Thread: Tell me how to be a professional grower for the gov!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me how to be a professional grower for the gov!

I saw a show marijuana madness I believe. There was a guy in the emerald triangle in CA that grows weed for the gov for medical purposes. I would love to do this. I heard med weed has or soon to be legalized in NJ. Anyone know how I would go about applying or who to contact? I would love to give up my 9-5 and float around the gardens all day gardening. I have 5 acres in NJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tell me how to be a professional grower for the gov!

THats what i want to go to school for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Other than the one Federal lab that has the monopoly on growing for research (and 6-7 Federal patients), there are no other government grows to my knowledge. The State that came closest to considering a grow was New Mexico but this hasn't gone through.

The DEA has resisted rescheduling Cannabis from schedule 1 status (schedule 1 means it has no recognized medicinal value)

I'm not sure which show you saw, but to my knowledge the current state of our progress is to carve out a little tolerance from the government for medical grows to help patients

Post Thanks / Like

I think you might have misunderstood. The farmer probably sells to local dispensaries. As a patient in CA one is allowed to have 6 mature plants. I have some growing now and the owner of my local dispensary told me that he would buy all on it I wanted to sell. His offer was between $2500 and $3500 a lb depending on how it smokes. As my wife and I are both patients I can grow 24 immature/12 mature plants at a time. Now I need to get professional and grow it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To my knowledge the only government grown MJ is done at the University of Mississippi

Compassionate Investigational New Drug program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia