Jimi's Maui Grow

Jimi Garcia

vegroom1.jpg

Howdy. I hope you enjoy following this grow. So far so good.

mothers1.jpg

The two large plants are my Maui Mothers. The small plant in front is an up and coming White Widow. The Maui are from clones and the White Widow is from a seed that came from the netherlands. They are sitting under a T5 at 24 hrs. The Maui are a bit over two months old and will be cloned in the very near future. The White Widow is about one month old, maybe a little more.

Here's a closer look at the White Widow...

whitewidowmother.jpg

The Maui's look to me like they are pre-flowering. But Maui's don't do that, right :hmmmm:

preflower3.jpg

preflower1.jpg

My next post will let you know about medium, feeding and hopefully some new clones.

My next post will let you know about medium, feeding and hopefully some new clones.

Well that answers those questions lol. They look beautiful. If you add some detail about your lighting that would be great, too.

That was a grand entrance, Jimi. Welcome to the forefront of Cannabis awareness!

T5 High Output Fluorescent Grow Light 4ft 8 Lamp​

user0038.gif

The T5 high output lamps have extremely high lumen per watt rating: 5000 lumens per lamp!

Lamps have very low heat factor which allows the fixture to be hung very close to plant canopy, thus raising light levels.

In the picture the light seems to be about 2' away from the tops. is that where you keep it? The abundant growth is so dense and healthy looking.

When they were infant clones they were under cfl's until they were transplanted at about 2 weeks. Then they went about 1 foot under the T5. Then I raised the light to about 2 feet above them. Now they are a bit less than 2 feet under the lights. Thats all the head room I have left so its a good thing cloning time is here.

I've been watering them with water from a reverse osmosis machine. It fills the trash can you can see in the first couple of pictures.

reverseozmosismachine.jpg

The best filter to use is called Reverse-Osmosis. Under-the-sink models can be purchased at any home improvement store for around US$200. They will require cleaning and filter replacement around once a year, depending on how many gallons you put through it. The typical model can clean 50 gallons of tap water down to 0 ppm and 7 pH daily.
What is the best type of water to start with?

They've grown only in the soil (i forget what brand it was) with just a bit of bat guano and some quano tea a couple of times

Before I go any further I'll give you some info about my growing history.

I've made it successfully through three harvests. They were nothing fancy. My first grow was with some ok, but not the greatest bag seeds. I had no money to work with so it was the bare nesessaties. I used cheapy soil from walmart, cfl's and regular floro tubes. I fought pests, temp problems and just about every problem a newbie grower would face. But I managed to grow enough to supply myself and guests for a year and a half.

A friend of mine (very trusted or it wouldn't be happening) who saw the results I got with what I had to work with figured that if I could do that, then if I had a proper set up I should do well. So we are partners. He buys the stuff and I will take care of it.

So basically I'm still a beginner. Especially when it comes to all these lights and gadgets. My friend is also a beginner (never grown before), but he's sort of a know it all (I sure hope he doesn't see this). He figures its his money so its his say. It makes sense but since I'll be tending them I will do what I think needs done as things come up. I'm counting on you all to help me along.

The newest toy I've recieved in this.....

ezclone.JPG

I set it up yesterday and ran it for a bit to check it out. I didn't want to cut my clones only to find out that it didn't work. That would definatly suck. It worked fine, so sometime today I plan to do my cuttings and be on my way to the harvest.

Sounds like a thriller I'd like to watch.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"
~ John Lennon ~

Ok, so here is whats going on now.

White Widow mother on the rt. & 2 Maui mothers (maybe)
Would Maui auto-flower at 3 months under T5 @ 24hrs.?

mothers2.jpg

My partner who for the sake of this journal will be known as Buddy decided that we're gonna make some clones and then put these pre-flowering mothers under 12/12 and just let them flower while the clones root & veg.

30 Maui clones & 5 White Widow clones (5 on the right), day 3 . . .

1_clones_day_3.jpg

that white thing is a temp/humidity gauge i forgot to move. moved :smokin:

This is the Widow and you can see a couple of dis-colored leaves

whitewidow2.jpg

discolored_2.jpg

discolored_1.jpg

They've gotten more water than usual because I was anticapating making clones. But I haven't fed them anything except water in awhile so I'm probably gonna give them some mild guano tea this evening. Any opinions on the leaves? Its only these two spots on an otherwise pretty plant.

I have the clones under the T5 but off to the side of the light coverage. I pretty much need to keep everything as it is for a 4-6 more days. Then the flower room will be ready and I'll move the mothers and 12/12 them. We aren't sure about the White Widow yet. Maybe more clones, maybe flower it, maybe put her outside. This is not a commercial grow. its for our heads & medicine. So we have lots of options and need only please each other.

capedcrusader: Damn, your a lucky guy! I wish I had an investor to pay for all of my stuff

Be careful what you wish for :smokin: I have the equiptment paid for and also the extra electricity, but . . . he's a real know it all and a bit of a pot nazi. long story, don't wanna go there. But its not all wonderful.

So anyway, if I could get some opinions about pre-flowering maui and the leaves I'd really appreciate it.

Just bumpin' this up...any help for Jerry Hendrix...I mean Jimi Garcia?

Hey Jimi, Nice to stumble upon your journal, everything looks great! I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you about the pre-flowering of the Maui, I've never grown that strain. Sorry to hear that your situation is not the best. It's not easy being partners with anybody when it comes to marijuana... Best of luck to ya on that. At least you get to grow with some pretty nice equipment!

Peace :peace: :ganjamon:

:ganjamon::ganjamon: The spotting could be from the ladies being hungry for some food. I have to admit that those are some very big ladies with some real tight nodes. I have a 2 month old and she is nowhere near the size of your Maui :grinjoint: I can't wait to see the yield on those two babies :clap:

Back
Top Bottom