Clean pipe keep resin?

stevie59

how can i clean my pipe and still keep all the resin i herd that you can take rubbing alchol rub the pipe around in it and then let it evaporate then roll the resin into balls..but at my local head shop when i bought my pipe the worker said not to use rubbing alchol becuase it weakens the pipes glass any ideas?:peace:

You can scrape your resin with a sharp knife or even tweezers. When you've scraped your resin, soak the pipe in isopropyl alcohol until it's clean. You may have to rub it mid-way through the soak with a paper towel or brush.

The isopropyl alcohol will not ruin your glass. The lady in the headshop told you that because she wants you to buy the pipe cleaner she is selling. You may want to find another headshop.

:bongrip: Peace

That cleaner (bling or 420) is just the same thing with salt and some other crap in it. If you don't want to keep that stuff, get some sea salt and throw it in there with the isopropyl.. shake it up and VOILA.. clean pipe.

Sorry WestCoastToke, but I wouldn't recommend shaking a bag with a glass pipe in it...it's a good way to break it. Also, if the seal on your bag isn't tight, you'll be coated in yucky brown alcohol. Trust me on that one.... ;)

I've tried soaking with and without salt. Honestly, I don't notice any difference in the time it takes to clean it. The salt is a nice abrasive to scrub the excess resin off, but that can just as easily be done with a paper towel or small brush.

If you stay on top of cleaning your glass, it shouldn't be such a big deal. I clean mine between strains and/or when the resin starts to build too heavily in the bowl. A 30 minute soak is usually all it takes to keep it clean.

Um, Ms RedEye, you put the pipe in the bag and hold the pipe. The bag is to recycle the liquid. I only use this technique with pipes too small to pour liquid in and shake it around. Be sure you have a good grip on the pipe before shaking it. This method is only for those too impatient to wait for the alcohol to dissolve. A good sandwich bag will hold a light weight pipe no problem, but don't go crazy.

I like 420 solution better than salt and isopropyll alcohol. They make an organic, citrus solvent which contains tiny pieces of silicone or something. The package says it can just go down the drain and I've never seen a drain get clogged by it. I think the ultra small pieces are good for reaching the small nooks and crannies. The pumice is good for coating pipe cleaners. Using a bag uses just a fraction of what you would use trying to pour tiny amounts into a small pipe. However, pouring all that silicone down the drain might not be the best idea. So now the question is, can our water treatment facilities handle silicone better than estrogen?

If I'm musing about water treatment facilities, I must be stoned and heading back to bed. Damn insomnia.

Find some Purple stuff or Purple Power at walmart, homedePOT, etc. It is EXACTLY the same as pipe cleaner stuff I have bought at headshops for $8 for 16oz. You can get a gallon for $5 at HD...just soak it overnight.

NOTE:, there is nothing left to smoke using this product because it's wicked stuff. make sure you rinse it WELL! happy toking!

I have a whole slew of tools..

paperclips..
the big saftey pins
a super super small crochet hook.....

formula 420 I think works pretty good...I do put my piece in a baggy and shake it...CAREFULLY. I usually double bag it too so the liquid doesnt go all over...AND I sometimes put a washcloth or hand towel in the sink while I am doing it just incase the bag slips out of my hand. I especially like the 420 for my bong...slosh the shit around.
..and boom...bong is sparkling clean and ready.

I have found that scraping as much as you can and then using extra hot water can work ok too.

but I never ever use anything that comes out of my pipe after I put ANY chemical in it. so if a huge chunk comes out after I put the formula 420 or rubbing alcohol in it....it gets tossed.

For cleaning a glass pipe, I just prefer a 99 cent bottle of isopropyl alcohol over a more expensive commercial product. I've got several glass pipes and I always make sure to keep a clean one around while the others are soaking. Waiting a little while while my pipes soak isn't a big issue for me. But if you're in a big hurry, I guess the commercial stuff may be up your alley.

Carrie, that's a good idea to put a towel in the sink while you are cleaning the glass. I usually put my soaking bag in a plastic bowl. I hold the pipes over the bowl while I'm rinsing them. In the future, I think I'm going to line the sink with a towel for extra "insurance."

Um, Ms RedEye, you put the pipe in the bag and hold the pipe. The bag is to recycle the liquid. I only use this technique with pipes too small to pour liquid in and shake it around. Be sure you have a good grip on the pipe before shaking it. This method is only for those too impatient to wait for the alcohol to dissolve. A good sandwich bag will hold a light weight pipe no problem, but don't go crazy.

I like 420 solution better than salt and isopropyll alcohol. They make an organic, citrus solvent which contains tiny pieces of silicone or something. The package says it can just go down the drain and I've never seen a drain get clogged by it. I think the ultra small pieces are good for reaching the small nooks and crannies. The pumice is good for coating pipe cleaners. Using a bag uses just a fraction of what you would use trying to pour tiny amounts into a small pipe. However, pouring all that silicone down the drain might not be the best idea. So now the question is, can our water treatment facilities handle silicone better than estrogen?

If I'm musing about water treatment facilities, I must be stoned and heading back to bed. Damn insomnia.

:hmmmm:

I can appreciate a nice clean pipe but diggin out resin to smoke is nuts. Ya know....I've heard idiots say that the resin in the pipe is hash....lol. Amazing what people come up with. Especially the one where people say, drink the bong water......it'll really fuck you up.......what the hell is wrong with people? That stuff is nasty.

Someone I was talking with awhile ago called resin "bong hash" and it really cracked me up.

-jps :peace:

Back
Top Bottom