Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Stevehman's LED Buyer's Guide

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

Hi to all ,thanks Steve ,just got my first lights,from advance DS200 .First time the info here is great.have no idea what im doing but am going to do my best.:peace
    Magic beans liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

Quote Originally Posted by greengrace View Post
    Hi to all ,thanks Steve ,just got my first lights,from advance DS200 .First time the info here is great.have no idea what im doing but am going to do my best.:peace
    greengrace,
    Welcome to 420! If there is any information you need about growing with LEDs there are several of us here using them. Check out some of my journals as well as Jozo-sha's, Magic Bean's, Maer's and several others.
    Magic beans, Jozo-sha liked this post

Current: 7.0
    Finished: 3.0 4.0 5.0 5.1 6.0 6.5
    Lessons Learned
    LED Buyer's Guide
    Monthly Contests

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengrace View Post
    You obviously have some type of idea what youre doing

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic beans View Post
    You obviously have some type of idea what youre doing
    Obviously! Great lights! welcome greengrace!

Post Thanks / Like

good articles about led grow lights.

thanks steve.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish i had found this guide a month ago, some great info here thanks. i'm going to buy from one of the sponsors here. what to do with the 1 watt panels i have?

Member of the Month Winner - October 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheat berry View Post
    i wish i had found this guide a month ago, some great info here thanks. i'm going to buy from one of the sponsors here. what to do with the 1 watt panels i have?
    Craigslist them at 1/2 price

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Bassman59 at least i'd recoup some of the money, even at half price that would go a long way towards getting some 3 watt panels. thinking about getting the diamond series from advanced. my electric company says i use more power than 100 nieghbors, those smart meters are scary.i was running 3 400w hids.

i'm going to join the led revolution.

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wheat berry View Post
    my electric company says i use more power than 100 nieghbors, those smart meters are scary.i was running 3 400w hids.
    "Your welcome. Do I get a bulk discount?"

"The floor furnace at one end of the house went out so we installed baseboard heaters."

"Yeah, I know. 89 of those 100 neighbors are out of work and the other 11 work at Welfare*Mart."

"We're stockpiling it in case we have a power failure."

"Rotating stripper poles and strobe lights use a lot of electricity."

"You're telling me! I wish I'd known before I bought that Panasonic 152" Quad-HD Plasma television. On the other hand... Thanks to it, we haven't had to turn the furnace on once this year."

"I told those pesky kids not to keep opening the refrigerator door every few minutes."

"We heard CFLs had mercury in them, so we traded with our 100 neighbors for their incandescent bulbs."

"Man cave. 'nuff said."

"Multiple redundant power supplies, three 1.5 gig video cards, three 42" monitors, seven speakers, two subwoofers and an extreme water-cooling setup... But our teenage son no longer goes out and murders hookers and middle-aged nosy utility company receptionists on the weekend out of boredom. I'd say it's a bargain... wouldn't you?"

Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol! U tell 'em t.s.

Post Thanks / Like

Plan on buying 3x DS200's for 2 waterfarmed scrog plants in a 5x5 tent. Want a replacement for 600watt hid, ie same yield. Let me know of your opinion I've followed all your grows and it seems you prefer multiple small watt's VS a single large light.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryken View Post
    Plan on buying 3x DS200's for 2 waterfarmed scrog plants in a 5x5 tent. Want a replacement for 600watt hid, ie same yield. Let me know of your opinion I've followed all your grows and it seems you prefer multiple small watt's VS a single large light.
    Yep - multiple smaller wattages have the benefit of spill over lighting; for example, in my tent (a 3x5 roughly), I have 2 x 300's over each half of the tent, any plants in the middle of the tent get spill over from…ah shit…I'm too high to explain this right now, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jozo-sha View Post
    Yep - multiple smaller wattages have the benefit of spill over lighting; for example, in my tent (a 3x5 roughly), I have 2 x 300's over each half of the tent, any plants in the middle of the tent get spill over from…ah shit…I'm too high to explain this right now, LOL.
    Haha I hear ya, I got what you were saying. I placed order this morning and from mentioning this thread got free shipping. He talked me into 2x200w for a 5x5ft tent growing 2 plants on a 2.5x2.5ft scrog screen.

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wondering how you can get even light distribution in a square tent with two panels. Are you going to add a Light Rail?
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul

Post Thanks / Like

It won't be even, but remember it's only a 5x5 and both lights have a coverage area of 2.5ft x 3ft.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast