To all the Senior Hippies...

J842P

To all of those that smoked in the 60's and 70's, is marijuana the same drug? or is it 10, 100, 1000, 10000 times more potent now?

^^^^actually, they did not record the % of thc in the plants during the 60's-70's....what they did was in 1996, took a small amt of bud from some they took off someone, an went into the police locker, an picked out a brick from 1973 or something, and used that to compare thc content. as most people know, the % of thc in the plant will slowly deteoriate, therefore, i do not think the thc % went up, but rather just anoterh scare tactic.....(i believe it went up, but not by 10, 100 x.)think about this real quick...lets say most weed is ~10% thc content....dividing that by 10 (testing if it is 10x more potent)would give us 1% thc content, if neone knows...thats almost the equivalent of smoking a hemp plant (.3% thc content), and from what ive heard, all you'll get is a headache from smoking a hemp plant. therefore...youd literally need to smoke about 10 joints to get high (if it is possible), an i dont think thats right. im not a senior hippie, but thats my 2 cents

You make some valid points Ice, I think you might be on the right track. Imma see if I can find anything more about this tho.

I actually say this thing on TV, hum, on Monday. A show all about dope =) Anyways, they were saying that weed isn't the same as back in the '70s. Back then you would only get like 4% to 8% of THC in your bud. Nowadays it's more like 12% up to like 18% of THC in certain weed you can buy. So in the 70s they use to sit around smoke a couple joints and get high. Today you smoke one joint and you are fuct as hell.

LiCuid_Ice said:
^^^^actually, they did not record the % of thc in the plants during the 60's-70's....what they did was in 1996, took a small amt of bud from some they took off someone, an went into the police locker, an picked out a brick from 1973 or something, and used that to compare thc content. as most people know, the % of thc in the plant will slowly deteoriate, therefore, i do not think the thc % went up, but rather just anoterh scare tactic.....(i believe it went up, but not by 10, 100 x.)think about this real quick...lets say most weed is ~10% thc content....dividing that by 10 (testing if it is 10x more potent)would give us 1% thc content, if neone knows...thats almost the equivalent of smoking a hemp plant (.3% thc content), and from what ive heard, all you'll get is a headache from smoking a hemp plant. therefore...youd literally need to smoke about 10 joints to get high (if it is possible), an i dont think thats right. im not a senior hippie, but thats my 2 cents
thats where i was getting at, but i want first hand info from the senior hippies, how much did u have to smoke to get high back then?

if anything this is better, because you dont have to fuck up your lungs as much.

I think I'm the only one on this forum who actually smoked in the sixties. I started to smoke in sixty three when I was fifteen. In the sixties and early seventies most of the weed we saw was Mexican brick weed. This was the weed that the Mexicans wouldn't smoke themselves so they sold it to the stupid gringos who didn't know any better. In the seventies I went to college in Mexico and found out that the weed the Mexicans smokes was as good as anything grown today. It wasn't until our boys started coming back from Nam that we got the Asian weed . Most of the quality strains of today had their start in Asia. The pot today isn't more potent then the pot of the sixties, it's just easier to find the good bud.

Tommysmokes has been smoking for over forty years

tommysmokes said:
I think I'm the only one on this forum who actually smoked in the sixties. I started to smoke in sixty three when I was fifteen. In the sixties and early seventies most of the weed we saw was Mexican brick weed. This was the weed that the Mexicans wouldn't smoke themselves so they sold it to the stupid gringos who didn't know any better. In the seventies I went to college in Mexico and found out that the weed the Mexicans smokes was as good as anything grown today. It wasn't until our boys started coming back from Nam that we got the Asian weed . Most of the quality strains of today had their start in Asia. The pot today isn't more potent then the pot of the sixties, it's just easier to find the good bud.

Tommysmokes has been smoking for over forty years
Haha, i was thinking of you for your insight! Thanks, im Guatemalan, and they still sell the brick weed to the gringos! Its amazing how cheap weed is in Guatemala (in rural places, in the city it gets expensive), lol, they sell it by handfulls!

j842p

In seventy six I spent about a month in Panajachel, a village on Lake Atitlan, and getting weed there was easy. You would go to the local garage and stand around looking like a gringo and after a couple of minutes one of the mechanics would come up to you and ask if your looking for mota. At that time for five bucks you would get about a quarter pound of high quaility bud. The locals could get it cheaper that was the price for gringos.

Tommysmokes also went to Tikal

tommysmokes said:
j842p

In seventy six I spent about a month in Panajachel, a village on Lake Atitlan, and getting weed there was easy. You would go to the local garage and stand around looking like a gringo and after a couple of minutes one of the mechanics would come up to you and ask if your looking for mota. At that time for five bucks you would get about a quarter pound of high quaility bud. The locals could get it cheaper that was the price for gringos.

Tommysmokes also went to Tikal
Yeah, prices are inflated a bit since the seventies, (BTW, i havnt actually bought there because i only go with my family but i get offered all the time), but they are still low, my cousing was so fucking confused when i bought a gram for 20. Nice to know you've been to Guatemala, a lot of old hippies have.

Back
Top Bottom