For you Bush Lovers...Is this OK?

Key West

This really pisses me off that Bush would go to these lengths to put people in jail for marijuana.

We need to get Bush out of Office soon.

And Now to the Story:

Federal officials are subverting California's medical marijuana law
again, and California prosecutors are helping them do it.

After six months of pursuing the case, a California prosecutor
suddenly dropped state charges against a middle-aged couple who grew
marijuana for their own medicinal use. Then, as soon as the two were
deceived into thinking their troubles were over, federal officials --
invited by the state prosecutor -- swarmed into the courtroom and
arrested the couple on federal charges.

This elaborate ruse was enacted for the sole purpose of getting around
California's medical marijuana law. It is an outrage.

David Dean Davidson, 52, and Cynthia Barcelo Blake, 53, grew marijuana
on their own property for their own use. They had a doctor's
recommendation to take marijuana for their illnesses. Yet they were
arrested, and Tehama County prosecutor Lynn Strom pursued a case
against them for six months. Then, in the courtroom, she suddenly
dropped the charges.

Thinking the case was dismissed, the couple's lawyers were lured into
the judge's chambers. While the lawyers were absent, the feds swarmed
into the courtroom and arrested Davidson and Blake on federal charges.
The lawyers were deprived of the opportunity to advise their clients
of their rights. If convicted, the couple now faces a mandatory
minimum sentence of 10 years in federal prison. Please see
Marijuana Policy Project | We Change Laws or
Marijuana Policy Project | We Change Laws to read more
about this outrageous story.

Strom "knew she couldn't win," defense attorney Tony Serra said. "So,
she concocted this terrible, illegal, underhanded scheme to separate
David and Cindy from their attorneys and transition them into federal
jurisdiction, where she knows that medical necessity is not a
defense." I'm sure you agree that the people of California don't pay
Strom her salary so she can undermine the law they passed by a
statewide ballot initiative.

MPP staffers are working seven days a week to end marijuana
prohibition so that outrages like this will become a thing of the
past.

If you're upset about this and want to do something to fight back,
please consider working for the Marijuana Policy Project on one of our
upcoming ballot initiative campaigns.

I co-founded MPP nine years ago because of my deeply held conviction
that marijuana prohibition is wrong -- and that I could help end it.
If you share this conviction and are able to move to a different state
to work for relatively low wages from February to June (and perhaps
all the way to November), please visit Job Opportunities at MPP - MPP to
learn more.

WTF! Justice? NO! This is an example of how power corupts. I use this quote alot, and it hold true to this day. "Absolute power, corupts absolutly" - Albert Einstien. She went on a power trip, and got two people thrown in jail for her OWN cause. She should be tried in court for conspiracy to commit fraud or some shit! something, anything! JUST GET HER ASS OFF OF THE FUCKING HIGH HORSE SHE ROAD IN ON! This is bullshit. She does not serve the people with shit like that. She serves herself.

New Federal Prosecution of California Medical Marijuana Patients - another sorce of information on this.

why would ANYONE go to such lengths.... that makes me mad at the world

It's not just Nush. It's Ashcroft. Ashcroft is the puppetier behind all that shit. Bush is just the bitch with Ashcroft's hand up his ass. But as goes Bush, so goes Ashcroft.

Alternet.org Yet more info. :) lol sry if this is anoying (the flow of information that is) some people complain. I'm just reading more and more, and the more i read about it the more pissed i get. In the article it says the number of plants were over exhagerated, and the weight was too. that's BULL. In fact this whole thing is bull to begin with.

umm.. no where in the article did it say that bush did all that... it said strom did. and she's going against the state of california's vote.

The federal government had a hand in it. Bush didn't show up to arrest them with his own hands, but does that make him neutral to all this? does he not control this contry, and what is happening right now? I fail to see how he is not connected to prosecuting medical marijuana users.

Its Federal which is ultimately Bush and his posse.

Detained said:
The federal government had a hand in it. Bush didn't show up to arrest them with his own hands, but does that make him neutral to all this? does he not control this contry, and what is happening right now? I fail to see how he is not connected to prosecuting medical marijuana users.

Those are the blind bush supporters. They think and truley believe he is the greatest ever. Scary.

Good Waste of Time

All I can say is that it's a good thing we use our country's resources (i.e., our tax dollars) to imprison 50-something's growing pot in their back yard when we've got terrorists and the like running rampant all over the place. Makes perfect sense to me.................... WTF?????

rasta.john said:
umm.. no where in the article did it say that bush did all that....

Isn't this like saying "OJ didn't reach into Nicole Brown with his own hands causing her to bleed to death. It was the knife! Blame the knife!"???

Now don't get me wrong. Strom played a very key role, but could only do so because of Bush and his thugs

nupee said:
All I can say is that it's a good thing we use our country's resources (i.e., our tax dollars) to imprison 50-something's growing pot in their back yard when we've got terrorists and the like running rampant all over the place. Makes perfect sense to me.................... WTF?????

You act like the government doesn't do anything about terrorists.

why is everything bush's fault.

do you know how many people get arrested per year for weed?

im sure bush doesn't look over every trial to make sure it's fair.

lifes not fair.

TheOldGuy said:
You act like the government doesn't do anything about terrorists.

No, no.. I didn't say that. But I wonder how many of our resources would be better spent doing other things? That's my point.

Here's a smaller scale version.... Lets say, I am the general manager of a store. Let's also make general manager the highest position for this ex. One of my employees, which we will name DEA, assaults a customer. I hear of this wrong doing by DEA and do nothing to repremand or restain him from doing it again. The customer comes to me and asks why i did nothing to DEA, and insists i fire DEA for attacking him/her. I say nothing, and do nothing to stop further harrasment from DEA towards my customers.....!I! am responcible for dealing with DEA and stopping this behavior. DEA is not my general manager, and does not have the power to influence my actions. !I! am at fault for doing nothing.

Detained said:
Here's a smaller scale version.... Lets say, I am the general manager of a store. Let's also make general manager the highest position for this ex. One of my employees, which we will name DEA, assaults a customer. I hear of this wrong doing by DEA and do nothing to repremand or restain him from doing it again. The customer comes to me and asks why i did nothing to DEA, and insists i fire DEA for attacking him/her. I say nothing, and do nothing to stop further harrasment from DEA towards my customers.....!I! am responcible for dealing with DEA and stopping this behavior. DEA is not my general manager, and does not have the power to influence my actions. !I! am at fault for doing nothing.

Very Nice... Maybe some will understand now........

Back
Top Bottom