Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update: S.C. School raided over Marijuana

Post Thanks / Like
    we arent arguing we are "discussing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grim420reefer
    no problem you ARE THE ONLY ONE that wished me happy bday off this site.my friends gave me a cream cheese choc. cake best shit to eat on your bday when your high go out and buy a cake :D
    I saw like 10 posts that had happy B-day Grim.

Post Thanks / Like
    youre right were discussing not arguing my bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hOokagirl
    chill out i get it.. maybe youre not used to people arguing with you on this site...
    What should we do? i dont know.. i agree that there is not much you can do.
    i was also trying to "pinpoint" the problem by saying it was poverty.
    lol actually i do live in an area with a lot of gangs and violence. i know a few people who are in gangs.. they dont just sell drugs.. most of it has to do with violence towards other rival gangs. here, people who sell drugs are hustlers and a lot of them arent in gangs they just want to make some money.
    I'm actually very used to arguing on this site, and many other sites. Although on this site, I don't argue to win, I argue to educate.

Wait, I do that most everywhere...

Well don't take anything I say during these debates personally. I'm glad you participated. You weren't wrong about the poverty issue. I just wanted you to see the bigger picture.

And about the gangs in your area, they dont fight because they dislike eachother. they fight because they are competition against one another. unfortunately TV doesn't show it as "Hey, you stole my coke supplier, I'm gonna shoot you." they show it as, "Motha fucka, you're wearing red! Die!"

Gangs run like businesses. they all have schedules and bosses. They aren't just blind armies serving no purpose.

I hope you understand that, because that is why it is so hard to fight them. They have something to fight for, and when someone has something to fight for, they fight hard.

Thanks for not ripping my head off
    Last edited by TheOldGuy; 01-06-2004 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    nah screw that. if you guys dont think we were arguing, ya'll are blizzind as bizzats. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    lol

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldGuy
    nah screw that. if you guys dont think we were arguing, ya'll are blizzind as bizzats. lol
    looks like you 2 are fluirting to me.hookah is my girl back off lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not arguing. You may be but I can discuss-debate without fighting-arguing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gangs are not souly drug related...this is true that a large majority are, but here it is more about belonging not selling. Gangs will exist as long as hate breeds. The gang members i've known over the years weren't in it for quick cash or any financial gain, BUT this is a smaller town than most of the cities i've lived in, and gang's are low, and not in the open everywhere u look. So many people have spoken so far, i forget who said what, but gangs exist out of fear. The thing keeping them from having a career is the money they can collect through illegal acctivities, and i think it was tholdguy who said legalizing a drug can stop this...to a degree. there will always be the quick illegal buck, and somone will always fear the actions of somone else....thus gangs will stay in existance untill there is nothing to fear from their community. To me gangs are like the government. Formed to protect themselfs from others, but in doing so creating enemies and starting a new cycle of hell.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn is this thread ever gonna end.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it. i'm glad it didn't turn into a u suck thread btw. this is sweet.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detained
    I like it. i'm glad it didn't turn into a u suck thread btw. this is sweet.
    ya i was suprised 2 alot of people do that on threads

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detained
    Gangs are not souly drug related...this is true that a large majority are, but here it is more about belonging not selling. Gangs will exist as long as hate breeds. The gang members i've known over the years weren't in it for quick cash or any financial gain, BUT this is a smaller town than most of the cities i've lived in, and gang's are low, and not in the open everywhere u look. So many people have spoken so far, i forget who said what, but gangs exist out of fear. The thing keeping them from having a career is the money they can collect through illegal acctivities, and i think it was tholdguy who said legalizing a drug can stop this...to a degree. there will always be the quick illegal buck, and somone will always fear the actions of somone else....thus gangs will stay in existance untill there is nothing to fear from their community. To me gangs are like the government. Formed to protect themselfs from others, but in doing so creating enemies and starting a new cycle of hell.
    You're right. There will always be something illegal to sell. Drugs aren't the only trade they are in, but drugs are their #1 source of profit. And again you're right about gangmembers being in it for the quick cash. Your everyday gangster is a soldier. He gets told what to do, and he does it. He doesn't know why, but he doesn't care. If he gets the cop done, he gets his share of the profits. That goes for robbers, murderers, lookouts, drivers, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, another big market is illegal guns. But that would reduce as the need for guns reduced along with the size of the gang

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KWT4legalizing
    I'm not arguing. You may be but I can discuss-debate without fighting-arguing.
    yeah, but it's hard to get into the habbit of saying "debate" instead of "argue"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast