Freakin Federalis

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
I saw a news report that 6 collectives in SoCal were busted today

I was hoping someone here had the specifics. The names weren't listed on the report I saw

I guess we don't have enough going wrong in the US right now and really need to be spending resources preventing the sick from accessing their medicine

NBC11. com

Drug Agents Raid Several Bay Area Locations

POSTED: 12:08 pm PDT May 28, 2008

OAKLAND, Calif.

-- By Ethan Harp, NBC11 Reporter

Federal agents raided an Oakland office building Wednesday morning, part of an apparent sting of marijuana growing operations across the Bay Area.

A DEA spokesperson could not comment on details of the warrant served at 3333 Telegraph, near 35th Street, where a sign out front reads "Digitized Medical Records," except to say it was part of an ongoing narcotics investigation.

Those working at a bakery across the street told NBC11's Ethan Harp they saw marijuana plants and growing equipment brought out by agents, who arrived around 6 a.m.

No arrests have been made.

A source close to the investigation tells NBC11 News a medical marijuana dispensary in San Mateo was also among the targets.

Further details have not been released due to a sealed search warrant, a DEA spokesperson said.

In December, landlords of buildings where possession or growing of marijuana may be occurring, received a letter from the DEA warning they too could be held responsible if they are aware of marijuana-related activity on their property.

The federal government does not recognize Proposition 215, the California initiative that legalizes marijuana for medicinal use in some cases.

nbc11. com/newsarchive/16415993/detail. html

I saw a news report that 6 collectives in SoCal were busted today

I was hoping someone here had the specifics. The names weren't listed on the report I saw

I guess we don't have enough going wrong in the US right now and really need to be spending resources preventing the sick from accessing their medicine

So it seems one guy who owned 6 dispensaries was busted. Someone got in an accident so they charge the store's owner?

What's next charging the gun stores every time someone uses a gun improperly.

my apologies for the spam in there ^

Damn seems a bad day all around, the incident I was referring to was Compton. Apparently more BS happened up in the Bay area

Here's what you were looking for:

Marijuana clinic owner is arrested

By Scott Glover

Los Angeles Times

LOS ANGELES — The owner of six Los Angeles-area medical-marijuana dispensaries was arrested by federal agents Tuesday after an investigation sparked by a traffic accident in which a motorist allegedly high on the dispensaries' products plowed into a parked sport-utility vehicle, killing the driver and paralyzing a California Highway Patrol officer.

After the Dec. 19, 2007, accident, investigators found "a large amount of marijuana and marijuana edibles" in the pickup driven by the suspect, Jeremy White, 20, according to federal authorities.

Investigators traced the marijuana to the Holistic Caregivers facility in Compton, one of six dispensaries owned and operated by Virgil Grant, 41.

Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents set up undercover buys at each of the facilities in which an operative with "no serious medical ailments" was sold medicinal marijuana, according to an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.

Grant and his wife, Psytra Grant, 33, were arrested Tuesday at their home in Carson after being charged in a 41-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury last week.

The sale of marijuana for medical purposes is allowed under California law. But federal law bans its sale under any circumstances. Federal authorities tend to prosecute cases in which dispensaries are not in compliance with state law or in which there is some other aggravating factor.

White was charged with gross vehicular manslaughter and is awaiting trial.

Copyright © 2008 The Seattle Times Company

Thats complete bullshit. The Feds dont wanna recognize the California law making marijuana legal to patients but they want to continue to arrest, imprison, and ruin peoples lives. The people arent breaking the law. and fuck federal law- they arent here to protect us. started a war in iraq thats costin us billions on billions, started a war on drugs which is bringing out more dangerous fucked up people in the first place cuz they have to protect they selves. really what the hell does the "man" think hes doing.

Back
Top Bottom