Coming along nicely

Flurple

Nug of the Month 3rd Place Winner (Nov 09')
hey all this is my second grow, the first one was terrible but i have the right equipment this time so i can only blame myself. just thought i would post whats goin on now til the main attraction starts up.

we are in the process of completing the aeroponic setup so i got some clones going, think they are on day 5
SDC10016.JPG

i was getting tired of making 50 knots to LST my plants and i dont like snapping the stems so i came up with a nice trick. since i am posting it now i need to give it a name... for now im calling it the achilles cut.

SDC10042.JPG

i know its blurry ill get a better one next time... just take a pie shaped slice out of the stem, i go about half way in then bend it over. it works great on stiffer thicker stems as well

taking out that piece of stem keeps it from standing back up and also allows it to heal without being exposed

heres how some of them look
SDC10049.JPG

SDC10047.JPG

SDC100351.JPG

SDC10031.JPG

SDC10029.JPG

and here are some ladies in the bud room (these gals were all LST or scrog...yes the scrog was removed)

this one i took out of bud room to check out, she is gettin a little yellow so i gave her some extra grow nutes
SDC10017.JPG

SDC100191.JPG

SDC100191.JPG

that is such a cool f***ing idea. how well do they heal up from the cuts? about how long does it take to heal?

i'm subscribed

how about a lowdown on your room, size, equip, etc?

+rep man

ive made a few goofy cuts where an edge hangs over or some of the inner stem is exposed... or gone a little too deep but i would definitely say when done right its less harmful than snapping the branches and it heals much cleaner.

i just started to do this a few days ago so only a few have gotten stiff and healed. ill go snap a few pics for ya.

when i start my official journal ill give all the specs but

the room is about 6'x15'
3200W total in 3 cool tubes
happy frog soil
advanced nutrients:grow, micro, bloom, and a bunch of additives and enhancers
i have some kushage and electric wheelchair

heres some pics for ya

a55.JPG

b57.JPG

c46.JPG

thanks for the kind words all. ill be putting up some more pics in the next week and hopefully starting the official journal

hmm i like the new idea...ill be watchin to see how it works out! +rep for ingenuity

hey setting sun, if they are straightening back up you need to do a little more damage to the stem. i have had a few of the thicker (pencil size) stems come back up 20-40 degrees even with the cut.

now i am pinching the stems a bit after i cut and its working much better. i dont have to cut as deep to get it to stay bent over. and they are less likely to be snapped off if i bump it while its still healing

im heading down to do some trimming and water. ill be back on later tonight hopefully with a few more pics

...o ya, does anyone know how long kneem oil can be used into the bud cycle without a residual flavor or smell? i want to keep the buggies off but dont want to ruin the flavor. any alternatives? some of my girls are on week 4 and some on week 2. they all got sprayed about a week and a half into bud

Hi poopie,

Looks great, great idea with the achilles cut! Cant wait to come home and visit you and the babies :0)

P.S. D-rock called you a dorkis malorkis for naming your cutting style.

<3 Koru

Gutsy move, don't know if I could cut my lady, but I have to hand it to you for a radical idea. Nice looking grow btw.

hey char!!! or should i say koru... im glad you checked out my grow... ill see you in a lil bit for thanksgiving... tell D-rock he can smoke the fan leafs when he comes here... and he can think of a name for the headache he gets while we enjoy the good stuff. ok just kidding... a man as sophisticated as me deserves equal treatment. haha ok enough joking. i cant wait to see you both.

that was my sis and brother in law

here are the most recent pics for everyone to enjoy...
after some trimming
SDC10088.JPG

SDC10089.JPG

left and right are about 28 days into flower, middle row is 14 days
SDC10024.JPG

close up of the 4 weeks
SDC10085.JPG

no complaints (more 4 week photos)
agg.JPG

i do have one that is yellowing a little early and finally got some good photos...ive been adding some extra grow nutes but, any suggestions?... im assuming pH isnt that far off but meter glitched out today, looks like a crack in plastic is causing water leak. im drying it out for a day but may need to return it for a new one. as of the day before pH was around 6.3 going into soil and 6.0 coming out. this photo is under fluorescents so color is finally accurate
formcbudz.JPG

if im just being paranoid let me know and ill relax a bit, just seems a little on the yellow side

thanks oldgrowerdude, shes a few shades lighter than her sisters so i was a little worried it was a nutrient issue. but the buds are bulking fast so ill call off the extra grow nutes

very nice grow:peace:

Back
Top Bottom