This is why I don't play the Lottery!

This is my first year growing. I started indoors this February in a 2' x 2' x 4' tent. I had modest success and was encouraged to make a small garden outside over the summer. I learned a lot over that time period. Which brings us to this fall. I was gifted a feminized Blue Dream seed from a good friend. Germination was easy and it was a quick growing plant. I took 4 cuttings off of it just prior to starting flowering. The plant stretched beautifully and it was gorgeous. And then BAM Just as the buds were forming nicely out come the balls/nanners. A freaking hermaphrodite! I was told not to fret. That it happens to everyone especially with a feminized Blue Dream plant. So I cut it down along with the 4 clones (rooted by now) and pitched them all into the compost pile.

So I started over again.

Next I started a Thin Mint seed along with a White Widow crossed with Wonder Woman seed. Whole routine over. Both grew nicely. Two cuttings off each which rooted in less then 10 days. Both moms were in the 2'x 2' tent in flower. About 2 weeks later they showed their sex. No buds for my boys. Yep, both were males. So both in flower along with the 4 clones..........off to the compost pile.

So I started over again.

I started another two seeds....One a Northern Lights regular (Very bad luck with Nirvana seeds personally), took cuttings, went to flower, and yesterday found the first signs of boy parts.

Now granted all the seeds except the Blue Dream were regular seeds. And I know that 50/50 odds doesn't guarantee that if I germinate 4 seeds I'll get 2 male and 2 females. But sheesh at this rate it will take me till spring and outside season to finally get another female.

Just looking for some........"hang in there boy" or "your luck will change" type of stuff.

I'm not whining, I'm just disheartened is all.

On a positive note......my compost pile is doing quite nicely!

Welcome. Jeeee that some start beez0404, great you willing to keep at it. Now concerning the indoor grow it sounds as if you got environment sorted, I would find a better seed source or a clone from proven female or an Auto variety. may cost $$$ but reap the harvest out-weights the cost for me anyhoos, let`s know what seeds you acquire. You done it once You can do again again again evolving each time. Friendly helpful community here supporting each other with knowledge no end. Stick with it. regards

Back
Top Bottom