Weed and the Flu

CubsRule420

I know its a weird question but I have been feeling like I have the flu all day and I am bored cause I have been sleeping for over 15 hours now. When I took diversion they told me that weed will help people get alcohol poisining because it stops your body from throwing up the alcohol. Does weed have the same effect on the flu? Anybody know? Or does this seem like a stupid concept?

:sasmokin: You'll get a buzz going, although a little stranger than normal, but it should help w/ the body aches...you should sleep better too...as for the hangover headache...ever heard of motrin?:smokin: :15:

well i vaped and i dont feel like i need to throw up, but a nap might help. my head is not throbbing but i do have a head ache, o well i made it for 4:20 on my day off :allgood:

i agree with the high being weird, but it is great to know that you can still get high while being sick...cause who can really sleep all day without it? :hmmmm:

CubsRule420 said:
I know its a weird question but I have been feeling like I have the flu all day and I am bored cause I have been sleeping for over 15 hours now. When I took diversion they told me that weed will help people get alcohol poisining because it stops your body from throwing up the alcohol. Does weed have the same effect on the flu? Anybody know? Or does this seem like a stupid concept?

Good god what horseshit. You really aren't gullible enough to believe nonsense like that, are you?

Cannabis is good for what ails you.

ya everytiem im sick there is no burning even after a few days to make sure... because otherwise i get f'ed up and not in the good way

:smokin:Holy horseshit...what a rush, I just got through taking a vap load to cure what ails me!! I'll tell ya true...Our sacred cannabis has the broadest application when it cames to health. Just be careful not to smoke when you start developing a congested cough and your chest feels heavy...a smoker is more likely to develope bronchitis or pneumonia if smoking isn't curtailed at the onset. I work in the health care industry taking care of sick lungs and you don't even want to experience what pneumonia and the like could bring to your day. When you can't breath well, getting high is no longer your priority!🤘

NORML.ORG (if you don't know what they are about don't respond please!)

https://www.norml.org/pdf_files/NORML_Report_Sixty_Years_US_Prohibition.pdf

For example, marijuana alleviates the nausea, vomiting, and the loss of appetite experienced by many AIDS patients without accelerating the rate at which HIV positive individuals develop clinical AIDS or other illnesses.

NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

Both the marihuana cigarette and an 8 mg ondansetron pill -- cost to the patient, $30 to $40 -- are effective in most cases for the nausea and vomiting of cancer chemotherapy (although many patients find less than one marihuana cigarette to be more useful, and they often require several ondansetron pills).

:15: I'm guilty!!! I always liked Zed, I think he kind a reminds me of a former boss...great guy, but loved to through me threw the shit...:smokin:

Marijuana is an anti-nausea drug (prevents you from throwing up). If you drink while you use marijuana, the marijuana overrides your body’s built in safety system to throw-up when you drink too much and you could increase your risk of alcohol poisoning.

if you can find some information telling me this is all wrong please do i am interested...

thanks

:allgood:

:hmmmm: Dude...alcohol kills your liver and shortens your life...stay green, your body has receptors for THC, but alcohol was never figured into the blueprint:smokin: Man, alcohol should have class 2 restrictions and MJ should be readily dispensed in all states legally but still prohibit the operation of heavy machinary, DC 10 or sitting in judgement.:peace:

Meh, I smoke when I'm sick. I don't know, I feel like it helps me recover, and because I have no scientific evidence to back that, it must be a plecebo effect, but hey, if that works then I'm not complaining. I've caught many the cold via shared pipes, never really bothers me. Because it happens so often the colds never last long, pluse it keeps my immune system on it's toes, so I rarely ever get really stick. Been like this for years now, it's great. A little bit of disease from time to time keeps you healthy, hell that's the premise behind innoculations.

Ok. Ok. I will say I understand what you are saying.

I have a few problems pointing out logical fallacy and that is the fact that if people were so positive that these gov't officials were pumping bullshit through this story wouldn't somebody prove it incorrect.

If they did a lab study on people and made them drink and smoke weed then would they force somebody to get alcohol poisining to prove their side?

Your DARE comment, it sounds like it makes sense and it actually does I THINK...but I am not gonna say that you can not drink and smoke weed. You can, you can do it all day long and all day night (I have done it). I get what your point is, but the defense you are going about I think you need to say that their isn't enough evidence to prove either side correct or incorrect, but I do get your point. I am not sure though that smoking weed is good for you when your sick. Not that it would be scientific but it would be cool to give a survey to people. Anyways my last point before I take off for the morning is people that currently have a cold or anything that is irritating the lungs may not want to smoke, but that only makes sense. The studies about sickness and weed are so useless because they are only doing studies on people who are deathly ill as the government has told us that weed can kill us, but I guess the 25000 people on this site are gonna die from it someday HAHA :cheesygrinsmiley:

NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

"One exception is the lungs, where chronic pots smokers have been shown to suffer damage to the immune cells known as alveolar macrophages and other defense mechanisms.3 It is unclear how much of this damage is due to THC, as opposed to all of the other toxins that occur in smoke , many of which can be filtered out by waterpipes and other devices.4"

i always smoke when i'm sick. i never noticed it making me feel worse. if my chest is badly congested my lungs tell me not to smoke and i don't. but i'd always rather be sick and buzzed than sick and not buzzed. no links to back me up, especially not DARE. Glad you all stopped with the name calling.

You shouldn't smoke when your sick. Marijuana messes up your immune system which will make it harder for you to recover from an illness.

Sorry if someone said this already..i don't really read all the post haha.

:hmmmm: Now saying not to use it when you're sick is rediculous.
Med MJ is for sick people, like our AIDS & Cancer patients who already have compromised immune systems. Not everyone will feel that using MJ when you have a cold or flu would apply more to smoking that anything else...you can eat edibles or vaporize...:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom