Vaporizer residue

Danolo

Hiya folks...

Just recently got a vaporiser and love it! Coolest!

My question is, once all the vapour has been extracted from the herb, is there any value in the residue?

I guess I'm old school and don't want to waste, but smoking the residue after vaporizing it is really harsh and smoky. Is there likely any psychoactive ingredients or should I just dump it?

Hi Danolo.

Some people (like SweetSue) say they eat it. I tried that and it was okay but I don't think I got a buzz from it but like you, it seems like kind of waste to throw it out. I'd be interested in finding out for sure, too. I mean I wouldn't eat or re-smoke regular cigarette ashes, you know?

I use the remainder of my vaped material in my pain-releiving oil, balms and salves. I have also heard that it can be used for edible things like canna butter, even though I have never tried it or even research it yet.
It works well for me, and the end product does what it is supposed to do very well. Usually, I get pain relief with in less than a minute using my products.
Waste not want not, right?

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

vaporizer poo

that's what it is called on some sites, so my research tells me.

it's easy to find the temp gauge for boiling off the cannabinoids in mj,,

some of the components do not boil off till very near or even over the temp of actual combustion, so,, yes,, there is value in the vaporizer poo

one can throw it out, or salvage it, i am saving mine, to make oil i think,, i am still thinking about it,, not a budder fan

cheers

I have a medium sized mason jar almost full.... I like to bong it, because it gives me an instant buzz.... but not long lasting.. probably hard on my lungs as well...

So, what should I do with about a 1/2 cup of it to make it usable. How do you "cook it into coconut oil"??

So, what should I do with about a 1/2 cup of it to make it usable. How do you "cook it into coconut oil"??

Since ABV (already been vaped) or AVB (already vaped bud) is cannabis which has already been heated, it will be decarboxylated and thus ready for use. As a general rule of thumb, the darker your ABV, the weaker it will be, and in my experience its not worth saving ABV which is very dark brown or almost black as it generally contains almost no psychoactive components. Cannabis begins to decarboxylate at around 220 degrees Fahrenheit. For the optimal oven method, you should preheat to 220–245 degrees, and bake the ground-up flower for about 30–45 minutes, depending on your preferences and the cannabis being utilized. Now that you’ve successfully decarboxylated your cannabis, you can now infuse it with various cooking oils, butter, lecithin, and also create potent alcohol or vegetable glycerine tinctures.

Now you have the info, all you require is a recipe.

:thumb:

Since ABV (already been vaped) or AVB (already vaped bud) is cannabis which has already been heated, it will be decarboxylated and thus ready for use. As a general rule of thumb, the darker your ABV, the weaker it will be, and in my experience its not worth saving ABV which is very dark brown or almost black as it generally contains almost no psychoactive components. Cannabis begins to decarboxylate at around 220 degrees Fahrenheit. For the optimal oven method, you should preheat to 220–245 degrees, and bake the ground-up flower for about 30–45 minutes, depending on your preferences and the cannabis being utilized. Now that you’ve successfully decarboxylated your cannabis, you can now infuse it with various cooking oils, butter, lecithin, and also create potent alcohol or vegetable glycerine tinctures.

Now you have the info, all you require is a recipe.

:thumb:

Cool.... so, since its ABV, it need NOT be decarboxylated, right? So.... the next step is to "infuse it with various cooking oils, butter, lecithin, and also create potent alcohol or vegetable glycerine tinctures"...

S0, how do I do that?

Hmmm. I suspect this is a broad subject. How about a simple recipe to infuse butter. I can make brownies with butter, right?

Last time I made brownies was 40 years ago... we simply ground up some weed and dumped it into the brownie mix. It was a killer!

Perhaps I should consult our resident brownie expert....

personally, i would not be using this vaporizer poo in any recipe that requires the poo to be added to the recipe. imo, i do not want to eat this stuff, in any way. however, iffin the remaining cannabinoids can be removed then i am all for that.

which is why i extract the remaining cannabinoids with the same process i use to make cannabis oil,, with isopropal alcohol,, not the ultimate method, i know, but what i have as of now

personally, i would not be using this vaporizer poo in any recipe that requires the poo to be added to the recipe. imo, i do not want to eat this stuff, in any way.

Thanks for the laugh! Me either. I used to save it but just toss it now. I remember reading threads on this and some ppl said "I just eat ABV as it is, it's not bad". I vomited a little.. :p

Yeah, I'm not sure its worthwhile to extract it using alcohol... would I end up with a concentrated oil? How much essential oil will be left in the plant materiel after going through my vaporiser? But if infused into vegetable oil, I suspect it might be a smelly nasty mess...

I've got about 2 cups of the stuff, and I'm totally willing to experiment, but I'm just not sure how to start.

well, if you do make oil, as i do,, then that would be a good start. making oil is quite easy,, i use it, and my wife as well, as 'preventative medicine'. i figure if i have cancer next year, or similar dreaded disease, then i probably have cancer now, so i ingest oil near daily

i make it using isopropal alcohol,, not the best but all i have. i use bud usually to make the oil,, soaking it in the alcohol during the process

so, all that for this point,, when i make oil i run the poo through a alcohol bath as well and add it to the mix.

otherwise the poo would go where most poo goes,, in my compost bin,, haha, you know, grass poo and tree and bush poo, oh, and my mj plant poo too doo d

cheers

I'd recommend a coconut oil. It works great in most recipes and it's easier, IMO to make than a butter. Your ABV is already decarbed, or will be completely before you finish cooking anything, wouldn't you think? The THC and CBD burn off at some of the highest temps, and most people stop before that.

It's worth considering how high you're getting on less than you thought you were getting. This is because it's the terpenes that drive the cannabinoids, so do take the time to work up through the temps and enjoy the flavors of the terps. It's one of the best features of a vaporizer.

Since it's already decarbed all you need do is bond the cannabinoids to the carrier oil. That means low heat for a couple hours and some vigorious shaking or stirring to get all the rest of the cannabinoids harvested. I'd think you could get by with as little as a half cup of coconut oil to up to a half ounce of ABV, closed up tightly and placed in the oven on the lowest temperature, shaken every time you think of it for an hour or two, then strained to clear the plant material.

Remember, you're not decarbing, you're bonding the cannabinoids to the oil. Shake often. I use a baking pan under my jar (I use a small mason canning jar).

For brownies I'd simply toss the ABV into the mix, as is. The texture and flavors of brownies cover the plant material better than almost any other recipe.

nivek, do you have a problem with plant material in brownies? I cook mine that way primarily because I don't want to lose any cannabinoids, and the only way to really do that is to eat all of it. I'm really stingy about my cannabinoids. :cheesygrinsmiley:

nivek, do you have a problem with plant material in brownies? I cook mine that way primarily because I don't want to lose any cannabinoids, and the only way to really do that is to eat all of it. I'm really stingy about my cannabinoids. :cheesygrinsmiley:

who was it said that folks should be stingy, healthy and wise? wise one that one,, probably healthy and stingy too

ha, sue, i have no problem with using whole bud in brownies, not at all,, but vaporizer poo, imo, is a whole other matter,, it's poo for one

actually , sue, this is my issue with consuming my cannabis through brownies,, it's the brownies part,, i can not have those around and not partake,

often,

too often,

way too often

but i am slowly reading up on your methods and i am not yet too old to alter my methods,, slowly

cheers sue

I have a medium sized mason jar almost full.... I like to bong it, because it gives me an instant buzz.... but not long lasting.. probably hard on my lungs as well...

Hey there, Danolo.

Radogast posted this recipe over on Sue's Perpetual Grow Journal:

For a hybrid stoned state, and for a sativa powered busy day, I prefer smoking. For the chronic pain of fibromyalgia, an ankle broken in 3 places, and plantars fasciatis my wife agrees with you that vaping is superior to smoking.

I know I repeat myself, so forgive me i've I've said this before, but for 4 years we have made all our edibles (brownies and cookies) from ABV (Already Been Vaped.) We buy the family size (18 oz) brownie mixes that require adding oil (a carrier for marijuana) and then stir in 2 TBSP (aka 6 tsp / 30 ml / 1 fluid oz) of ABV. The vaping process has decarboxylated the marijuana and the 'green' flavor is toasted out, so ABV makes very nice edibles. No planning is required, just add the ABV as a dry ingredient and do everything else as normal.

At this strength, 1 brownie for light weights (me) and 2 brownies for heavy users is a powerful high. A good sativa brownie hits me like a good sativa smoke, except it lasts for hours and hours. For pain management, 2 brownies is good pain management and 3 brownies will help you no longer care about pain.

For a regular vape user, abv is free edibles. We save the ABV out of the vape in an old 35mm film canister. When the canister is full, it's brownie time. If for some reason the ABV coming out of the vape is burnt black, we throw it in the ash tray.

Back
Top Bottom