Purple bud

Bonethugs420

how many types of purple pot is there? I could be getting some "purple weed" and I was wondering if I would be able to figure what it is with a picture and smoke quality? I know its hard, but if it has the purple in it I thought it would make it easier.:rollit::peace:

Purple Queen
Purple Widow
Purple #1 / Purple (Dutch Passion)
Purple Haze
Purple Star
Lighstorm BX1
Sweet Tooth #3 (Spice of Life)
Blackberry
Passion Purple
Lavender
Amethyst Bud
Biddy Early
Purple Power
New Purple Power
Original Flo
Flash Back
Kilimanjaro
Purple Urkle
Shaman
Strawberry Cough
Sweet Purple
Purple White Widow?
Twilight
Blueberry?
Trance
Purple Tops
Hollands Hope?
GDP

There are purple strains, but buds can turn purple without being a purple strain. It's a temperature thing.

Okay. well I will pick it up tomorrow and have some pic too. I hope its some good stuff. and pretty cheap too. well cheap becuase my guy hooks me up

I laugh my ass off when people start freaking out about purple pot. It's nothing but a color. It's not any more potent or tastier or anything. It's just "purple". That alone adds $10.00 to a eight of weed to the youngsters around here who think they are getting something special. The older grizzled smokers are different though and most could care less about the color. I have a buddy who grow commercially and he only grows purple pot. Even though it grows the same and requires nothing different than any other strain. He get's more money off the young buyers. He even admits that most purple strains are less potent than most of the other green strains. Because of the color he can't grow it fast enough to keep people supplied.

Racefan, I have to partialy disagree. The purple I've smoke has a noticable taste difference. No, the taste isn't worth the price difference.

I hate to tell you this but there are now some strains are genetically purple, and cold is not a factor. Pls read the article here. Purple Pot - Tutorial/Pictorial

Not trying to cause an argument, but if you read that article closely it's still about temp. Those purple strains just change color at a higher temperature then most. A true purple strain will have a fruity taste to it.

Racefan, I have to partialy disagree. The purple I've smoke has a noticable taste difference. No, the taste isn't worth the price difference.
All strains have taste differences. From a skunky indica to a fruity sativa to a grape ape to a thunderfuck. They all have taste differences.lol The purple color means nothing though. Just a a way to market it better. They even make a additive now to help turn your pot purple. All because some people think it's better due to it's color.

There is a flavor and smell assosiated with purple... Like it was said before, there is genetic purple, but by far most is induced by low temps.... By my experiance I've noticed that purple buds are generally harsher, I guess due to less of a cure to preserve the color. Which usually is very dark, unlike quality greens which are very light in color, due to the absence of clorophil from the cure...

When you coming over for a bbq :-0 Allentown aint far away bud ;-) LOL

AHA I'll bring the meat, if you got the green lol. I got some pics of the bud.. yeah I was happy about maybe getting some purple bud. I will come back tonight and let you know how it smoked. yeah I know its just a color blah blah blah. :ganjamon:

I really dont care about color. I hit that joint twice and I was flying. we went hiking and smoked at the top of a nice view over a small town. and puffed on one and I was flying into the clouds.

Back
Top Bottom