Canadian drug busts

SeaN2

Is it me or is the Canadian government gettin annoyed with everyone thinking they have slack pot laws
The laws are relaxed but god damn there was a drug bust 4 min away from my house the other night
1.8 million in pot seized
police said the house was solely used to grow pot
wall to wall hydroponic setups as well as about 16k in cash
668 plants were found.

anyway to get to my point- I KNOW there is a few canadians on these boards so how bout some canadian news items?

I live in Winnipeg and it's nice to see that the police are more concerned on the pot-grow operations rather then people using the drug for personal use. Winnipeg's Police division have found $3million in grow ops in 2004 alone while they found $11million in all of 2003.

A close friend of mine in the WPD Drug-Unit told me that 100+ Plants is considered commercial whilst 1-99 plants is considered for personal use. He told me that if anyone wanted to grow they should be below that 100 limit because it gets harsh past the 100 plant limit.

you know, the only reason you're seeing drug busts now is because they're tracking OTHER drugs and finding pot along the way. besides, america is riding canada's ass trying to get them to tighten their laws. a lot of the busts you're gonna see right now are basically canada doing to bare minimum to calm bush down. its all bullshit

imma_rebel said:
yeah I gotta agree, damn Bush he fucked a lot of shit up eh, but paul martin is actually somewhat thinking about legalizing

Actually, Primer Minister Paul Martin will never leaglize marijuanna, rather he will continue with the proposed decriminalization of pot. There were talks of a 1/2 ounce limit but they are now thinking around 5 grams of pot.

I'm quite certain that, baring some social revolution, marijuanna will never be leaglized in North America.

i was pretty sure that martin was shooting for a 7 gram limit for decriminalizationg (fine and no criminal record up to that limit)

yea i agree wiht that, finding other drugs and then stumbling on pot
i mean nobody has any mushrooms anymore, no acid, crack/snorting coke and pot are the biggest in winnipeg now i think.

anyone know anything about a change in laws on carrying a pipe?
i would hate to loose my lil slugger, but gettin fined for pot i would not mind if i had to get busted

Back
Top Bottom