Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The state of America

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, the rich pay more taxes

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit, I'm not fully knowledgable on American tax quotas. I do know that Bush 1 and Bush 2 have both given significant tax cuts to the upper class, making the rich richer and the poor poorer. Canada's tax quotas make somewhat sense.

Incomes are seperated into tax brackets. The less a person makes, the less percentage of their money is taxed. The more ones income is, the more of their money goes to the feds. In a way, this is a minor form of communism.

A household with two workers making $40000 a year each will have significantly more money than a household with one worker making $80000. Each $40000 earner gets taxed 40% while the $80000 earner is taxed 50%. Therefore, the duo income household which earns the same amount as the other will have a gross income of $8000 more.

Yes, our federal government takes about half our paychecks. It keeps are streets paved, poor housed, and kids educated. The only people that don't benefit from our tax quotas is the upper class, but they're already rich and most agree that the system is fair.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for 9/11, you're damn rights it was cool. To me, matters of great signicance, tragic or not, are extremely interesting. Oklahoma City bombing, interesting. Columbine, interesting. Washington sniper, interesting. These are the things that naturally spark our interests and make us think and talk. So what if they're mostly about death and destruction. The world is a violent place.

Besides tragic events, what else is on the news? Sports and weather. Not to say that they are not interesting, but they are expected to happen and we know they will happen. A weather pattern of some kind will move in. Some team will win the Super Bowl every year. But no one expects terrorists to kill a bunch of people at any given time.

It's the violent actions of humans that shock and surprise us. Everyone dies someday and it's entertaining to others when one is killed by a fellow human. It's called murder and it's much more interesting than than wether or not it will rain tomorrow.

Of course there is an obvious downside to tragic events. The victims family is in shambles for having lost one of their own. I'm fortuanate to have never felt the pain of losing a loved one in a tragic manner. For those who have.... what can I say? It'll happen to someone else sooner or later. Then you can be intrigued by it when you see pictures at 11.

Post Thanks / Like
    On 9-11, this girl Iris was very scared, and asked me, "What's going to heppen James? Are we all gonna die or something?" I said no. I told her that if the attacks were initiated by a country or a group of countries, we'd kick some ass. But if they were drawn out and executed by a terrorist organization, we'd try to root them out wherever they were, probably somewhere in the middle east.... I also said that if we couldn't finish the terrorists off, we'd probably use this as an excuse to take out Saddam and steal all of Iraq's oil.

Well what do you know?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good call, James. That's exacly what they did.

Bush and Co. gave three reasons to justify the war in Iraq; to disarm Hussein of his "weapons of mass destruction," retaliation to terrorism, and the liberation of the Iraqi people.

By outright lying, Bush & Co. made us believe that Hussein and Bin Laden were connected. They showed a video on CNN of Bin Laden and Hussein in contact in the 1980s. They neglected to ever show the video of Sadaam Hussein receiving the key to Detroit during the Regan era.

They said he had 'weapons of mass destruction.' It's true, he did have chemical weapons... in the 1980s. How'd he get them? The USA supplied them to ensure Iraq would defeat Iran. In the aftermath of the latest war; extensive searches have yet to uncover a single chemical or nuclear weapon. American troops discovered a "weapons factory," but British intelligence later found it to be a hydrogen balloon canister in a trailer.

Americas military takes great pride in its missiles pin-point accuracy. They believe collateral damage is practically non-existant. Over nine-thousand Iraqi civilians died in the latest war. More than three times as many people that died in the WTC.

And now the troops stay occupying Iraq. American soldiers patrol the streets. Accidental killings occur daily. What are they still there for? Just put some dictator in charge. Pay him handsomly for all his nation's oil and let him tyrade on his people. Let the Iraqi way of life return to normal and get AMERICA OUT OF IRAQ!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    nevermind

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a big fucking turnaround we are seeing now. Post 9/11 the polls said Bush was the 4th most popular president ever. Lincoln was most popular, then Franklin Roosevelt, Washington, and then Bush. Clinton was the least popular of all time for copping a blowie and probly a rimjob on his desk off some skanky ass ho on his own staff. But now it looks as though Bush will be branded the least popular president of all time. Which raises the question- WHY HAS NOBODY TRIED TO IMPEACH GEORGE W. BUSH???

Post Thanks / Like
    Which raises the question- WHY HAS NOBODY TRIED TO IMPEACH GEORGE W. BUSH???

im so glad someone else pays fuckin attention to whats goin on in the gov. it sucks that a bunch of 50 yr olds can determine our future. if more people like u were out there we might have a chance off a less violent place.

Post Thanks / Like
    no matter what the state of our country. Michael Moore is the last person you should trust to give you "facts" that man is a worthless liar. Instead of sticking to the facts (which are bad enough) he adds his own personal twist to stuff, and makes things extreme to get you to listen.

He's so worthless, his most recent letter to Bush, was disgusting. He makes those of us that see the President for what he is look like morons.

he does us no favors.

he needs to STFU and sit down. let the honest people stick up for our own country.

the only thing M Moore wants you to do is BUY HIS BOOKS! and WATCH HIS MOVIES... he continually knocks the media but does things to draw media attention to sell himself.

if you think he cares about you any more than Bush, then he's a better liar than Bush. know this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldGuy
    On 9-11, this girl Iris was very scared, and asked me, "What's going to heppen James? Are we all gonna die or something?" I said no. I told her that if the attacks were initiated by a country or a group of countries, we'd kick some ass. But if they were drawn out and executed by a terrorist organization, we'd try to root them out wherever they were, probably somewhere in the middle east.... I also said that if we couldn't finish the terrorists off, we'd probably use this as an excuse to take out Saddam and steal all of Iraq's oil.

Well what do you know?

you do know that the US uses no Iraqi oil, and actually imported our own oil for the war, right?

I just want to make sure we are all talking factual information and not what the left wing extremist think when they add one and one together and come out with oil.

I understand the oposition to this war, in the terms of war, overall... but oil? hardly an issue as we have no plans to import any of the oil.

here's what I don't get... a lot of people are against the deaths in Iraq of civilians for this war... but.

no war = civilians die
    war = civilians die

what a dilemma... and now, we've executed the war, and people want the us to pull out.

the last time a bush went to war with Iraq, the lefties cried foul, and eventually, we did pull out of the war. Bush Sr. patted them on the back and said YOU CAN DO IT. he made the people here happy. Saddam returned to Iraq, killed all the "traitors" and tortured and killed all of their families.

then the lefties said "SEE! we told you, we told you it would fail"

and what happens this time... all the lefties come flying out and protest the war, and all the righties are like... "whatever" ... and they push and push, ignoring the original outcome.

and if Bush does pull out... and the same thing happens... what do you think will be the first 4 words out of the democratic mouth?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12