So what are whites gonna do now? Are you gonna bitch and bitch untill everyone gets pissed and you slam blacks back into the shakles and whip them and make them run around naked? We might, but if we do, you know whats gonna happen? They are gonna have a revolt and there will be a Martin Luther King Jr Jr. and its gonna be an on going cycle and racism will never ever go away unless we all just forget about it and accept that we are all one race... human
    Apparently you don't quite know what affirmative action is

[Edit] and thus have no friggin clue what the topic of conversation is.

[Edit 2] youre talking about shackles n shit. where the hell did that come from?
    Last edited by TheOldGuy; 01-06-2004 at 02:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont want slavery...I just want to be able to go into a university and when I score better than the black people yet they get in and I dont because they were given an extra point because they are black.

Like the motto they follow in Key West..."One Human Family"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh I know plenty, perhaps oldguy, you dont know what youre talking about. Have you ever thought about that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets keep the discussion civil..............

Post Thanks / Like
    The shakles were an over exageration, but you get my point. Whites get more rights than blacks and then blacks are gonna bitch. And visa versa. Forget about it and just say were all human.

Post Thanks / Like
    The shakles were an over exageration, but you get my point. Whites get more rights than blacks and then blacks are gonna bitch. And visa versa. Forget about it and just say were all human.
    Umm, okay man. Let's think for about three minutes, okay?

How are we supposed to just "forget about it" if laws are in place that are keeping tons of white people from getting into good colleges?

Yeah man. you have no friggin clue

Post Thanks / Like
    exactly but what to do when you are so heavily out numbered. Most white people dont care about A.A. and ALL the blacks care about keeping it and the laws are there which makes it real tough to change them.....Was it 3 minutes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KWT4legalizing
    exactly but what to do when you are so heavily out numbered. Most white people dont care about A.A. and ALL the blacks care about keeping it and the laws are there which makes it real tough to change them.....Was it 3 minutes?
    ALL blacks?

lets keep it a little more realistic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KWT4legalizing
    I dont want slavery...I just want to be able to go into a university and when I score better than the black people yet they get in and I dont because they were given an extra point because they are black.

Like the motto they follow in Key West..."One Human Family"
    That is one of the things that bugs me. How people of minorities can get into any postion just by the color of their skin or ethnic backround. Not just college, but employment. Why does this happen? Many reasons can be given, one of which is the schools in minority areas are not funded properly, or contain too many trouble makers for a safe enviroment.....Yes it is a bad thing when u can't learn in a school because of these things....Does this mean somone should have a free ticket for his or her hardships? I am one of those people that do NOT beleive that a persons surroundings are the soul purpose for lack of knowledge. It doesn't matter where u grow up, what matters is your willingness to learn and adapt to overcome those hardships. Just because your friends hate school, or join gangs, or anything else negetive, doesn't mean you are restricted to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detained
    That is one of the things that bugs me. How people of minorities can get into any postion just by the color of their skin or ethnic backround. Not just college, but employment. Why does this happen? Many reasons can be given, one of which is the schools in minority areas are not funded properly, or contain too many trouble makers for a safe enviroment.....Yes it is a bad thing when u can't learn in a school because of these things....Does this mean somone should have a free ticket for his or her hardships? I am one of those people that do NOT beleive that a persons surroundings are the soul purpose for lack of knowledge. It doesn't matter where u grow up, what matters is your willingness to learn and adapt to overcome those hardships. Just because your friends hate school, or join gangs, or anything else negetive, doesn't mean you are restricted to do the same.
    I would like to believe that also, but you have to admit that the environment in which a child grows up plays a large role in the development of that child's personality. Black kids that grow up in better environments (away from violence, illegal trades, and gangs -all related, btw-) tend to do better in life. White kids growing up in shitty areas tend to do poorly in life.

This brings me to an old point of mine (I am very consistant).

AA: not working, right? Why not? Because it attempts to cover-up the problem rather than solving it at its base. In order to get to the base of the problem, you must first estabolish the problem. The problem is that (poor)black(or white) people have a tendancy to do poorly in their lives and end up in gangs and get caught up in violence. So what is the base of that problem? Gangs, right? So let's end gangs. That should do it, right? Logical, but wrong. We've tried it, and it has failed. Gangs survive because they have something to thrive on financially. So where do gangs get their money? *Gasp* Drugs! So let's get rid of drugs, right? Again, logical, but wrong. Drugs survive prohibition because they have buyers (us). So let's get rid of the buyers. Umm... notice a trend here? Yeah, i thought you might have. If you look deeper into the problem, you see that drugs themselves are not the problem. It is the illegal market of those drugs that creates a problem. By legalizing drugs, gangs can't sell them anymore because people can get them legally. If gangs don't have money, they don't exist. If gangs don't exist, then children don't have to grow up around them. If children don't grow up around gangs, they can mature in a healthy, safe, and productive environment. Here we come full circle, and suddenly we don't need AA anymore because the black people are doing it on their own.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen

Vote me for president in 2022
    Last edited by TheOldGuy; 01-06-2004 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, i know gangs have other resources, but seriously, the illegal drug market is huge

Post Thanks / Like
    quote from SHAGGY
    assholes... go find osama or something better with your time
    AINT THAT THE TRUTH

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast