Update: S.C. School raided over Marijuana

Key West

MONCKS CORNER, South Carolina (AP) -- A high school principal announced his resignation Monday after coming under fire over a November drug sweep in which police with guns drawn ordered students to the floor.

"I realized it is in the best interest of Stratford High School and of my students for me to make a change," George McCrackin said in a statement.

School officials asked Goose Creek police to come into the school Nov. 5 after receiving reports of marijuana sales on campus. Police said dogs sniffed drug residue on 12 book bags but found no drugs. No one was arrested.

The raid led to allegations of excessive force and racism, because many of the students were black.

District Superintendent J. Chester Floyd said McCrackin will be reassigned to a still-undetermined position. But he said McCrackin will probably spend the coming weeks preparing for two lawsuits filed by students over the incident.

inhale-exhale said:
You know I'm not racist but it just straight pisses me off. It seems liek whenever a black man gets pulled over for routine traffic stops or whatever similair the claim they were profiled because of their race. Same goes for this case. They would have done the same thing if it was a school full of white kids.

probably....But from what I understood they targeted the blacks. Pulled guns on them and made them lay on the floor. Pretty harsh by any standards. I am just glad that the students and parents are doing something about it.

that is true though.. no racist comment here either, but like if we had a White Entertainment Television channel, that excluded blacks and gays... we would get bashed and be considered racist... yet, gays can ahve glaad and blacks have the naacp.. .oh well, im not too worried about it... just wondering.

I think its called reverse racism..........When the blacks have those things (naacp, BET, afirmative action) and if a white person says something about it then they are racist. Its all BS.

Yes it is, but nothing can be done. Its a brick wall of hate. Yes...hate. When u make ur own corner of society, aimed at one culture or way of life it is segregation. True white people watch BET, but why have a station named black entertainment television?!? Just because most of the shows, mayby all, are geared toward blacks, doesn't mean u should name it that. And yes KWT it is reverse rasism. It shouldn't be, but nothing can be done. I only have a problem with that stations name, not it's programming.

And the school business....the drawn gun's was overboard, but we weren't there and have no idea what happened. As far as racist claims....was it an all black school, or did they pick only black students?

It was a mostly white populated school. The race card was drawn because the hallway that was chosen for the raid was the hallway where most of the black kids hung out.

ahh. thanks for the update, and the nothing can be done bullshit u were talking about....what can u or i do to show that there is still rasism happening today....we will be the rasist if anything is said. that was the nothing can be done bullshit.

but you weren't talking about racism as a whole. you were talking about BET and stuff.

Detained said:
ahh. thanks for the update, and the nothing can be done bullshit u were talking about....what can u or i do to show that there is still rasism happening today....we will be the rasist if anything is said. that was the nothing can be done bullshit.

unfortunately you are right. I remember when some politician wanted to end affirmative action and he was call a racist. A.A. is unfair in my book and I guess because I dont think another race should get special treatment then I too am racist.

You guys were the babies that couldn't fit the square toy into the circle hole, so you gave up and said, "there's nothing i can do"

TheOldGuy said:
You guys were the babies that couldn't fit the square toy into the circle hole, so you gave up and said, "there's nothing i can do"

My friend what do you do to put an end to affirmative action? I am sure not much since politicians have tried and have been shut down for it. Take a look a michigan university (i think) the law students fought it and lost. In most colleges if all is equal then the black person will get the go ahead because A.A allows extra point just because they are black. That is whats not fair.

Racism, Racism, Racism, how much it is brought up in this board, and made a big deal over. Maybe if everyone would quit bitching about it it would go away.

No. I was one of those that would take a knife and carve the circle hole into a square and make the bitch fit. your not saying we should do such a thing are u? Whatever path is taken to "equal" out everyone it will all be hate fueled...in the eye's of everyone else. I'm not saying it is impossible oldguy. think about it man...tell us ur thoughts, not how inacctive we are.

Gun_Jack said:
Racism, Racism, Racism, how much it is brought up in this board, and made a big deal over. Maybe if everyone would quit bitching about it it would go away.
Back in the day when slaves were common....Did everyone quit thier bitching about the problem, and just carry on with thier own lives....OR did someone bitch about it, and end up freeing them???...

i know that. i'm way ahead of you on this one.

think about it just like playing with that baby toy.

lets look at the possibilities for both sides of the issue:

1) White guy is for AA
2) White guy is against AA
3) ????? guy is against AA
4) Black guy is for AA

1. Helpful for AA
2. Racist
3. Helpful against AA
4. Racist

What could 3 be? hmmm....

Right now in america I think its safe to say blacks have more rights than whites do. When they were slaves, we had more rights than them, obviously. So what are whites gonna do now? Are you gonna bitch and bitch untill everyone gets pissed and you slam blacks back into the shakles and whip them and make them run around naked? We might, but if we do, you know whats gonna happen? They are gonna have a revolt and there will be a Martin Luther King Jr Jr. and its gonna be an on going cycle and racism will never ever go away unless we all just forget about it and accept that we are all one race... human:)

Gun_Jack said:
Right now in america I think its safe to say blacks have more rights than whites do. When they were slaves, we had more rights than them, obviously. So what are whites gonna do now? Are you gonna bitch and bitch untill everyone gets pissed and you slam blacks back into the shakles and whip them and make them run around naked? We might, but if we do, you know whats gonna happen? They are gonna have a revolt and there will be a Martin Luther King Jr Jr. and its gonna be an on going cycle and racism will never ever go away unless we all just forget about it and accept that we are all one race... human:)

Apparently you don't quite know what affirmative action is

[Edit] and thus have no friggin clue what the topic of conversation is.

[Edit 2] youre talking about shackles n shit. where the hell did that come from?

I dont want slavery...I just want to be able to go into a university and when I score better than the black people yet they get in and I dont because they were given an extra point because they are black.

Like the motto they follow in Key West..."One Human Family"

Back
Top Bottom