Grandma's story

Auggie

I have a neighbor, and old lady. She lives about a block away.

G'ma is 97 years old. She is a little over five feet tall, and maybe weighs a hundred lbs. She is in remarkably good shape for an old broad (her words).

When she was young, her and her hubby owned a large dairy in Minnesota. One of the largest ones in the state. When he was about 30 g'pa was diagnosed with polio. It killed him slowly. Gma ran the dairy for a long time with hired help; but she finally lost it to medical bills and lack of management.

She told me once that back then, a woman had very limited job opportunities. She could be a teacher, a nurse, a barmaid, or a prostitute (or any combination), but that was about it. She had three kids, the youngest four years old.

She moved to Florida, bought a dry cleaning store. Started looking around for money making opportunities and learned that the railroad was looking for land to put a line on. Now, for those who don't know, Florida is a sandbar stuck out in the ocean. They had trouble finding land that would SUPPORT a train. It's mostly swamp.

She struck up a "friendship" with a soils engineer. (She said that with a slight smile - I suspect it was more than that.) He did some extra work for her and tested and searched for land that the railroad would be interested in, and she ended up buying a few hundred acres of swamp for pennies per acre. Five years later she sold it for a LOT, and ended up pretty rich. She did more real estate deals; land speculation and over time - got even richer.

Anyway ... what's all this have to do with MJ? Nothing. I just wanted to give you a little history about the person.

I go over to her house about a month ago, and she is not feeling well. Her arthritis is really hurting, she can hardly move. "Doctor says there's no cure for old age. It's just the cold wet weather. I'll be ok come spring." She did not like taking pain meds, "I may be losing the battle with my body, but I'm not voluntarily giving up my mind."

I did some research to see if MJ would help, and how. I knew she wouldn't do anything that would make her high, so I looked into juicing. I've never done it, but people who do really enjoy it.
I have an AC/DC plant that I keep as a mother, and since demand is low on that plant, I throw away a lot just to keep her pruned up.
I ground up enough leaves to half fill a quart mason jar, and brought it to her. When cold it was almost a paste - very concentrated. I asked her to give it a try. She asked what it was and I told her that it was fruits and vegetables and herbs - all medicinal. Told her to put two oz in a glass and dilute with OJ and drink it three times a day. She said, sure what the hell ....

Three days later I go back to visit. She says she feels better, much better. Less pain, stiffness. Sleeping better. She actually LOOKED better. Pink color, the laugh wrinkles around her eyes were more pronounced. Wonders if it's my concoction (her word). She said she's low and would I make more. Sure. I drop off a full quart later that day.

Seven days later I go back to visit and she's not home. Knock, no answer. I called her cell and she said, "oh hunny, I'll be home in about five minutes. I wait, and she comes WALKING up with the dog (a five lb yorkie) on a leash. Said she felt like getting out of the house, even though it was raining and (by California standards) cold. I asked her how she felt and she said that she hasn't felt this good for a decade. Almost no joint pain at all. Her knees didn't hurt at all. She could use her hands easier, and the pain in her lower back was much better. And, could I please make more of my magic 'concoction.'

We went inside and I sheepishly told her that I wasn't completely honest with her about the ingredients. And that it is mostly marijuana. I expected a different reaction than what I got. She smiled and said, "Oh honey, I knew that. I might be old, but I'm not stupid." She went on to say that she has never been much of a holistic health, vegan, tree hugging type - and did this experiment because ... nothing to lose. She said the native Indians that she got to know in the midwest used MJ for medicine "way back in the day" and that she's seen some remarkable results. She said she got a bad burn on her arm once, and one of the hired hands (Indian) brought her a poultice made of MJ roots, and it healed fast and with almost no scar. I looked, she was right. There was a little bit of change of color ... but not noticeable.

She said she was amazed at the change in her own body, and how fast it happened. She said she was going to cut back a little on it now that everything was stabilized and did I mind making her juice for her. She hadn't taken a Celebrix in two weeks - didn't need them and they were hard on her stomach.

That was a month ago. She looks great now, and the weather here still sucks. And I still bring her all the 'concoction' she wants.

I know this is just anecdotal. Not a scientific study at all. A skeptic would say its the placebo effect. I say, I don't care. Doesn't matter. I suspect however, that this is an amazing plant. Truly a gift from God. it is making an old lady's approach to the finish line a little easier, a lot more comfortable.

Just felt like sharing that

~ Auggie ~

Thank you for sharing that story. It's a shit day here, and it made me smile.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She's a pretty cool old gal, really.
I saw a pix of her when she was about 35 - and she was HOT.
I wish we'd of been able to meet at equal age. She prolly wouldn't have looked at me twice, but I'd of been in pursuit.
I need a time machine.

~ Auggie ~

Yes. Have over 200 in stock right now. Weather is really screwing me up (and a lot of farmers actually).
Berkeley Patients clinic on San Pablo Ave in Berkeley has a bunch of the same genetics. They are from Dark Heart nursery.

~ Auggie ~

Yes. Have over 200 in stock right now. Weather is really screwing me up (and a lot of farmers actually).
Berkeley Patients clinic on San Pablo Ave in Berkeley has a bunch of the same genetics. They are from Dark Heart nursery.

~ Auggie ~

Awesome give me call or text if you can?...definitely interested.

Michael

If you have time, what besides fan leaves was in it. I have a neighbor who could use some of the same stuff....

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

wow really nice story... and it cant be blamed by the placebo effect as she knew what she was taking and she actually got it ... placebo effect is when they say u take said medicine but all u get is sugar...
just a shame that some people wait untill they feel like they have nothing to loose anymore untill they try MJ while they should have started with it from the first day instead of taking alot of chemical meds with more side effects then beneficials first

Pt

Back
Top Bottom