Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crackling buds?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: crackling buds !!!!!!

Yeah.. no flush. I had one come down in an emergency with no flush. I smoked it but every jay was the fourth of July. It was like holding a sparkler! Well not quite that bad...

I had no ill effects other than I noticed it didn't always taste right. Other people reported that it was stoney, but it gave them headaches.

If you got this from a dispensary. I would definately let them know, and let em know it's not cool. Nicely, but they should know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have heard that some bud is being kept too damp though. They use humidors in most of these now don't they?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The really scary thing about an improper flush is that when excess phosphorous left from fertilizer is burned it can produce radioactive particles in the smoke. Something they found out about high-P nutes used in tobacco production a number of years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Many say that is the reason they kill you. ^^^

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

High p can also cause respiratory inflammation, and swelling of the throat. K is the main risk with the heart, but we won't go there.

Post Thanks / Like

Excess nutrients, mold, "lacing" and other impurities should be avoided at all costs. Cannabis is not detremental to your health, but tainted cannabis can be.

The plant will only treat you as well as you treat the plant. Simply put, you get what you give.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum- "If You Seek Peace, Prepare For War."

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

^ i gave 60 and got an 8 of crackling buds. lol

Post Thanks / Like

are you sure the buds are not over ripe and could have produced some hermi buds which will make a crackling/ popping sound when you light them because there are tiny undeveloped seeds thats are hard to see.. How does the bud smell?? if a grassy smell then its definatly not dried properly.. I have come across this a lot and I personally don't think it has anything to do with flushing or nutriets. Could be one of two things.. over ripe and flowered too long or how it was as dried.
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

Post Thanks / Like

i think it was a bad flush personally. i got the bud a while back and havnt got it since so im not really worrying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaMan417 View Post
    are you sure the buds are not over ripe and could have produced some hermi buds which will make a crackling/ popping sound when you light them because there are tiny undeveloped seeds thats are hard to see.. How does the bud smell?? if a grassy smell then its definatly not dried properly.. I have come across this a lot and I personally don't think it has anything to do with flushing or nutriets. Could be one of two things.. over ripe and flowered too long or how it was as dried.
    Please clarify, how do you feel over-ripening would contribute to crackling while burning? Improper drying technique is more likely the culprit then over-ripened buds.

It is in fact excess nutrient and salt buildup due to improper flushing that causes this to happen 99% of the time. The real kicker is once it happens there is no fixing it.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum- "If You Seek Peace, Prepare For War."

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

well what I wanted to get across is over ripening will produce male pollen sacks which will polinate some buds and produce small immature seeds which will pop and crackle when you light it. Usually though this is a combination of both.. not dried out properly and over ripe.. Might look good and get you pretty high but it's not as good as it could be..

I see what your saying with excess salt build up which could lead to that and sometimes a big headache and also affect taste..
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If there are no seeds, there may be some mold.. mold definately causes crackling, but it may or may not taste different too.. If you're allergic to Penicillin, be careful smoking moldy buds..... Some people mistaken mold as white crystals.....

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

can you show any pictures of the buds or is it all gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggreenbuds4 View Post
    well in my case it was not seeds i only buy sinsimella no junk buds for me
    LOL then whatcha complaining about?

I think it could be undeveloped seeds. I've had this happen before where there are itty bitty seedlings in the buds. (I wasn't too happy about it) <br>I think it probably happens if the buds aren't ready for harvest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12