Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Abrams Report

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j842p
    The point is simple, and you are arguing around it Roach, there is no reason for there to be laws denying marrige rights to gays. What you are saying is basically "they should accept the consequences of being gay", that is your argument, it also has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. WE are arguing about changing the law so that the consequence is removed, a consequence that is not suppose to be a consequence. Why should gays not be allowed to marry? That is my question to you. Why should gays not be allowed to marry?
    It shouldn't be a consequence for people who eat junkfood all day to be fat.They're all around good people.No matter what choice, you take the consequences, and live with them.You brought it on yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r0achclip
    Look at what I posted in response to TheOldGuy.
    What? You mean your religiously biased web site? No surprise there!

How about you go to a site devoted to SCIENCE?

Oh, right. Because it would KILL your argument.

http://www.scienceblog.com/community/article2421.html

"A study published in the February issue of the journal Endocrinology demonstrates that not only are certain groups of cells different between genders in a part of the sheep brain controlling sexual behavior, but brain anatomy and hormone production may determine whether adult rams prefer other rams over ewes."

Also,

"The oSDN in rams that preferred females was "significantly" larger and contained more neurons than in male-oriented rams and ewes. In addition, the oSDN of the female-oriented rams expressed higher levels of aromatase, a substance that converts testosterone to estradiol so the androgen hormone can facilitate typical male sexual behaviors. Aromatase expression was no different between male-oriented rams and ewes."

Even if it were a choice, they should still be allowed to make that choice and pursue happiness in any way that does not harm others, you know, kinda like the Constitution says they can.

You still haven't given a reason why they shouldn't be allowed to get married. Your sole arugment is, "Because they're gay."

Are you aware of the fallacy known as begging the question?

Here are some examples:

Bill: "God must exist."
    Jill: "How do you know."
    Bill: "Because the Bible says so."
    Jill: "Why should I believe the Bible?"
    Bill: "Because the Bible was written by God."

"If such actions were not illegal, then they would not be prohibited by the law."

"The belief in God is universal. After all, everyone believes in God."

Interviewer: "Your resume looks impressive but I need another reference."
    Bill: "Jill can give me a good reference."
    Interviewer: "Good. But how do I know that Jill is trustworthy?"
    Bill: "Certainly. I can vouch for her."

Allow me to rephrase the question at hand.

Why should people that are born, conditioned, or choose to be gay be disallowed to marry?

Post Thanks / Like
    It shouldn't be a consequence for people who eat junkfood all day to be fat.They're all around good people.No matter what choice, you take the consequences, and live with them.You brought it on yourself.
    You don't see the difference in that and people like you punishing people?

If you didn't punish them, there wouldn't be ANY consequences. So why punish them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastoner
    So what your basically saying is being homo is a disease? woah! glad I dodged that one.
    Pretty much.

r0ach is basically saying that we (people in general) can choose who we are attracted to, but could we suddenly choose to be attracted to dogs, cacti, automobiles, windows? Somehow I don't think that anyone could choose who they are attracted to. If that were the case, I'd choose to be attracted to every single female that walked by me, regardless of height, weight, or tooth orientation. It sure would make dating a hell of a lot easier

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastoner
    I dunno man you heard of beastality or necroclopilis? where people go fuck animals or dead people. I'm pretty sure they choose that one cuase the animals and dead people they fuck got pussys...so they aint gay, but they choose some nasty shit to go do. IM sure if they really put their heart into it, they could buy a hooker instead.
    lol. those people probably had really rough childhoods.

but if you could choose to stop being attracted to something like that, wouldn't you?

ask youself about the scenario i posed a few minutes ago. could you choose to be attracted to all girls, regardless of how fugly they are now?

Post Thanks / Like
    funny how far away the convo got from the OP, but we still ended up staring at a fugly biotch

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but that is beyond our power, it is in our power to take away the bullshit law that says two consenting people cant get married.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldGuy
    Why should people that are born, conditioned, or choose to be gay be disallowed to marry?
    Because it's immoral and wrong.Straight out.Most of the reasons I have are religious, I know I'mma catch alotta shit for that.

You have to accept consequences if you choose to do something.People choose to be gay, that's that.I don't care what any science book says, they overanalyze shit too much.If it was biological, how the hell do we have bisexuals?

FYI:Imma a lot blowed, just ramblin' on a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldGuy
    lol. those people probably had really rough childhoods.

but if you could choose to stop being attracted to something like that, wouldn't you?

ask youself about the scenario i posed a few minutes ago. could you choose to be attracted to all girls, regardless of how fugly they are now?
    I choose to stay the hell away from that bitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because it's immoral and wrong.Straight out.Most of the reasons I have are religious, I know I'mma catch alotta shit for that.

You have to accept consequences if you choose to do something.People choose to be gay, that's that.I don't care what any science book says, they overanalyze shit too much.If it was biological, how the hell do we have bisexuals?

When you say science overanylizes shit you're really just saying "I don't understand science"

I've been told that smoking marijuana is immoral and wrong. Does that mean it is? Of course not, that's why there should be no legal consequenses for smoking pot, just like gay marriage should not be prohibited. PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK. It didn't work in the 1920s against alcohol, it's not working with drugs, and it doesn't work with gay marriage. Outlawing harmless happiness from people should be a crime in and of itself.
    "Life is a comedy to those who think, and a tragedy to those who feel." ~Unknown

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean

Post Thanks / Like

Why should your morality govern everyone elses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MR sHibbZ
    When you say science overanylizes shit you're really just saying "I don't understand science"

I've been told that smoking marijuana is immoral and wrong. Does that mean it is? Of course not, that's why there should be no legal consequenses for smoking pot, just like gay marriage should not be prohibited. PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK. It didn't work in the 1920s against alcohol, it's not working with drugs, and it doesn't work with gay marriage. Outlawing harmless happiness from people should be a crime in and of itself.
    No, I'm saying it makes something outta nothing.That's what I'm saying.

The Bible actually condones Marijuana.Jesus used it to heal.There's a recipe in the Old testament for Hash oil where they use 9 lbs. of cannibas to annoint people with.Jesus couldn't have been the messiah without being annoited with this.

The Bible is against gays.It specifically states " A man shall not lay with a man as he lays with a woman".I forget which verse it is.But that's further evidence for homosexuality as a choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j842p
    Why should your morality govern everyone elses?
    You mean why should the majoritys morality govern everyone else?

Because this is a democracy.Majority rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean why should the majoritys morality govern everyone else?

Because this is a democracy.Majority rules.
    How do you know its the majority? Has this ever been voted on? Seriously, i dont know.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bible is against gays.It specifically states " A man shall not lay with a man as he lays with a woman".I forget which verse it is.But that's further evidence for homosexuality as a choice.
    How is that evidence at all?
    And so what if YOU interpert the Bible as condoning marijuana use (i do too), a lot of fundies would lynch you for that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast