Sativa & Indica?

So for sever chronic pain and muscle spasms 24/7
which would be best for me, oh ya I also can't sleep for more then 2 hours at a time due to pain.
which med. would work best for me ?
Thank you.
dawg:peace:

Here's the way I look at it:

Sativa - functional

Indica - nonfunctional

:peace:

"So for sever chronic pain and muscle spasms 24/7
which would be best for me, oh ya I also can't sleep for more then 2 hours at a time due to pain.
which med. would work best for me ?"

Indica

I not only have problems sleeping but I have Restless Legs Sydrome. Does anyone else have Restless Legs Syndrome and does Indica help with it?

;) ;( :/

I love that sativa but indica would work better for my wrists pain, growth plate distortion, but sativa still works and it gives me a good high where i'm able to go out and be active. Indica is more of a just chillin cannabis or if you wanted to go to the movies, most definitely indica would be the way to go, I love mixing them together, indica wins over the two but you get an "all out" high, your relaxed and giggly.

I not only have problems sleeping but I have Restless Legs Sydrome. Does anyone else have Restless Legs Syndrome and does Indica help with it?

Oh, I can understand completely! RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome RLS is a real pain, expecially if you are trying to sleep. Most of the time I have to get up and walk around the house to put weight on the issue. If I smoke some really good indica, it usually puts me right to sleep. As far as I know though, there isn't a real cure to RLS... I have always wondered why RLS happens. It seems like it should be a correctable problem, but it is one problem that has never been able to be medically fixed.

I have moderate to sever arthritis from many years of crashing motorcycles at speeds up to 200 mph (ex road racer here), resulting in broken bones, intubation (chest tube) multiple punctured lungs, and neck pain that almost never ceases, I cannot make a solid fist in either hand anymore because I have broken nearly every bone in both hands, I have floating pieces of bone in my knee, and have had several surgeries and prolonged hospital stays as a result of my injuries, I have broken my back twice, dislocated elbows, shoulders and in my last (career ending) crash I broke my hip completely in half, fractured my pelvis in 3 places and was unconscious for over 20 minutes.

Needless to say, MMJ has allowed me to ELIMINATE every opiate based pain medication I have ever been prescribed, as well as eliminate all of the arthritis medication I was taking and I stopped taking Ambien which was prescribed to allow me to get more than 2 hours of sleep a night.

I smoke one or 2 hits of Sativa a day for the pain and take a fat hit of Indica at night to help me sleep and it works perfectly.

I think I am one of the poster boys for MMJ pain relief in my area.

The real bummer is that I am such a light weight that most of the really good bud renders me useless and unable to communicate if I go half a hit too far.

I would say if you are at all light weight, be very careful with edibles.

The first time I ate a cookie, I was told to eat 1/4 of a cookie I got at the local dispensary, well I did that and after about an hour I did not feel a thing and I was still in pain so I ate the rest of the cookie.......
About a half an hour later, I had to call my wife to come and "rescue" me because I thought we were under attack by a foreign country and I was in fear for my life.......she was rolling on the floor laughing and to this day that very incident is the funny topic of conversation whenever we get together with guests or go out for a night on the town with other people.

The 2nd time, I used some canna-oil, and once again, I took what was suggested (1/2 of the vial under my tongue), well about an hour later, I was seeing things, hearing things and thought we were being raided by the DEA.
I locked all the windows and doors and made everyone be really quiet while I stared out the windows at the helicopter that was flying around over head.

What a fucking nightmare hahahah!
Now I have a regimen, one hit at noon and one hit at 5PM, followed by my bedtime hit, and when I am talking "hit" I mean, one little puff on a joint.....a joint lasts me about 3 days.

Thats my story.......odd as it may be..
Good luck with your pain management bro.

:smokin: I actually rarely smoke indica, although I always have some on hand. Indica makes me "stupid" where I can't hold a decent conversation...so it's perfect for acting silly, playing video games and laughing your @55 off.

Sativa on the other hand actually motivates me. My wife actually used to ask me to smoke some pot when she went out with her friends because she knew the house would be clean when she got back.

Sativa for Yoga
Sativa also puts me in touch with my body. Usually we walk through life numb to the discomforts in our body. Kind of like a frog in water that keeps getting hotter...they don't notice until they're dead. Sativa gives me awareness and motivates me to stretch and do yoga.

Sativa for Writing
If I smoke indica and have a "great idea" and write it down, the next day when I read it...it's like wtf did I write??? When I want to write something creative, sativa supercharges my brain and I can write for hours.

Sativa for Stimulating Conversation
You want to have some deep conversations, smoke a joint of Sativa with some friends. Indica, you'll be ROTFLYAO because someone farted. Both are equally valid.

Sativa and Depression
I do have to pay attention sometime. Because Sativa is so heady, there are times when my brain will go off in some crazy directions. So if I'm already kind of down, I won't smoke. It just results in a downward spiral.

Amount to Smoke
I'm in the same camp as Cachagua. I smoke puffs. I don't fill my lungs to the brim. I grind my meds and use a vaporizer. I'll rarely smoke more than 2 puffs in a day or eve. If I party, all bets are off, but for self-medicating, a little head change for pain alleviation, it does the trick.

Booklet on Effective Self-Medicating coming out soon. Stay tuned. :peace:

:smokin: Booklet on Effective Self-Medicating coming out soon. Stay tuned. :peace:

Bro, you mailed it on the head without a doubt!
My wife actually requires me to medicate before she will go shopping with me, she says it mellows me out enough to actually tolerate being in traffic, crowds or with her when she just wants to look at and touch every item in the store....whatever store it is.

If I was on an indica high, I would not leave the comfort of the car/truck to go into costco as an example lol.

Dude, when your book comes out.....count me in! :peace:

Is it true that you can put some bud in a bottle of rubbing alcohol and use it for arthritis??
if so what else can you use it for??

i find with satvia i get the cloudy head feeling and indica i just get a decreased controll of my body i prefer satvia because it is a funner high for me

Is it true that you can put some bud in a bottle of rubbing alcohol and use it for arthritis??
if so what else can you use it for??

IDK about that, but I have lotion (it's infused w/several things but of course, THC would be why I got it). Anyway, it takes approx 20 mins to take effect, but it works GREAT for aches and pains, but it doesn't have any effect on my brain. I use it for things if I need to drive or to take the edge off if I'm in a situation where I'm unable to smoke.

I smoke both INDICA & SATIVA regularly.
I find that when I smoke SATIVA I want to go do something a lot more then on Indica & I laugh way more on Sativa. I could smoke a lot more sativa then indica because it is not as strong.
I find when smoking a INDICA I am always at my house chilling with my friends stuck on the couch watching a movie or playing video games.
*Monsterbob420* I smoke out of a BONG :bongrip:

I have moderate to sever arthritis from many years of crashing motorcycles at speeds up to 200 mph (ex road racer here), resulting in broken bones, intubation (chest tube) multiple punctured lungs, and neck pain that almost never ceases, I cannot make a solid fist in either hand anymore because I have broken nearly every bone in both hands, I have floating pieces of bone in my knee, and have had several surgeries and prolonged hospital stays as a result of my injuries, I have broken my back twice, dislocated elbows, shoulders and in my last (career ending) crash I broke my hip completely in half, fractured my pelvis in 3 places and was unconscious for over 20 minutes.

Needless to say, MMJ has allowed me to ELIMINATE every opiate based pain medication I have ever been prescribed, as well as eliminate all of the arthritis medication I was taking and I stopped taking Ambien which was prescribed to allow me to get more than 2 hours of sleep a night.

I smoke one or 2 hits of Sativa a day for the pain and take a fat hit of Indica at night to help me sleep and it works perfectly.

I think I am one of the poster boys for MMJ pain relief in my area.

The real bummer is that I am such a light weight that most of the really good feel a thing and I was still in pain so I ate the rest of the cookie.......
About a half an hour later, I had to call my wife to come and "rescue" me because I thought we were under attack by a foreign country and I was in fear for my life.......she was rolling on the floor laughing and to this day that very incident is the funny topic of conversation whenever we get together with guests or go out for a night on the town with other people.

The 2nd time, I used some canna-oil, and once again, I took what was suggested (1/2 of the vial under my tongue), well about an hour later, I was seeing things, hearing things and thought we were being raided by the DEA.
I locked all the windows and doors and made everyone be really quiet while I stared out the windows at the helicopter that was flying around over head.

What a fucking nightmare hahahah!
Now I have a regimen, one hit at noon and one hit at 5PM, followed by my bedtime hit, and when I am talking "hit" I mean, one little puff on a joint.....a joint lasts me about 3 days.

Thats my story.......odd as it may be..
Good luck with your pain management bro.

damn wish i had that problem 3days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom