How do you pack your bowl?

signman2007

I guess what I am getting at is how does everyone handle their weed before it goes into the [fill in with your choice smoking device] to be smoked and by that I mean:

1) Do you use a grinder
2) Do you just shread it up with your fingers
or
3) Are you like me and hold the stem and gently trim the bud into small pieces with a pair of scissors.

now comes the second question

When done breaking up your weed

1) Do you pack your bowl down and tightly fill it up to capacity
or
2) Like me place the finely cut pieces loosely into the bowl and gently push down so the pieces will take flame

Just curious as I was sitting here NOT sleeping again! :smokin:

If it's some average middies I'm smoking I will use my fingers. If it's some quality nugget I will snip away at the buds with manicuring scissors. In both situation the weed is broken up onto a folded piece of laminated paper. Right now it's a coupon no bigger than my hand. I use the tray to catch stray pieces and to funnel the weed into the bowl head. The tray also keeps the nug and trichomes from sticking to your hands as you pack.

For those who don't have a grinder a quick trick is to put some bud in a shot glass (double shot if you have one) and then snip up the bud with a pair of scissors. Be careful the bud doesn't fly out of the shot glass which is why using a double shot is easier.

Grinder, lightly pack into bowl with Bic lighter (giving attention to edges of bowl as to not clog the pipe). This method gives me the smoothest smoking bowl I've ever tried. After 4 or so rips--green hits--no need to light it again.

Grinder, lightly pack into bowl with Bic lighter (giving attention to edges of bowl as to not clog the pipe). This method gives me the smoothest smoking bowl I've ever tried. After 4 or so rips--green hits--no need to light it again.

That's definitely the best pack. You don't always get it perfect but it's a guaranteed clean smoke. No clogged bowls.

Yeah I forgot about bag weed (been so long), I would just stuff that in to but I am interested in how people treat their good stuff and for me proper handling for best trichome retension all the way until it hits the heat source thus garaunteeing the best toke from that strain. As we all know and read bag weed does indeed start out as good cannabis before they HANDLE it the wrong way at harvest.

Thanks for the input guys/ and girls it is very intersting to me because I treat my meds like it is my life.:peace:

The good nug gets scissors above a laminated tray to save the trichomes. If it is real fluffy or dry I will almost pull off nuggets or just gently separate them so they can be packed. The stuff is so dry or fluffy that it will burn as long as the bowl itself isn't clogged.

If I'm really worried about the potency of a nug, I pick a bowl sized one and insert it right into my pipe, holding the stem, then i push it down slightly and snap off what stem I can by bending sideways...

Other than that, I use my grinder.

Interesting question.

Unlike you I use a grinder (although I've got scissors for those little buggars that don't grind well)

Like you I gently pack down for easier flammage.

:bongrip:

break a small nug for the bottom, this helps it cherry, then grab fresh grounds, and lightly sprinkle onto the bowl until filled to the brim. pack this layer down, until it takes up the bottom half of the bowl. then take more fresh grounds, layer them on top and finish it of with a very slight press to hold everything together. nows when you choose your toppings, maybe a dusting of kief, or a bit of honey.

after a hit or two, it will cherry, all the way until the bowl is cashed.

i have used the same technique when packing smaller bowls and it works perfect, just vary the amount.

:joint:

everything goes into my grinder but i disect each piece first by hand, placing it into my grinder...i like my weed dry so it grinds easier and burns evenly imo...if im smoking something that may have seeds in it (im not too picky most times lol) i'll give the grinder a half twist and then open it up to pick out any seeds/stem pieces with tweezers...i then grind up the rest and dump it into a little 1/3 cup piece of tupperware which is where i keep it til i smoke it all..i only grind up enough for the afternnon or so at a time...when i pack a bong hit i'll swirl my grinds in my cup to seperate the finer dustings from the heavier buds and then i pack my bowl with the heavier stuff first. then i sprinkle the finer weed on top to fill in the open cavities...then i light and fly..... :bong:

break a small nug for the bottom, this helps it cherry, then grab fresh grounds, and lightly sprinkle onto the bowl until filled to the brim. pack this layer down, until it takes up the bottom half of the bowl. then take more fresh grounds, layer them on top and finish it of with a very slight press to hold everything together. nows when you choose your toppings, maybe a dusting of kief, or a bit of honey.

after a hit or two, it will cherry, all the way until the bowl is cashed.

i have used the same technique when packing smaller bowls and it works perfect, just vary the amount.

:joint:

My sister turned me on to this in a different order. She says keif and oils catch and burn too fast, or evaporate away, when left on the top. She gets better results when she puts her "toppings" between layers. They get hot and almost vape before they burn... I've tried it and would have to say she's right.

Well it depends on the quality of weed im smoking. if its just some regular middies then i'll either shred it by hand or use some scissors, generously pack the bowl and spark it. if its some grade A stuff then just the scissors or if a grinder is handy then i'll use that. lightly pack the bowl, push down the weed tenderly -sit back relax and enjoy.

I always smoke the highest grade. I always grind it up with a Space Case grinder and dump that into my kif box. I scoop it out with a credit card, and lightly drop into bowl. I only load enough for one hit. The green hit is always best, why not always smoke green? If I don't have my kif box I dump the grinder on a small sheet of paper to funnel into bowl. I never pack the bowl down, no need. I use a Phedor to light it. Butane lighters suck ass and the taste is terrible. I'd rather use a wooden match than a butane lighter, after the sulfur has burned away of course. But you get the best taste that way and the whole bowl will burn.

Pick up a big bud,
Seperate a sub-bud about the size of the bowl in question,
Put it in bowl (stem up), if the stem is long enough-trim it (fingernails) and remove.
If needed, mash the bud into the bowl.
Apply fire.

(You're right! I'm not a conniseurre.)

Such diversity in such a simple thing...I love the individualism that comes with cannabis yet we all share common ground! :peace:

I hold the bud by the stem and bust it up as finely as I can with scissors, remove any little remaining stems, then load the busted material into the bowl and lightly pack it in.

I wish I could say I also have to remove a seed here and there, but I haven't found any in a long time. I've been praying for some bagseed, but it never comes. :(

I usually always use my fingers to break up my bud and pack it lightly. Everyone gets on me because I take 10 years to pack a bowl beause they are always ina hurry to smoke. I just like to take my time and enjoy the herb before we smoke it. :grinjoint:

If it's good stuff....I'll hold the bud and carefully cut it with the scissors until it falls in the bowl. Then I carefully press it down so it'll take the flame.
If it's ok stuff or mid...I'll grind it and pack it down full with as much as I can.
Oh...and this is all in my wonderful bubbler.
Aww man...all this talk makin me hungry...I'm out:(
Oh well it happens...I'll get it tom.:bong:

I have to use a vape whish I grind med coarse and tamp very lightly. The hose I rigged to go thru a mason jar ice bong then to me. Doctor said the heat from the smoke does a lot of damage and I had throat cancer. Grind med coarse..tamp lightly . ENJOY
zion

Back
Top Bottom