Best spectrum from LED

deszczpada

Hi Everybody I want to buy a Led grow light and I got some information about spectrum of theme It is special for weed grow ligth and the spectrum of six bands 300W is:
192x 660nm, 30x 630nm, 30x 455nm, 18x 610nm, 18x 420nm, 12x730nm.

Im not sure about best spectrum so Please let me know it is all right ?? :Namaste:

Hi Everybody I want to buy a Led grow light and I got some information about spectrum of theme It is special for weed grow ligth and the spectrum of six bands 300W is:

Im not sure about best spectrum so Please let me know it is all right ?? :Namaste:

I can Help ya with this!

660nm = CHEAP genreral red
630nm = CHEAP genreral orange/red
610nm = yellow has no value to the plant
455nm = a middle shot, trying to reach both blue peaks i guess.. with 1 spectrum of blue??
420nm= not low enough to work in my opnion, go 410nm or lower like 380nm
730nm = poor attempt at IR needs to have 750nm to work..

Sounds like a cheap light.

:thumb:

I can Help ya with this!

660nm = CHEAP genreral red
630nm = CHEAP genreral orange/red
610nm = yellow has no value to the plant
455nm = a middle shot, trying to reach both blue peaks i guess.. with 1 spectrum of blue??
420nm= not low enough to work in my opnion, go 410nm or lower like 380nm
730nm = poor attempt at IR needs to have 750nm to work..

Sounds like a cheap light.

:thumb:

I'm not trying to be a total ass but I'm really starting to question if you did any research before making your light. Most of those wavelengths are dead on for plant processes or well within the LED >90% output nm range.

Chlorophyll A 430, 662
Chlorophyll B 453, 642
Chlorophyll C1 442, 630
Chlorophyll C2 444, 630
Chlorophyll D 401, 455, 696
Chlorophyll F 720
Beta Carotene 450,482
Phycoerthrin 495, 545, 566
Phycocyanin 620
Allophycocaynin 650
Fluorescein 494

just to name a few....

Likewise, the Emerson Effect was observed using wavelengths of 630, 660, and 730. This is a study that is cited in nearly all modern plant growth studies that relate to the use of specific wavelength of red light and the interaction with far red and infrared.

410 and below are getting into UV light. While there are some studies working with UV effect in plant growth, no KNOWN activity is peaked in the UV range. That does not mean there isn't any, Chlorophyll F was just discovered less than 2 years ago. If you want to read one of those studies I linked one in the UV thread.

FYI 610 is Red-Orange, 630 is Red, 660 is "Deep-Red" or "Crimson" per bin labeling of most manufactures.

If you have studies that dispute the wavelengths I have listed please feel free to link them and correct me

Hmmm, please explain what "well within the LED >90% output nm range" means exactly?

Look at your own post, look at the numbers on your list and the one provided by the other member. I don't see to many matches anyhow lol.

I'm not sure you understand my spectrum and thats why your criticizing it.

90% output range is just that. 90% of the power of the output of the LED is within +- 10nm of the LED's peak wavelength. This does very a little from manufacturer to manufacturer, but +-10nm is close. To explain that a little farther, If a company says that the peak wavelength of an LED is 660nm, 90% of all the light produced by that LED will be within the 650nm to 670nm range. As the wavelength covered expands, the intensity decreases. If you are still unsure of what I'm refering to, let me know and I'll post a pic from a datasheet for a visual.
Look at your own post, look at the numbers on your list and the one provided by the other member. I don't see to many matches anyhow lol.
The following will all get at least 90% intensity from the corresponding LED:
660nm
This will hit Chlorophyll A and Allophycocaynin

630nm
This will hit Chlorophyll B and Chlorophyll C1

455nm
This will hit Chlorophyll B, Chlorophyll C1, Chlorophyll C2, Chlorophyll D, and Beta Carotene

610nm
This will hit Phycocyanin

420nm
This will hit Chlorophyll A

730nm
This will hit Chlorophyll F (and achieve the Emerson Effect)

With all that being said, yes he is missing some of the lower blue wavelengths. At the same time so are 95% of the other LED grow lights out there. It can be very difficult to find LEDs below the "Royal Blue" 455nm spectrum. My comment was in respect to the way that you bashed every LED he listed.
I'm not sure you understand my spectrum and thats why your criticizing it.
From your site: "5-band 420-490nm, 510-540nm, 620-690nm" and your "Pro-Bloom" version adds 730-750nm.
Fact is YOU us them too. Yes he does not have the green that you do. You do not give the exact peak spectra that you use. That's understandable. IP, testing, research, competitive edge, and sources are all part of what differentiates companies. However, I do understand the spectra you use. I may agree with them and I may not, but I do understand them fully.

Good job on the explanation.

There's just not a big enough need for these other spectrum's to dedicate a whole diode to it, the plant does not produce much of the Chlorophyll types you mention beyond the basic ones. To add to your 90% deal, also keep in mind our units diodes are placed just right for the different colored diodes to make many blends of spectrum's as well when the colors cross.

All and all I would maybe consider popping 1 3 watt diode right in the center of the unit just to cater to the other Chlorophyll types, just to cover all bases , even if it seems to have little to no effect on the plants we grow hear so good discussion!

Sorry for the long delay in response, I was driving from KY to my new location in CA. I've been testing different combinations of wavelengths and amounts for over 2 years now and I still don't have the results I am looking for.

@Amp, your link gives good basic information on light and wavelengths but doesn't cover our topic really. We are speaking more about the plant biology and the light that different plant chemicals use than what the wavelengths are.

I believe you are after higher irradiances. More whites of different Kelvin temps.

Yeah, I too wonder about throwing in a varied set of 5500°K and lower whites in the mix, with those being on a variable current driver, so you could skew the mix towards red or blue as you saw fit..you know say the 5500°K's on one, some 3700°K's on another and finally some 2700°K's on a third.

Then the tinkerer in me wonders what 10000°K whites would do...those are *way* blue skewed! ;)

:bongrip: - JZ

The really hard part is to get enough output and intensity in the range that you are looking to cover. With all white LED's you will have a ~80% intensity in the 440nm range. Then the next range is in either the 530, 570, or 600 range. These have a long wide distribution, but the intensity across that range isn't strong enough for the penetration we are looking for. It may be possible to use 10+ watt whites and 3 or 5 watt reds and blues to get those results. I haven't tested that yet so I can't tell you.

may I ask where did you get the suggested spectrum? thanks

just use red and blue. the 630red and 460 blue work great. Very good production with just these two spectrums. Other common sense practices in your grow room and you will be happy with your growth production. usually the 630 and 460 spectrum lights are also less expensive to buy. And they work just fine. I am really sold on using led to grow. Depending on the size of your grow room will depend on the size of light you need. but for a a two to four plant garden you should use two 90 watt lights. anything bigger just buy a 300 watt light for up to 6 or seven plants. You will need to buy leds that are least 1 watt diodes. the panel are almost a waste of time. they work but not near as effective as the 90 watt ufo s and higher. And to be effective you have to buy so many panels you just as well go ahead and buy the higher power led grow lights.
I hope this helps those who are wondering about whether to use l led grow lights or not.

To sum it up :; led s work!!! use red and blue , 630 to 660 red and 450 to 460 nm blue. Is all you need to grow, and you will need to buy the higher power led to have a very succesfull grow room .

And just FYI heat is not a problem. They use less power than thier hid cousins. Watt per watt more production from you plants.

I use led in my home. My dining room looks like a rain forest. with pineapples and orange trees. They can be used to grow what ever you need.

Some people do get good results by leds with only red and blue, but most people can't make it I think, nowadays, many people would like to order two led grow panels, one is for budding, veg phase with more blue ratio, and one is for flowering phase with more red ratio as well as some other light, like uv, 3500K warm white, green, orange.
I don't think UFO is better choice than grow panel, even if you use 90 or 120 beam angle, the coverage and penetration is not as good as a grow panel.

I have been using LED for over 3 years. They work. THE 660 and 630 red work. 630 nm is a cheaper led but works as good as the 660 if not better. 460 nm blue is right on. I have seen no reason to go different. The orange 610 I believe is beneficial in it ultimate growth. I only use the tri band light. 630 red 610 orange and 460 blue. It work perfectly and i can harvest 36 inch plant every 12 to 14 weeks. I clone and use seeds. When using seed you will need to check everyday for males. get them out asap. You do not what a seed farm. lol. But use led. The only way to go as far as I am concerned. HID work but require so much energy both in your power and efforts to make grow as easy as it can be.

Check out Intelligent-Gro Intensity series LED lights. They have a good spectrum
PAR_Spectrum_LED_Ratio_Graph_Per_Module-Public_Version.png
Multi_Lapm_connection.png

Back
Top Bottom