HH Microgrow

HHGreenHand

Ok. Im back and im ready to give this a 2nd shot. This grow will be more an experiment than a general grow. Im trying a combination of all height reduction techniques in an effort to grow and mature a plant inside an area roughly 10"x6"x7". Im using a small speaker box that I have emptied out, sealed and turned into my shot at a micro-growbox. At 10" high, it will obviously be a problem. Im not looking for a giant or a large yield. More or less to see if it is possible and to occupy my mind until i have a safer living environment. I will be LSTing from the first week, on. I am keeping the temperature as low as i can and above 70f to keep the stretching down. The lighting situation is roughly 6600 lumens of CFL, which i feel in this small area will be suitable.
design1.JPG

Ive started off with a single seed in a low-cut pot, a mixture of organic compost and manure and a general potting soil, and a very light fert mixture. This is after 24 hours of breaking soil...
Image21.jpg

Image11.jpg

I appreciate all advice i can get. I think that if this is possible, it will help alot of people fulfil their minor dreams given less. The budget of what im doing is around $25.

Im using 2 42 watt CFLs and bagseed to start off. I want to see how this works before dipping into some good strains. Im glad i've got people watching. It feels good to have a little one againm too.

I'll bet ya it will feel better smoking it when the time comes. Bring it on and lets do some growing, ye ha.
(STONED just the way I like to be sometimes)

You do realize that a large amount of blue leds will burn a plant if kept too close. Those panels need to be set high up along with the HIDs. Its the blue and red panels and the red panels that can be kept closer. I read the info on those panels and the leds.

Great opportunity for some LowRyder; maybe next time?

Thanks much, Moose. As far as the heat issue goes, the CFLs, with the front closed and no fan only bring the interior temp of the box up to around 80-81f. With the 72f outside temp and the fan, it stays at a steady 74f inside. I flowered 2 3' girls with 5 of these CFLs. Im thinking that the amount of light for the space in comparison for lumens/sq.m desired, that I should be ok. The growth is steady so far. No major problems. Im working on a Subwoofer box for a friend of mine at the moment. Ill post pics of both as soon as theyre finished.

I would like to know if anyone has ever topped a plant and used the LST technique. I feel like though it would be a good idea individually, together they could prove to be problematic. Thanks again guys.

The plant needs fresh air just like everybody else. Your co2 will deplete rapidly and this is the build block. Takes more than just light and water to grow a plant.

Im aware. I was only addressing the heat issue without the fan to show how cool it stays. The area my box is in is kept at about 70-72f. The CFLs inside dont create much heat and the intake and exhaust holes do the job. They get plenty of fresh air. Trust me.

This thing is growing like a WEED. No pun intended. Its been 2 days and were at 3&1/2". Just sprouting the 2nd tier of leaves. Id love to get my greasy little hands on some lowryder...

WELL, 6 days later and my camera is in another country being used by a family member so no pics for another week and a half. Were on the 4the tier of leaves and are at 4" tall. Im going to start using the LST soon and start wrapping the stem in a spiral motion upwards. Any other creative ways to decrease the height of plants? A lack of certain nutes? I know about the blue light spectrum but anyone with more info? Ive heard little and read even less info.

all I can say is the closer i keep my seedlings to the cfl's the lower they stay. If allowed any room they begin to reach for the lights. I move them ever so slightly, every two or as necessary to keep them short.

My phone takes terrible macro shots but this is what I get for letting my camera out of my sight:
2TOP.jpg

This was 2 days ago, sprouting the 3rd tier of leaves.

Back
Top Bottom