Price of Cannabis?

Jedthedog

Was wondering what the cost of Medical Cannabis was in the states that have legalized it. The state that I live in may get it passed this year and was wondering what type of prices people were paying.. Thank you.

I think it varies depending on the rules in the State. In Oregon Med isn't taxed so you don't have the extra Sin Tax added to it. So if buying from a Dispensary it is slightly-quite a bit more than off the street depending on Strain and of course the Dispensary, but the Dispensary has the costs of a business: (brick and mortar, fees for licenses, fees for testing (which varies State to State what is required), taxes (pay Fed tax but can't deduct business expenses as illegal on Fed level), wages, etc...). Advantages to a Dispensary you can find Strains that more helpful to your specific condition/needs (example: need a 1:1 THC-CBD ratio that doesn't cause anxiety) and obviously more choices to choose from along with depending on rules it is tested and at a minimum usually has percentage of THC and CBD and some places it is tested for chemicals (pesticides etc...) which you don't get from off the Black Market. When Rec went legal they changed the rules to make it harder to grow for patients legally unless a licensed business (think it still possible but lots of hoops to jump thru to do it legally), so one of those good with the bad I think.
Granted depends on who you know and all that far as Black Market goes (same as Dispensaries it varies from place to place) but here $160-200 an oz on the street and $175-240 an oz at Dispensary for Medical (but a Medical Card here has a yearly fee, and have to find a Doctor to sign off and a 30-60 day wait time to get the card after all the paperwork, so depends on how much you use as to if fee is more than the Sin Tax). Recreational here is still a 1/4 oz limit a day per Dispensary, so you don't get the quantity discount and get hit with the 17-20% Sin Tax on top of it so a 1/4 can go $55-110 depending on Dispensary and Strain.

You can search Leafly by location, get an idea of what is around in various places far as Med or Rec prices. Does vary by State and even City let alone it varies by Dispensary too.

Dispensary I go to most of the time as it is the cheapest and better quality than other places in the area, the "R" means Recreational price, scroll down for Med price (some places don't list both, no sales tax in Oregon so the Rec prices are what it is out the door):

on streets in tampa from drug dealer - 1/8th=$50 in a dope baggy
here in denver co from my med disp- 1/8th=$12-shake-$18-buds

also they have deals here when you resign them as your caregiver like $50 OZ
rec in denver is 1/8th=with deals is $19+

:thumb:

Maine. 30 n 8th. Got one place here that got 25 n 8th. All recreational here Monday though

I hope Hawaii's dispensaries prices won't be crazy expensive like everything else here, they go live in June - July. I was paying $65 a 1/4 on the street in South Carolina, don't really know what street price is here as I'm still dry.

Was wondering what the cost of Medical Cannabis was in the states that have legalized it. The state that I live in may get it passed this year and was wondering what type of prices people were paying.. Thank you.

I live in San Diego. Dispensary prices are about $10-$15 a gram.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm also in california.. interesting to see the other states prices
Street prices:
outdoor. $100oz
Indoor. $160- $200 per oz. $25 1/8 or more
Despinsery prices vary but you get what you pay for. If seen it dirt cheap and as high as $420oz. Top shelf 1/8 are usually $50-$60 from a Place like the Cookie Club or Harborside. Smaller spots usually have ther top shelf priced around $35-$40.

Middle of nowhere northern BC.
Decent pot- $180 or less an oz.
Good pot. - $200 an oz.
What's a dispensary?
:rofl:

Some call them Co-ops or collectives

Middle of nowhere northern BC.
Decent pot- $180 or less an oz.
Good pot. - $200 an oz.
What's a dispensary?

The dispensary is the cannabis store or delivery service I get my medicine from. When I first walked into one I felt like I was Harry Potter walking into the wand shop. It was magical.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It was magical.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

True that! Walking up to the door and smelling herb, then getting buzzed in, then looking at the push pin map of the world and all the people from all over who shopped there. Then being greeted by really cool people (who check ID and do their job) while putting on a list for a "budtender" (bartender of buds). Holy shiit, for the first time in my life I'm going to be able to buy legal herb from someone who knows what they are selling instead of some piece of shiit from the corner selling me "it's the best shiit dude" which ends up being garbage. 5 minutes later we are getting a full on tour of all of the edibles, smokeable stuff, wax, seeds.....every question we had got an answer and not a shiity walmart type of clerk guessing at an answer. $400 later we left with 3/4 of an ounce of 3 different strains and maybe 10-15 doses of edibles.

Granted, what we paid is high considering just a few years ago I could buy a pound of herb in Jamaica for $20-$50 or grow it for actually more than the Jamaica prices but the experience, the magic....

Back
Top Bottom