Screen or no screen?

420Dentist

So what do you guys prefer? Putting a glass screen in your bowl to prevent sucking through so much, or just suck that ash into the water after the bowl is dead...? I don't have a glass screen in my bong right now, but I'm thinking about purchasing one.

glass screens?!?! what they arent made out of glass are they??

i have golden screens.

I put them in my small pipes, un resinated bowls....and unresinated bongs.

my one friend just baught a brand new bong...and the glass slider bowl was so slippery that the bud we packed(no matter how hard we packed) would get pulled thru way before it was even close to being ash....so we had to puyt a screen in until the bowl builds up enough stick resin to hold the bud until its white ash...

so basicly, i screen until peices are matured or if its under a 3 or 4 inche sized peice

Woody said:
glass screens?!?! what they arent made out of glass are they??

i have golden screens.

I put them in my small pipes, un resinated bowls....and unresinated bongs.

my one friend just baught a brand new bong...and the glass slider bowl was so slippery that the bud we packed(no matter how hard we packed) would get pulled thru way before it was even close to being ash....so we had to puyt a screen in until the bowl builds up enough stick resin to hold the bud until its white ash...

so basicly, i screen until peices are matured or if its under a 3 or 4 inche sized peice

Yeah, all I will use is a glass screen. Any other screens that I have used make the bud taste kinda funny. I've never heard of golden screens though. Glass screens are like a little glass ball with tiny arms that you put in the bowl. The arms allow air flow so you can get smoke, but the ball part holds all the bud up.

wow that sounds wild...how much???? im sure they work great.

and no mine arent made of gold, there color is gold...there just good ol fasioned metal screens.

...please let me know about theese glass more, were ?

i NEVER put a screen in glass... If it's a bong, I boil down the bongwater after i save up 2 or so gallons, filter out all the big chunks, dry them out, boil down the bongwater till i have nice resin, then put the big chunks on the bottom of a spoon and top it with resin... And if it's a bowl, it takes a bit of experience to realize what happens, but DONT USE A SCREEN IN A GLASS SPOON!!!! all the pull through collects in the head of the bowl, so that after smoking out of it for a month or so for an average stoner, even when you're out of bud you can light the bowl and all the excess BUD in the head will light, cherry, and you can keep smoking it... and it's not resin... it's BUD PEOPLE!!! all the bud you pull through collects right in the pipe... it's great. Glass is perfect alone... you don't need a screen!

i always use a screen when im smoking out of my bowl

snugglefunked......what? NO....uhm, if it gets pulled through....and you packed it correctly...its ash, not bud. ash doesnt contain THC. and normally bud will hold form long enough that it wont crumble and fall thru until its ash.

this was a post about screens, not what uve stated on multiple times, what u love to with your dirty bong water.

and sometimes, no glass isnt perfect alone..its tooo slippery to pack well and bud will slip and get pulled thru when it still has green on the other side...and that green will not stick to the head of the bowl or inside the stem of the slider...it well get pulled right thru into your mouth or right into the water..and yay u have good green sitting in your bong water or green in your mouth, fun...so to prevent this, you put a scren in your glass until theres enough resin to pack your bud so it doesnt fall thru when its ash, and has very low level of thc you dont care about.

ALSO, if you put a fliter in, you get pure resin in your bowl(lots of thc) not lots of ash( very little thc) ...so when you do scrape your bowl or filter off water you get high percentages of thc from RESIN, not low percentages from ash.

thats why to me and many other people, its logical to ATLEAST screen until its resinated...and sometimes after that.

Woody said:
wow that sounds wild...how much???? im sure they work great.

and no mine arent made of gold, there color is gold...there just good ol fasioned metal screens.

...please let me know about theese glass more, were ?

My friend had one in his bong about a year ago and he said he got it at a headshop for around $4. He ashed the bowl onto the ground (forgetting about the screen) one day and lost it, though. If you use a metal screen, I would definately suggest getting a glass screen. You don't want to get other wierd chemicals off the screen with your hit. But that's what I'm deciding now, if I want one or not..

ahh man i gota find one of those, never seen or heard of it before.. definatly going to look around,.

no i garauntee you... that's why there are often bits of bud in bong water... and that's why what hits your tongue in pull through is ash... the bud stays at the tip... well yeah not in new pieces... but after 5 or 6 smokes out of it, it won't anymore... dude... my friend has a bowl she hasn't scraped in 6 months... there's at LEAST a gram of straight up BUD at the head... and don't tell me it's impossible or shit like that... I seen it on MULTIPLE occasions... it's not about logic... i would have said the same thing as you, prior to last september, when i first saw it happen... and why are you so hostile to me? I'm providing evidence too... threatened much? sounds like you haven't smoked all day or something

yeah that's what i do... but eventually you may have to poke it cuz it gets clogged and whatnot... and you'll still get pullthrough bud... i mean... cheap glass doesn't for some reason... but for most bowls i'd say $35 and over... you know... real thick pieces... they collect SO much bud SO quick... my friend jamie's had hers for around 2 weeks and you can already cherry the bud inside... and yes it is bud... we took some out... it's like the half-burnt bud you find when you take apart roaches... xcept a LOT more... seriously... don't scrape your glass spoon for a month... you'll see it... especially if you have a transparent/translucent piece... it's BUD... and it's a bitch to get out... so you leave it in... that way, when you're short of bud, you can take a good 4-5 hits of bud... get nice and toasty... and still have quite a bit left in there... i used to have a glass screen in an effort to conserve as much bud as possible... but actually... i like it better when i don't... cuz then i have bud for later... so in effect i conserve it for a time when i'd need it more, rather than at a time where i'm already stoned... you know?

edit... i forgot to mention that some cheap bowls do it too... jamie's bowl was only 14 bucks... and my $10 bowl is starting to do it too...

Back
Top Bottom