Have you written your representative about legalization?

Have you written your representative about legalization?

• Yes, often

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Yes, once

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Thought about it

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herb Fellow

I enjoy reading all the comments about legalization and rallies and became curious as to how many actually write their legislators concerning legalization.

^ I also use the auto-send from MPP and Norml but only once or twice. I should do it more often and maybe write my own from time to time.

I write and stand amazed at the ignorant or closed minded responses, in most cases.

I have often wondered if they could use letters as evidence to conduct an investigation into the writer.

i got this response from sen. kay bailey hutchinson of texas.
Dear Mr. Harrist:

Thank you for contacting me regarding efforts to legalize marijuana. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this issue.

As drug use continues to rise in our country, especially among our youth, we need to send a message that all illegal drug use is dangerous and will not be tolerated. I believe that we can win the war on drugs, but we will not do so by legalizing marijuana or encouraging its use for any purpose.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator

i used a letter i found on the medical marijuana project website. i got an auto-reply from congressman chet edwards and nothing back from sen. john coryn. haven't sent back a reply to her yet though.

i send them to our represenatives in wisconsin, and they are all always so kind in replying. and oddly enough more say they are for the legalization concerning its medical uses than not, but we just had a vote months ago to be able to legalize for medical reasons. yet it was not passed. so i believe they only reply to what you want to hear, not what they really believe.

Back
Top Bottom