Netflix series - Disjointed - Discuss - Like it? Hate it?

AinWA

Have you binged "Disjointed" on Netflix yet? If not - Spoiler Alert. Stop now.

Pros:

I love to see unknown actors and Kathy Bates was a good choice to lead this cast. The faux commercials were the best part, and I really enjoyed the animated segments that illustrated the experience of PTSD. Some of the jokes really hit home, like Olivia's fantasy about the Potographer - which came to a screeching halt the minute he opened his mouth. Also liked that the entire show could be raunchier due to not being on a broadcast

Cons:

I've been so deep into long drama series (Breaking Bad, The Expanse, Better Call Saul, Ray Donovan) that sitcom characters seem so utterly flat to me these days. I rarely watch them anymore, preferring Archer or Rick and Morty if I want 30 minutes of entertainment that will make me laugh. And what is up with the incessant toking at all times, everywhere? I've only had limited experience with the operations of one dispensary in Arcata, CA. Everyone toked up but there was a designated spot to do so, not wherever you wanted to and certainly not at the security desk. And how do people that are ambivalent about weed (at least one character was) end up working in a dispensary when they probably have stacks of resumes from avid stoners.

I'd watch the next season simply for the faux commercials and animation.

My Boyfrent HATED it.

I've only watched the first two episodes so far and found it fun but not great. I'm not big into sitcoms but it's only a half hour per episode. I'll probably keep watching, at least for now.

I was excited for this thinking something along the line of Weeds but a comedy. It started and the laugh track hinted that this wouldn't be a good one for me. Watched the whole first episode and realized that it wasn't for me at all. Thought maybe you had to be high to enjoy it, but my girlfriend who was high let me down gently. Big thumbs down.

I'm not sure if I like it I think if i were to enjoy comedy more i would have to be high. It seems it doesn't take off like Big Bang theory. I thought it would about pot and something fun to watch and jokes would be great. But I'm gonna watch it when i have had a bit of weed tomorrow and see if it it cheers me up a little.

Love this show. It has it's amazing moments, then it has it's terrible ones....

Ti.kwon.doug dank and dabby are the only funny ones and it needs to stay that way. The jokes from other characters seem forced and unnatural to me.

Unfortunately the faux commercials fall off in season 2. I do like how they added an actual plot of sorts, but feel like they need to hire a writer that actually smokes... they're are to ton of puns I have expected from the Chuck Lorrie orgins, but have been underwhelmed.

I also feel they totally omit the healing power of cannabis and bash stoners in general.... Which makes for a good laugh but only feeds into the overall negative stigma non cannabis users already have towards a potentially world changing medicine.

I am not sure if i like dank and dabby that much as find them quite child-ish at times and wonder if they are even old enough to be out of elementary school at times. I wish it could be combined with serious subjects like mental health, chronic illnesses, disabilities, coping with life's challenges rather just focusing on the comedy side of it.

Like with Big Bang theory, theres a lot about relationships and situations they all find themselves in whereas disjointed can be a bit too set in the shop

Has nobody else watched this?!?! Dank and Dabby are quite annoying I agree with you there
Yeah it got cancelled.... idk I kinda love to kwon Douglas!

Back
Top Bottom