Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Stevehman's LED Buyer's Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

Yes, all of our LED chips are made by USA brand companies. Although we do not release the source of some of our LEDs due to the fact that our source is just that, our source. We can say though that our company has a strict policy of using the very best USA brand LEDs and enforce this policy using a verified proof of source. With that said, the LED industry is advancing quickly and our new lights will feature the biggest and brightest 3w LEDs from around the world including the USA.

This doesn't say made in USA--it says USA Brand company. Read the last sentence
    Fast, Cheap or Good.....pick two

Post Thanks / Like

Their current models (Extreme Flower) have chips that are all manufactured in the US. Their newer models will have the best chips they can find. Some of the US companies are lagging behind in the 3watt single chips so they will be looking at other manufacturers to supply the best they can find (not cheapest).

I think the terms barns and "made in US" are semantic, they meant that all of the current chips are made in the USA, future chips may come from other sources based on best technology available. I hope that clarifies that?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I believe what OG13 (and correct me if I'm wrong) is referring to is the fact that a lot of the US manufactures of LED's are getting out of the colored high power LED production business and have formed partnerships with other manufacturers around the world. In doing so, they share the R&D cost and split the business (with the US company generally holding the US patent and the other company holding rights in their countries). The US company then focuses on producing the higher output white white lights LEDs and the others focus more on lower cost, mass production, and colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevehman View Post
    I think the terms barns and "made in US" are semantic
    brands, not barns, damn auto correct!

Yes I agree on the US manufacturers partnering up with foreign companies to produce chips. That is one of the reasons Advanced has listed the non-US chips in their new lights, they couldn't get the best quality, large 3w single chips from a US company.

The new lights are now on their website.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for taking the time to share, excelent

Post Thanks / Like

You know, i told a spammer last time that they had no business here, at least this Alice Qu is advertising grow lights and not yard lights lol. But seriously, though, Alice, we are strong supporters of our sponsors here at 420, so please, if you're lights work nicely and you back them completely, sponsor 420, or please let us do the posting. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's really fascinating to me sometimes how people conduct business and hardly carry any professionalism, SOPs (standard operating procedures), values, and missions, which 420magazine has.

Some people have bitched about 420mag and its rules and regulations however I really just consider it professional, measurable and what needs to be done. The rules really aren't much to ask for IMO.
    Magic beans, SteveHman, Jozo-sha, 420, Be Irie liked this post

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The item they are selling is the standard cheap Chinese LED grow light... Google buy led grow light and you can find 50 different companies selling them for a few hundred dollars. Likewise a quick google search will reveal the following:

Wayet Lighting Co., Ltd

Think your light is worth it's cost? Simple solution, give a few out to the good growers here at 420 mag., let them do a comp grow with it. IF it beats the best on the market now, it will be reported and you WILL get a nice chunk of orders in a very short time.
    Last edited by Be Irie; 08-25-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: removed address
    SteveHman, Jozo-sha, Littllman2469, Thawk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And then also become a sponsor on the site, the light bills don't pay themselves you know!

Current: 7.0
    Finished: 3.0 4.0 5.0 5.1 6.0 6.5
    Lessons Learned
    LED Buyer's Guide
    Monthly Contests

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve, I found my way to your grow logs through google and signed up here to pick your brain a moment if that's alright with you. First and foremost I'd like to thank you for the time you take in your journals. As a first time grower myself this information is invaluable. But enough with the butt kissing. On with it shall we?

Having read your LED Buyer's Guide I now have some concerns regarding my choice in LEDs and I'm wondering if you've heard of them and your stance. I've got two of the basic 63w penetrators for a 24x24 micro grow tent.

The site makes some pretty bold claims but it was all very convincing. I'd hate to think I've been hosed as I'm usually a pretty informed consumer. Thing is this is very much a dropship operation and that has me worried. I ordered the first one and everything was fine but my second order I got really poor customer service. My light didn't ship for two weeks and when I contacted customer support the lady told me she was the only one who processes orders and was unavailable. For a company claiming to be industry leaders that seems pretty rinky dink to me.

So, short version, have you heard of these guys and what do you think? Thank you for taking the time.

-McMuffinFace
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 09-07-2011 at 08:05 PM.

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There was a thread around here about that place and its owner, but I can't find it.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffinFace View Post
    Hi Steve, I found my way to your grow logs through google and signed up here to pick your brain a moment if that's alright with you. First and foremost I'd like to thank you for the time you take in your journals. As a first time grower myself this information is invaluable. But enough with the butt kissing. On with it shall we?

Having read your LED Buyer's Guide I now have some concerns regarding my choice in LEDs and I'm wondering if you've heard of them and your stance. I've got two of the basic 63w penetrators for a 24x24 micro grow tent.

The site makes some pretty bold claims but it was all very convincing. I'd hate to think I've been hosed as I'm usually a pretty informed consumer. Thing is this is very much a dropship operation and that has me worried. I ordered the first one and everything was fine but my second order I got really poor customer service. My light didn't ship for two weeks and when I contacted customer support the lady told me she was the only one who processes orders and was unavailable. For a company claiming to be industry leaders that seems pretty rinky dink to me.

So, short version, have you heard of these guys and what do you think? Thank you for taking the time.

-McMuffinFace
    1st, welcome to 420. Second, I would stay clear of that company. All I can say is do a Google search on the company and owner. A simple whois search should let you know who that is. I am hesitant to send a PM until I get to know you better.

If you buy additional lights, try to stick with one of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by TorturedSoul View Post
    There was a thread around here about that place and its owner, but I can't find it.
    TS, the reason the thread is gone is because that company and its owner have been banned/left 420 for various reasons. Very shady goings-on with them.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 09-07-2011 at 08:06 PM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

-McMuffinFace
    I will only offer this. That company and their name are not welcome at this site, and your reference to them will probably be edited out soon.

The owner is unscrupulous, at best, and his/her ethics are poor, for what ethics (s)he has. I'm sorry you spent your money there, as our sponsors here provide proven performance with their units, and are honest and communicative.

That said, I do have one 63W unit, and I grew one plant with it - I'd venture to say that you could pull a nice single plant, scrogged, with 2 of them in a 2' x 2' area.

Steve may have more to add, that was just my two cents' worth.

- JZ
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 09-07-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well shoot. That's exactly what I was hoping not to hear. They have all these "independent" research video's but giving it a second look the color choices for font's and stuff are suspiciously close to that of the actual website. I'm wondering now if all of it is a fabrication. =(

Thank you everyone for the fast responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Well shoot. That's exactly what I was hoping not to hear. They have all these "independent" research video's but giving it a second look the color choices for font's and stuff are suspiciously close to that of the actual website. I'm wondering now if all of it is a fabrication. =(

Thank you everyone for the fast responses.
    The owner of that company is the master of self-promotion. I wish I could go into more details but I am trying to keep within the guidelines of the site. I'll PM you a few keywords to do a Google search and you can decide for yourself.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast