How much light to I need?

Diforce

Sorry new here couldnt find anything on FAQ or stickies ..

I built a wooden grow box with 4 cubic feet space inside. it is completly sealed ( exept exhaust and intake fans )

How much light do I need ? is there a formula ?

I ordered this kit :
14 Watt Grow Light Kit - HomeGrownLights.com

only 14 watts , is that enough ? if not can I get some suggestions please ?
For my application should I use LED or HID ?

- Should I Pad the interior walls with reflectors to reflect all the light in the box ?
- how far should it hang above the plant ?

- should it be directly above the plant or is it better to have several lights at the corners ?

Sorry new here couldnt find anything on FAQ or stickies ..

I built a wooden grow box with 4 cubic feet space inside. it is completly sealed ( exept exhaust and intake fans )

How much light do I need ? is there a formula ?

I ordered this kit :
14 Watt Grow Light Kit - HomeGrownLights.com

only 14 watts , is that enough ? if not can I get some suggestions please ?
For my application should I use LED or HID ?

- Should I Pad the interior walls with reflectors to reflect all the light in the box ?
- how far should it hang above the plant ?

- should it be directly above the plant or is it better to have several lights at the corners ?

total waste of money on that light.

general rule of thumb is 40-50w per sq foot of area.

seriously though, that light is nothing more than a frisbee.

thank you , I figured that light was BS , such a shame.
anyway I plan on getting the Hydro grow 21X-PRO stick it inside a box and put Mylar film everywhere inside to maximize the light.

Are there any auto-watering systems that are cheap and doing the job ? I dont want to nanny the plant ...

Are there any auto-watering systems that are cheap and doing the job ? I dont want to nanny the plant ...

Auto pots are self watering gravity feed system with a valve to stem water flow when pot reserva is full, thats the easy option.

NFT, ebb & flow or dripper system which all in turn require a pump and reserva plus a nutrient change every 7 to 10 days & regular PH checking etc to prevent nutrient locks & assoicated problems.

thank you , I figured that light was BS , such a shame.
anyway I plan on getting the Hydro grow 21X-PRO stick it inside a box and put Mylar film everywhere inside to maximize the light.

I HIGHLY suggest staying away from that company. In fact, you would be FAR FAR better off with a 100w Advanced LED Diamond Series which uses 92w and will fit in 2'x3' area. In reality I would say a DS 200w. But that is a few more bucks.

In all seriousness though I would strongly suggest you take a look at this thread at an absolute minimum and learn a bit more about LED before you buy and blow good money on inferior products. There are some very good LED companies out there. Use this info and learn: Stevehmans LED guide.

Back
Top Bottom