Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to clean bong?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean bong?

is your bong a straight pipe or beaker style?? With my roor beaker I usually just use 420 but 70-90% iso alcohol with either sea salt or kosher salt (larger grain) does the trick too.. Just really depends on how caked on the resin is
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaMan417 View Post
    is your bong a straight pipe or beaker style?? With my roor beaker I usually just use 420 but 70-90% iso alcohol with either sea salt or kosher salt (larger grain) does the trick too.. Just really depends on how caked on the resin is
    Ahhh but RooRs are some much easier to clean then any Pyrex pipe out there.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum- "If You Seek Peace, Prepare For War."

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

haha I have always wanted a pyrex But I'm looking into getting a vape next.. volcano
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

as a head shop owner, i should be promoting some kind of bong cleaner... but i'll be totally honest with you... rubbing alcohol works the best. and it's cheap! You can use 70% or 99%.. and try to get a brush.... just make sure you rinse it welll.. Rubbing alcohol can be used for acrylic and glass for sure, with cermamics you may want to use an actual bong cleaner... but most are made with rubbing alcohol properties anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a strong supporter of alcohol and rice or salt.

If you have a bong that is compex in shape with little nooks and crannys, use salt because it is water soluble and if it happens to get stuck in a crevice it can dissolve...

Rice gets stuck and then you have to look at a piece of rice in your intriquite design work which can be disappointing. But straight tubes and simple designs rice works awesome.

So either or...
    "The longest journey is the journey inwards of him who has chosen his destiny, who has started upon his quest for the source of his being." - Dag Hammarskjold

Post Thanks / Like

Im planning on getting a bong with a bent..Not a straight one..
    Marijuana

Post Thanks / Like

Like the one on my avatar..I'm planning on ordering that one off of a website..Or going to get one similar to it in a head shop
    Marijuana

Post Thanks / Like

I like that...

Get a good diffuser and an ash catcher and you'll never be happier!
    "The longest journey is the journey inwards of him who has chosen his destiny, who has started upon his quest for the source of his being." - Dag Hammarskjold

Post Thanks / Like

diffuser and ash catcher?..
    Marijuana

Post Thanks / Like

Diffuser- A downstem with many small holes cut into the bottom end. This increases the surface area of the smoke to the water. Increased surface area means smaller bubbles and smaller bubbles means a cooler, smoother smoke.

Ash Catcher- A second water receptacle added onto a waterpipe between the bowl and the downstem. This adds an additional water filter onto the pipe. It cools the smoke additionally while keeping ash out of the main water in the base of the pipe. Kind of like having a smaller bong attached to a larger one.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum- "If You Seek Peace, Prepare For War."

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RooRman View Post
    Diffuser- A downstem with many small holes cut into the bottom end. This increases the surface area of the smoke to the water. Increased surface area means smaller bubbles and smaller bubbles means a cooler, smoother smoke.

Ash Catcher- A second water receptacle added onto a waterpipe between the bowl and the downstem. This adds an additional water filter onto the pipe. It cools the smoke additionally while keeping ash out of the main water in the base of the pipe. Kind of like having a smaller bong attached to a larger one.

Thank you my friend.

An ash catcher is more handy if you already have a diffuser so that small particles stay out of the smaller holes of the diffuser... Less cleaning... Better smoke all around.

Post Thanks / Like

Can i just use alcohol and salt to clean bong like the one on my avatar?
    Marijuana

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mate, did you even bother to read the answers to your initial post on this thread. 3 members have said "YES!"
    You are wasting my time and the time of members who offer the correct advice. Thread closed!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12