Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98

Thread: Update: S.C. School raided over Marijuana

  1. #31
    420 Member TheOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeymacpot
    AINT THAT THE TRUTH
    Because "ain't" means "is not", the answer is yes. as in:

    Yes, that is not the truth.

    Hunting bin Laden isn't the job of police officers.

    And just for the sake of saying so because I think most of you guys don't care for the news, bin Laden is alive.

  2. #32
    420 Member hOokagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like
    aren't all the other channels besides BET and the spanish channel white entertainment television even though they're not called that?

    and the affirmative action.. im pretty sure that if you score higher than a black person, you will get in the college instead of them. but if your scores are exactly the same, then they will probably choose the black person because they want the college to be more diverse. i dont see anything wrong with bein more diverse.

    Oldguy, i dont think ending gangs would solve everything. I think the real problem is Poverty... and how men leave women to raise children on their own while trying to live off minimum wage which is impossible to do.

    How do you know Osama's alive?

  3. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is affirmative action even around now? I'm pretty sure they declared it unconstitutional pretty recently. I might be wrond but I'm pretty sure I've heard that from a few places.....and yes, it is bullshit, any1 see the original kings of comedy? You see how many whites jokes are made in that. Imagine another movie with white comedians that has as many black jokes, what would these people be called, racists.

  4. #34
    420 Member Key West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hurricane Central
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hOokagirl
    aren't all the other channels besides BET and the spanish channel white entertainment television even though they're not called that?

    and the affirmative action.. im pretty sure that if you score higher than a black person, you will get in the college instead of them. but if your scores are exactly the same, then they will probably choose the black person because they want the college to be more diverse. i dont see anything wrong with bein more diverse.

    Oldguy, i dont think ending gangs would solve everything. I think the real problem is Poverty... and how men leave women to raise children on their own while trying to live off minimum wage which is impossible to do.

    How do you know Osama's alive?
    I dont think all the other channels are white entertainment..There are alot of black TV everywhere you look. AND no one calls it white TV.

    They use a point system at college..if a black person and a white person score exactly the same on the entrance test the black person will get in over the white because they get a 1/2 point and some a full point added to them because they are black (thanks affirmative action). I dont see how its fair to let a black person go to college JUST because he is black. Are you nuts?

  5. #35
    420 Member Key West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hurricane Central
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronic Killing
    Is affirmative action even around now? I'm pretty sure they declared it unconstitutional pretty recently. I might be wrond but I'm pretty sure I've heard that from a few places.....and yes, it is bullshit, any1 see the original kings of comedy? You see how many whites jokes are made in that. Imagine another movie with white comedians that has as many black jokes, what would these people be called, racists.
    They tried to fight it but I believe they lost. I think some things were changed to quiet everyone down but the plan is still there.

  6. #36
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Eastern Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    OG, no shit people arnt just gonna forget about racism, but if they did it wouldnt be a problem (duh).

  7. #37
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rasta.john
    that is true though.. no racist comment here either, but like if we had a White Entertainment Television channel, that excluded blacks and gays... we would get bashed and be considered racist... yet, gays can ahve glaad and blacks have the naacp.. .oh well, im not too worried about it... just wondering.
    first thing im gonna say is im not racist because alot of you think i am.if you think i am fuck you ive told you many times im not.but here in alabama we have all black colleges and if a white person wanted to open a all white one up naacp would be all over there case.that and they build alot of parks and shit for blacks and not whites.yes it was sad that blacks were slaves but thats no reason to have a black history month.blacks just need to realize the past is past and quit thinking whites owe them something.racism is stupid as fuck but the only thing you can do about it is take up for yourself and speak from your heart how you feel about it then hopefully somebody will change there mind how they feel about other races.if i was about to die and a doctor that was black was mexican was able to save my life i would tell them go ahead.its not a white or black thing with me we all bleed red so were all the same

  8. #38
    420 Member TheOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Jack
    OG, no shit people arnt just gonna forget about racism, but if they did it wouldnt be a problem (duh).
    Your plan was to stop taling about it and it will go away in time.. that's like writing somethin down and saying "If I don't read it for a long time, it will erase itself."

    THERE ARE FUCKING LAWS THAT FAVOR MINORITIES. THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. LAWS DO NOT GO AWAY BY US IGNORING THEM.

    What part of that don't you understand?

    Uhh, the part where you don't want to admit that you have no idea what we're all talking about? Yeah, that's the one.

    Geez, you frusterate the hell out of me.

  9. #39
    420 Member TheOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    KingPhilie, it's hard as fuck, isn't it? The only way I could do well when I was growing up in a bad neighborhood was to have no friends. That sucks too. The only black people that were good at school were the nerds (Andre Rice and his brothers) who also had no friends.

  10. #40
    420 Member TheOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hOokagirl
    aren't all the other channels besides BET and the spanish channel white entertainment television even though they're not called that?

    and the affirmative action.. im pretty sure that if you score higher than a black person, you will get in the college instead of them. but if your scores are exactly the same, then they will probably choose the black person because they want the college to be more diverse. i dont see anything wrong with bein more diverse.

    Oldguy, i dont think ending gangs would solve everything. I think the real problem is Poverty... and how men leave women to raise children on their own while trying to live off minimum wage which is impossible to do.

    How do you know Osama's alive?
    Hooka, where do gangs thrive? In areas with severe poverty levels. The two go hand-in-hand.

    About AA: there is nothing wrong with having diversity in schools. The problem I have is how we go about it. Throwing black people into a school and saying, "Okay, all better" doesn't work. It doesn't solve the problem. It just covers it up. Black people need a better opportunity to earn admission to college on their own.

  11. #41
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like
    i grew up in all black neighborhoods and went to all black schools.all you do is show black people that you have heart and your not afraid to get your ass whipped.i had a friend that was like a brother to me and he was black.theres nothing wrong with black neighborhoods as long as your cool with them and show them your not racist.but theres some black neighborhoods ive been to that i wouldnt want to live in because seemed like to much drama there.

  12. #42
    420 Member hOokagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes but if you get rid of gangs there will still be poverty. people in other countries live in poverty and there are no gangs there.

    so are you saying that the black people that go to college didn't earn it? i think they earn it just like white people do.

  13. #43
    420 Member TheOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grim420reefer
    i grew up in all black neighborhoods and went to all black schools.all you do is show black people that you have heart and your not afraid to get your ass whipped.i had a friend that was like a brother to me and he was black.theres nothing wrong with black neighborhoods as long as your cool with them and show them your not racist.but theres some black neighborhoods ive been to that i wouldnt want to live in because seemed like to much drama there.
    Yeah, but this isn't about surviving in a black neighborhood. Black people don't mess with you for no reason. They aren't animals.

    What this is about is the bad correlation between poor neighborhoods and good schools and jobs and how to fix it.

    Nothing you said is wrong, per say. but, I'm missing where it fits into the topic of affirmative action

  14. #44
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon.
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just dont understand how we can still have laws giving blacks a little somthing extra for being slaves when NONE OF THE BLACK PEOPLE ALIVE TODAY HAVE EVER BEEN SLAVES FOR ANY OF THE WHITE PEOPLE ALIVE TODAY !
    I have NEVER enslaved ANYONE ! so i dont feel that i owe ANYTHING to ANYONE.
    some blacks wan reperations(sp) for people in there blood line that they dont even know who have been long dead ?
    if my great great grandpa was a slave i dont think that i should get any money for stuff that happend to him. noone thats alive demanding a check for slavery has ever even been a slave. so anyone who wants one can shove it up there ass.

    if YOU (your self, not some guy you never even knew) have been a slave, then you should get some damn money out of the people that did it to you, if not, dont demand money from people or a govornment that have not done anything to you.

  15. #45
    420 Member TheOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hOokagirl
    yes but if you get rid of gangs there will still be poverty. people in other countries live in poverty and there are no gangs there.

    so are you saying that the black people that go to college didn't earn it? i think they earn it just like white people do.
    If you get rid of gangs, the gang members will have to get REAL JOBS. And if you think other countries don't have gangs, you're ignorant. I don't mean that in an impolite way, but if you look up the definition of ignorant, you'll see what i mean.

    YES i am saying that some of the black people that get into college didn't earn it. it's called "affirmative action" and it the law. Schools and businesses are required by law to maintain a black quota. That means they have to have acertain number of black people in their college no matter what. That also means that if it comes down to two people, a black person and a white person, scores don't matter. As long as the black person's grades meet the minimum requirements, they get in. But it doesn't mean that they earned it as much as the other person did. The other person could have perfect scores and be far above the minimum requirements, but it wouldn't matter at all.

    If you would read and digest the words that have been typed, you'd get it. But you don't, and you force me to come off sounding like an asshole even though I don't want to. Unfortunately, you're not the only one doing this, so my frusteration level is getting kinda high. Sorry for being rude

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast