Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 330

Thread: Stevehman's LED Buyer's Guide

  1. #76
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    i asked those Chinese vendor about the prices of their lamps and its to expensive with shipping cost more then the lamp itself hehe ..
    CDL-Apollo 6 =90pcs 3w
    200$ + 200$ shipping lol that's 400$ for unknown power did not find anywhere how much real power draw it has - not worth even to try it for this price...

  2. #77
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Have you ever used the "penetrator 336x -pro" by hydro grow led ? I have been looking at possibly buying that model. This would be a first time grow me and have not seen anything equivalent. By the way my grow tent will be 5x5 ..using a deep water res system. Appreciate any feed back.

  3. #78
    420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Posts
    7,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro View Post
    Have you ever used the "penetrator 336x -pro" by hydro grow led ? I have been looking at possibly buying that model.
    I doubt that you'll find much in the way of discussion about Cammie's lights, store, business practices, or past accusations of criminal fraud here - and none at all that would be positive. Shim seems to have angered a number of people back when shim was selling everything from front clips to engines to complete gray-market imports of JDM sports cars that shim did not actually have - which was even before it was accused of threatening to turn a grower in to LEO when that grower made allegations that did not cast it in a positive light. From Googling, one gets the impression that such things are normal for shim, although I do not have any personal knowledge. Could be that some stories grow in the telling, though; after all, if even half of the stories I've read about shim were true, it would have probably been found (or not found) beaten to death and thrown into a ditch. So who knows?

    Personally, I'd give the sponsors a serious look. For one, their sponsorship helps keep this site in operation. I've not seen any negativity about them. And many of them participate here to one degree or another, which can be very helpful all around.
    paw-paw, Magic beans, Jozo-sha liked this post
     
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

    HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests


    Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

    If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

    If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul


  4. #79
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    nice work T.S. u may have saved a 1st timer from falling off a cliff.

  5. #80
    Member of the Month Winner - October 2012
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro View Post
    Have you ever used the "penetrator 336x -pro" by hydro grow led ? I have been looking at possibly buying that model. This would be a first time grow me and have not seen anything equivalent. By the way my grow tent will be 5x5 ..using a deep water res system. Appreciate any feed back.
    Do notice the claims being rather large, yet no light spectrums or real wattage are listed.

    If you look at my journal (disclaimer I'm a newb grower) you will see how one of our sponsors lights does from seedling. I'll have some new pics up today or tomorrow as well. And boy do my plants look good! I cant wait to get into flower!

  6. #81
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Kudos T.S. you rock! At first I had no idea what you were talking about regarding car parts etc..until I GOOGLED her name and found MORE than enough negative information regarding shady biz practices . Even though the the site looks great and the penetrator looks awesome..hydro grow led will not be seeing any biz from me...I will look into the sponsers that are on this site.....Now that being said....

    For a 5x5 grow tent which Led wattage would be the equivalent of 1000 watt hps bulb....From what info I have gathered 1000 w hps or equivilent would go a long way in helping produce big tight buds (providing nutes ,co2 etc work out)

  7. #82
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    @ Bassman checked out your journal and looks like what I have in mind. Looking forward to more pics thx

  8. #83
    Member of the Month Winner - October 2012
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Alvaro,
    My space is a 4x4 tent. I'm really only taking up about 1/2 the space for plants. If I had a chiller I wouldnt need those cold water tubs and could easily do 4 tubs in the room. With that in mind, if I did 4 tubs for 16 plants total, I would probably use 2 x 600w pro blooms. The overlap would be about perfect and one would be too small.

    I'll probably post new pics tomorrow. I think they'll be pretty nice. Did a res change on one tub yesterday and will do another shortly.

  9. #84
    Member of the Month Winner - October 2012
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Quote Originally Posted by cidly24 View Post
    do you know the apollo led grow light,the newest light,and it is uniqueness,The Unique safe voltage products in the world.have CE and Rosh Certificater.3years warranty.
    Was a pleasure to meet you. Have a nice life!

  10. #85
    420 Member SteveHman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro View Post
    Kudos T.S. you rock! At first I had no idea what you were talking about regarding car parts etc..until I GOOGLED her name and found MORE than enough negative information regarding shady biz practices . Even though the the site looks great and the penetrator looks awesome..hydro grow led will not be seeing any biz from me...I will look into the sponsers that are on this site.....Now that being said....

    For a 5x5 grow tent which Led wattage would be the equivalent of 1000 watt hps bulb....From what info I have gathered 1000 w hps or equivilent would go a long way in helping produce big tight buds (providing nutes ,co2 etc work out)
    In A 5X5 I would go no less than 800 watts, probably consider four of the 200w DS from Advanced or similar lights. Although I would most likely opt for more like 2 of the 600s. Yes I know that is more than the 1,000 you're replacing, but it will rock your tent and not require a huge amount of cooling. Not to mention the quality of the meds. I have a single 800 in a 4x4 tent and it's doing awesome, but four of the 200s would actually be better (because of the "3rd off" effect and spread out coverage).

    @TS,
    Thanks for the response on shim, I should have a cut/paste response sent out to people that ask. I must have sent 20 PMs about that company in the past few months.

  11. #86
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stevehman's LED buyer's guide

    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedSoul View Post
    ... Shim seems to have angered a number of people back when shim...
    LMFAO... I can't stop laughing. The shim comment gets me every time. I honestly don't think the quality of the product is as much of an issue as the quality of service (or lack there of). Shim's business practices is what has cost that company a large amount of income.

  12. #87
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Two 200w vs one 600w Advanced LED

    Hey Stevehman & CO,

    My first post, wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write this, great info. I was hoping I could get some more advice from ya.

    I'm looking to cover six plants in a 4x4 tent with the Diamond series lights from Advanced LED Lights and have been kicking around the idea of two 200w vs one 600w light.

    From what I can figure:

    Two-200w unit pros:
    1) LESS heat? If so, how much? Heat is a MAJOR concern for me considering the climate I live in and the location of the tent.
    2) Cheaper to buy two 200-watters than one 600w unit
    3) More coverage with two 200w units than one 600w DS200 Total Coverage: 3ft x 3.5ft Core Coverage: 2.5ft x 3ft times two lights = 6x7 total and 5x6 core
    4) If one light fails, I still have one to hobble along on.

    Two-200w unit cons:
    1) Need to hang/support two lights (no big deal)
    3) Less light = less yield?

    Two 200's actually put out less light than one 600w unit so, there will be LESS heat than with one 600w I'm thinking?
    If so, how much less?

    One-600w unit pros:
    1) Only have to hang/support one light
    2) More light = more yield?

    One-600w unit cons:
    1) MORE heat? How much more?
    2) Higher cost than two 200w units
    3) One point of failure
    4) Less coverage - DS600 Total Coverage: 3.5ft x 4.5ft Core Coverage: 3ft x 4ft


    So in short..

    Two 200w = $305 cheaper, more coverage but less light so less yield and less heat.
    One 600w = $305 more, less coverage and more light so more yield and more heat.

    ?

    There's probably little reason to go with the older "Extreme Flower" units now that the Diamond series is out yes?


    Sorry if I'm over-analyzing this but to me, it seems pretty split. Am I missing anything here? I'd really appreciate your take on my pros-cons and any suggestions you have as I need to get the ball rolling, thanks!

  13. #88
    420 Member SteveHman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by panicattack View Post
    Hey Stevehman & CO,

    My first post, wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write this, great info. I was hoping I could get some more advice from ya.

    I'm looking to cover six plants in a 4x4 tent with the Diamond series lights from Advanced LED Lights and have been kicking around the idea of two 200w vs one 600w light.

    From what I can figure:

    Two-200w unit pros:
    1) LESS heat? If so, how much? Heat is a MAJOR concern for me considering the climate I live in and the location of the tent.
    2) Cheaper to buy two 200-watters than one 600w unit
    3) More coverage with two 200w units than one 600w DS200 Total Coverage: 3ft x 3.5ft Core Coverage: 2.5ft x 3ft times two lights = 6x7 total and 5x6 core
    4) If one light fails, I still have one to hobble along on.

    Two-200w unit cons:
    1) Need to hang/support two lights (no big deal)
    3) Less light = less yield?

    Two 200's actually put out less light than one 600w unit so, there will be LESS heat than with one 600w I'm thinking?
    If so, how much less?

    One-600w unit pros:
    1) Only have to hang/support one light
    2) More light = more yield?

    One-600w unit cons:
    1) MORE heat? How much more?
    2) Higher cost than two 200w units
    3) One point of failure
    4) Less coverage - DS600 Total Coverage: 3.5ft x 4.5ft Core Coverage: 3ft x 4ft


    So in short..

    Two 200w = $305 cheaper, more coverage but less light so less yield and less heat.
    One 600w = $305 more, less coverage and more light so more yield and more heat.

    ?

    There's probably little reason to go with the older "Extreme Flower" units now that the Diamond series is out yes?


    Sorry if I'm over-analyzing this but to me, it seems pretty split. Am I missing anything here? I'd really appreciate your take on my pros-cons and any suggestions you have as I need to get the ball rolling, thanks!
    Why not two of the 300's that would be my preference. I am going to replace my 800 with either four 200's or three 300's or two 400's. There is a thing called the "3rd off effect" that basically gives you the advantage of a third light in the space that overlaps between the two. I have talked with the guys at Advanced and they agree more smaller lights are better than one large unit. The only reason to go with a 600 or an 800 is if you have a large tent or room that you can put multiple units.

    I have the 800 in a 4x4 and think the "hot setup" for that space is really four of the 200's, it would give an even coverage and be perfect for a full-tent SCROG grow.

    Which ever ones you choose, let me know and send me a link to your journal if you start one.
    panicattack, paw-paw, CascadianDank liked this post
     
    Current: 7.0
    Finished: 3.0 4.0 5.0 5.1 6.0 6.5
    Lessons Learned
    LED Buyer's Guide
    Monthly Contests

  14. #89
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHman View Post
    Why not two of the 300's that would be my preference. I am going to replace my 800 with either four 200's or three 300's or two 400's. There is a thing called the "3rd off effect" that basically gives you the advantage of a third light in the space that overlaps between the two. I have talked with the guys at Advanced and they agree more smaller lights are better than one large unit. The only reason to go with a 600 or an 800 is if you have a large tent or room that you can put multiple units.

    I have the 800 in a 4x4 and think the "hot setup" for that space is really four of the 200's, it would give an even coverage and be perfect for a full-tent SCROG grow.

    Which ever ones you choose, let me know and send me a link to your journal if you start one.
    Thanks much, that IS a little more than I was looking to spend but I'm sure they will really perform. What about the heat from two of those, any guesses? That really is my concern even over the price.

  15. #90
    420 Member SteveHman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry about the heat, they stay very cool. They have large quiet fans and the guys at Advanced do what they can to keep the heat low (like not overdriving the chips).

    I wouldn't go less than 600 watts light in that space. If you can swing pair of 300s you'll be good. I think the 200 is great for a 2x2 area (larger actually, but great for a 2x2), I base my recommendations off of that number. You could get by with a pair of 200s, and then buy two more after the first or second grow. They will pay for themselves quickly. Mention my journal and they should hook you up with free shipping. That will save a few bucks there.
    panicattack liked this post
     
    Current: 7.0
    Finished: 3.0 4.0 5.0 5.1 6.0 6.5
    Lessons Learned
    LED Buyer's Guide
    Monthly Contests

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast