Getting to know the law....

LiCuid_Ice

i somehow got into a discussion with my brother tonight. it was regarding entrapment. i was wondering if any of you could clarify this, as this would decrease the number of arrests if true.
the situation : say you go to town, and someone is standing on the street. they look like they sell nug, but you arn't sure.
me an my bro were discussing the issue of, if you ask a person(s) if they are officers of the law , do they have to answer truthfully. My brother says yes, and it is entrapment. i did some research on entrapment, an it had nothin pertaining to this situation. basically what im asking is if they are allowed to lie to you if you ask them if they are an official.

LiCuid_Ice said:
i somehow got into a discussion with my brother tonight. it was regarding entrapment. i was wondering if any of you could clarify this, as this would decrease the number of arrests if true.
the situation : say you go to town, and someone is standing on the street. they look like they sell nug, but you arn't sure.
me an my bro were discussing the issue of, if you ask a person(s) if they are officers of the law , do they have to answer truthfully. My brother says yes, and it is entrapment. i did some research on entrapment, an it had nothin pertaining to this situation. basically what im asking is if they are allowed to lie to you if you ask them if they are an official.
That's what I had heard, that if you ask and they don't tell you it is entrapment, but you did research on it. Why don't you ask a cop? ;)

Nope, they don't have to say shit. they could say they are the tooth fairy if they wanted....as long as you purchase the illegal substance...you are a gonner. If he had a billboard sign set up, and was anouncing to the corner "FREE BUD" and you took it, that is entrapment.

Detained said:
Nope, they don't have to say shit. they could say they are the tooth fairy if they wanted....as long as you purchase the illegal substance...you are a gonner. If he had a billboard sign set up, and was anouncing to the corner "FREE BUD" and you took it, that is entrapment.

yes this is correct, they don't have to say shit. I looked into this once, and I have asked many police officers the same question.

totally correct

4DeuceZero said:
To prove entrapment you have to prove that the officer pressured you into acting in a way which you would not have normally acted.

If you go up to them looking to buy weed, then you would have done it regardless of if they were a police officer.

If a officer comes up to you and asks you to buy it, then you COULD argue entrapment.

If an officer comes up to you and asks you to buy some, you say no, they ask again, and you do, then it would definitly be entrapment.

This is totally correct, ive done some research after my friend tried to say that he was entraped, but it really only is when the cop asks you if you will buy

all the police do is frame rich black men....its ignorent there ignorent....they have doodoo in their souls

Back
Top Bottom