Do you like Pot

SlimDog53185

Ok I noticed that my parents and most of the middle aged adults I know. They use the word pot when they talk about marijuana. I don't know why but the word pot makes me mad, and kind of puts me on defence about the subject. I almost think of it as a bad word like fuck.Anyone else feel this way? What does everyone like to call marijuana?

Are you serious? Because I feel the same way, every time my mom is like " you should stop the pot", I just wanna like take the word "pot" and cumple it up. Wow what an annoying vulgur word. And personally I use the word "bud" I like it, its short and rolls of the tounge nicly.

hey

yea man, it pisses me off so bad when someone calls it pot, even if they're pro-weed. i like the names weed and bud. i also think "dope" is just as bad as pot. they both make it sound so bad

Yeah I hate the word dope to. It is almost as bad. Dope is used for a lot of different drugs.

I hate the word pot depending on how its said, like if you say it nicely..lol like im selling stuff that doesnt look good but does the job, and the best way to describe it is "cheap pot" cuz sometimes what you have isnt bud(thats what i 95% of the tiem say)..its pot..so ive used it ocasionaly. when someone says marijuana in that negative tone it does that nails on chalk board effect to me, anyone who says it negativly does that.

For some reason i love the word dope. Thats what me and my pops call it when we talk about it. I dont really mind what anyone calls it, as long as the dont say "stop doing it"

Lol I Have Been Thinking The Same Thing

seems my parents and all older people call it pot or dope..i hate it..especially dope...sounds so..like a drug. lol...i call it weed,bud,bomb. usually weed. :D

I used to hate saying "pot" because old shits use it. You just have to use it casually. "Bud" and "weed" are generally noob words. If you've been smoking long enough, and are comfortable with it, "pot" can flow much better wth your sentences.

Like, for instance, "I gotta smoke some pot today." rolls off your tongue.

Noobs might try to say the same thing, but mess it up and say, "I gotta smoke pot today." which doesn't roll off your tongue

I use the word "pot" more often than anything. If you're going to use it, here's a tip:

Don't just say "pot" say "some pot"

I think "pot" is used more in the south, like here in Texas. It usually describes low-grade marijuana/shwag as opposed to nug.

Half-Baked ruined the word "weed" for me because of Jon Stewart saying "weeeeeeeed" so much. "Bud" is ok but its really quiet and discreet. People might also think you're talking about beer, which can cause confusion.

"Chronic" annoys the hell out of me. It's wwaaaayyy to pop for me. Some people say it to sound more "gangsta" or w/e but they can come off as poserish. I always think of back pains when I here that word.

"Kill" I like, "Fire" I don't

"Killer" can be misleading because someone might be talking about some herb that doesn't get you very high.

Whatever word you use, use it because it suits you.

Oh, and dope sounds stupid unless you're being sarcastic about someone that reeks really bad

"Been smokin' dope or what?"

yea...i feel the same way most of you do about the word "pot"

when someone asks me "do you smoke pot...?"
i say no...lol.

one of my favorite terms for weed is ganja!

i say BUD, i dunno if that means im a NOOB but its just easier for me to say i guess, everyones got there own term.. its just easier for me to say

hey

james (theoldguy), i don't see why you think that certain words and ways of saying things are for noods. its just the way you like to say it man. well thats my opinion anyway

i guess its tha people (parents, non-smokers, etc.) who haved used tha term "pot" that makes some of us hate it. i usually say weed, trees, ganja, or reefer. has anybody heard people say "turtle" ? i dont no but it makes me laugh when i hear it.

TheOldGuy said:
More people learn "weed" first

Very true.

Some of my family thats like, 40 years old, they still say weed, i guess its becuase there kinda old school so they say it like that... But yeah most people learn it as weed first..

Holy shit very old thread batman lol!

I usually say weed, bud or green all pretty commonly. Pot doesn't bother me but I can say that I don't use that term for it. I do hate dope because it puts it on a whole other level. Makes it sound like a hardcore drug because dope is a common name for other drugs too, and I hate weed referred to as dope.

Lately, Ganja has been a classy word for MJ to me. The more I use that term for it, the more I like it.

Nah pots fine to me, it is one of the worst names for weed but mehh

what pisses me off is when people call it dope. The narrators on documentaries all call it dope and its so fucking annoying makes it sound so bad...

Back
Top Bottom