Bad CA initiative in the works

merickson

There is a ballot initiative in the works to drug test legislators.

Yeah I know, goose/gander, but this is a bad idea. There are too many piss tests already. There is no need to increase their number.

yeah i agree.. what is the point of drug testing? I still don't get it. How can an employer discriminate against an individual based on what they do in their personal time away from work?

There is a ballot initiative in the works to drug test legislators.

Yeah I know, goose/gander, but this is a bad idea. There are too many piss tests already. There is no need to increase their number.

can you explain to me why that is a bad idea? :popcorn:

they already drug test for a state job right? so why not the legislators?

they should be the FIRST to drug test! they are the ones that are keeping it illeagal to the public

Drug testing for non-critical (e.g. pilot) jobs is not safety critical. And should be stopped.

Drug testing should be minimized.

On another note, legislator is not a "job". Its an elected position. I don't want a chemist to have the power to thwart the will of the electorate.

I'm not sure if drug testing is required for all state jobs. I got a job with the UC without pissing.

i'm against drug testing (exception being safety issues). but i do believe private business owners should be able to run their business the way they see fit, right or wrong. its up to employees, customers and potential employees to either cave in or take a stand. this has only happened because people allowed it to happen. people can still make a stand and stop this. it might involve some personal sacrifice on our parts to take a stand. i've always refused tests when applying for a job. i missed some jobs i would have liked but my integrity is intact.

if local/state/federal gov. wants to test employees then they should start at the top. why not, they have nothing to hide, right?

I think drug testing is a violation of employees civil rights. Drug testing should only be done in the event of an accident or from reasonable suspicion from an employer. And reasonable suspicion should be spelled out in black and white. If the employee test negative he should have the right to sue the employer.

"if local/state/federal gov. wants to test employees then they should start at the top. why not, they have nothing to hide, right?"

They aren't employees, they're elected officials. I don't want drug tests to kick out a legislator elected by the people. If the people want them out, there is a recall system. (A candidate who chooses to be drug tested and have the results publicized is their own choice.)

Manditory (non safety) drug testing is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom