Efferdent Cleaning Question

D.T.Hams

Hi guys,

I'm cleaning Fender, my first and favorite bubbler, its pretty stinky right now and I can't wait to see Fender in top condition again. At this very moment I'm soaking Fender in a water/efferdent solution.

My question to you wise ones out there, how long should I leave Fender in the solution for it to be back in tip top shape?

hope this helps...

the way i clean my pieces is buy the cleaning solution from a headshop/where ever, put some in a baggy and some water and put my piece in there let it soke for a while and then move the baggy around and see if all the grime and resin is off.

...basically i guess look at the piece and see if its clean, if not soak longer, or trying running it under the tap and see if moving water washes away whats left.

good luck.

Thanks for the reply,

I did try the iso/salt solution earlier today. I was pretty happy with the results, however I still had a few small pieces of resin just refusing to budge that I really wanted to get rid of. I tried shaking like a mad man, and then I tried blasting it directly with a squirt gun. It is realllllly stuck.

Thats what led me to the efferdent, I had some sitting around cause my sister cleaned her retainers with it a long time ago. I just checked in on it after about a 4 hour soak, so far some more rez came off and its amazingly clean everywhere except a few black specs. The ones that I wanted off the most!

The stubborn spot is near the business end, against the outter wall of the bowl itself (if I knew better piece lingo I'd be better at describing this). I could probably scrape at it. I have gotten resin off in this spot before with the wooden end of an incense stick with ease, I was just tryin to be pro this time.

Should I just give up and get some headshop stuff to clean it? I'm tryin to conserve cash right now. Its not the end of the world if I can't get the resin to budge, I'm only doing this to see really how nice I can get Fender (the bubbler) to look again.

thanks

You can get little pipe cleaners and any hardware store. There nice, flexible and cheap.

Back
Top Bottom